backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Well the postman brought excitement and then disappointment šŸ™„

First the excitement. My body posts I designed have arrived from shapeways...

26995692747_cf55a0dc99_z.jpg

Nothing fancy, but I needed some posts that stepped into the chassis to run a body not intended for the DT03 and couldnā€™t find any so had a crack at doing some. First impressions positive šŸ˜

Now the disappointment (and also a lesson on reading dispatch emails!). The truck tyres have arrived, but only one set of inserts šŸ™„ seems they went out of stock or something before I completed order so now waiting for the other pair plus something else which went to back order too. Typical.Ā 

40964701035_2d6cf0dd9a_z.jpg

Schumacher Vee2 and Vee4 front/rear and the required inserts.Ā 

• Like 2

Not exactly what the postman brought me, but what I brought back from Hong KongĀ :DĀ 

I'm still bummed that the wifeĀ wouldn't let me buy the MFC unit for the truck!Ā 

IMG_9823.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestions on dampers guys.

Another decision Iā€™m trying to make is whether to paint the shell as per the box art or choose a different colour, gun metal looks pretty good with the kit decals. What do you think?

21 minutes ago, Tamiyold said:

Another decision Iā€™m trying to make is whether to paint the shell as per the box art or choose a different colour, gun metal looks pretty good with the kit decals. What do you think?

i,m gonna say box art all the way.

but its your top-force and you paint it what colour you like;)

The BigWig arrived along with the spray paints for the body.....yoooooooooooo

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tamiyold said:

Box art has been done. Go wild.

Went and got a T3-01as it's something so utterly Tamiya and different to anything else I have. Going to do the body first (using Blista's tips for the decals) as I have a set of HPI Lancer stickers spare so am thinking of maybe attempting a Ralliart style trike... Have to admit the battery is ridiculously expensive but it does mean a spare TBLE-02S can slot straight in without any modifications.Ā 

DSC_0005.JPG

• Like 1

Noticed sometime back local garden centre was selling loose cells of LiFe 1100mAh... thinking of getting some to try make that pack, but I can't recall/refind which place I saw them atĀ :unsure:

Ahhaaaaaaa... I have a new RTR...... this puts a new spin on buying a kit that needs building, shimming, cutting, gluing, drilling, sanding, dremelling, masking, painting and reaming...... not necessarily in that order either!

I have @tafferĀ to thank for this as he suggested it in a thread about my buying a new car! (cheers pal - I love it)

It's a Team Associated Trophy Rat, basically a Short Course truck, waterproofed and 2-3s lipo ready with a 3300kv brushless motor all based on a rather successful chassis called a SC10.

This ProSC10 chassis is rear motor mounted and has only been out since January 2018 so there's not alot of info out about it and even less video's on Youtube.... I shall start adding to them post haste!

One thing I can't wait to try out is the AVC it has built into the receiver with a gain dial... looks like it can brake from full speed maintining a straight line... and ofcourse pull away a lot smoother than a regular 2wd without spinning out.... the video I saw of it at the TA headquarters looked pretty fun.

Oh and a new shell for it as I've longed for one of these Proline Silverado SC shells for ages and it should drop straight onto this chassis.

lGA1SwB.jpg

sXHrWPB.jpg

RDam1J4.jpg

FJl6bqL.jpg

sDliD7H.jpg

And working LED's too..... who doesn't like lights?

R4nyTsZ.jpg

• Like 8

Lol @Jason1145 i thought I suggested it????

Regardless nice to see if arrive quickly, waiting for the post run review?:-DĀ 

• Haha 1

AVC is great for high speed runs for 40mph+ To stop buggies being so twitchy and reducing donuting!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Went and got a T3-01as it's something so utterly Tamiya and different to anything else I have. Going to do the body first (using Blista's tips for the decals) as I have a set of HPI Lancer stickers spare so am thinking of maybe attempting a Ralliart style trike... Have to admit the battery is ridiculously expensive but it does mean a spare TBLE-02S can slot straight in without any modifications.Ā 

DSC_0005.JPG

Modelsport do a suitable lipo for this, I just bought and tried it on my dancing rider build today

A 1100mah 2s wltoys battery, it's tiny and the dancing rider could fit a bit bigger one in!

13 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

DSC_0005.JPG

Modelsport do a suitable lipo for this, I just bought and tried it on my dancing rider build today

A 1100mah 2s WLtoys battery (Ā£14), it's tiny and the dancing rider could fit a bit bigger one in!

46 minutes ago, taffer said:

Lol @Jason1145 i thought I suggested it????

Regardless nice to see if arrive quickly, waiting for the post run review?:-DĀ 

Your rightĀ buddy IĀ got my buddies mixed up hehe... thanks Taffer I really owe you one for the heads up... Iā€™m so busy to research new trucks properly I hadnā€™t even heard of this yoke till you showed me ;)

First mistake I mightā€™ve made with this truck is the new Silverado shell being too wide! My Trophy Rat has a track width of 28.5cm ( pesky zero offset wheels - Thanks @Effigy3)Ā and the new shell is between 30-31cmĀ wide ( measured through the packaging whilst it still hangs on a wall in n my house)Ā ... my wheels will be lost inside!Ā 

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

I have @tafferĀ to thank for this as he suggested it in a thread about my buying a new car! (cheers pal - I love it)

RDam1J4.jpg

FJl6bqL.jpg

Ā 

Always happy to help others spend money!

I really like that body.Ā  I wonder if it'll fit on an Arrma...Ā 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

Always happy to help others spend money!

I really like that body.Ā  I wonder if it'll fit on an Arrma...Ā 

If you need any measurements let me know, happy to help you spend money too!

• Like 1

Today, Ā£140 of paintĀ :o

paint-may-2018.jpg

Some recent acquisitions, bodies are two M3s, Lancer Evo IV, Hi-Lux Monster Racer and Ā Castrol Tom's Supra.

Rally yearbooks a great source of photos for older cars from the pre digital, pre social media era.

goodies-21st-apr-2018.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, taffer said:

A 1100mah 2s WLtoys battery (Ā£14), it's tiny and the dancing rider could fit a bit bigger one in!

Oh the irony of having received everything from Modelsport (excellent service as all ways)... Oh well! šŸ¤ŖĀ 

A set of 1.9 austar beadlock wheels and a set of austar ax-5020 tyres, they're a complete knock off of the proline hyrax tyres but according to the reviews I've read/watched on YouTube perform every bit as well as the originals but don't last quite as long. For a quarter of the price of a full set of the hyrax's it's worth a try.Ā 

Well not a postman, but a nice Glaswegian rental chap did deliver a brand spanking new Peugeot 5008 GT Line 7 seater today. Very surprised at how nice it is, with 147 miles on the clock. I only have 1 pic ATM. Wife is very impressed with it, and got to say so am I, might be my next car in a few years time :)

James

IMG_20180507_213328.jpg

• Like 2

So I got this cheap buy off ebay noĀ idea why I bought it but I thinking a bit more power for my TNX maybe, its a copy I think will be interesting to see how it performs!Ā 

4IoTRap.jpg

ieTK98H.jpg

Some inserts for my tyres, battery bag and Core RC lipo. First ever lipo. Left it all at work DAMMIT!Ā 

Also got a perfect fit carbon ESC plate for my Thunder Dragon from Fibre Lyte. Knocked up a 2d CAD drawing last week and checked paper templates until it was perfect then dropped them a line. Under a tenner for perfect fit carbon part. Brilliant.