backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A used Speed Passion Reventon pro 1.1 esc w/program card, and 20 pairs of deans connectors.

• Like 2

Got the MIP Super Ball Diff for the hotshot, but will be in my super hotshot, once i can find time to install it  

57608D2E-03A8-4DC3-8A1C-23E147F7905C_zps

• Like 8

many thanks to tonys tamiya parts.

Re re Manta Ray plus motor mount has and hard shaft.

Grand hauler decals and q parts.

Honda City turbo wheel's and decals. 

Lunchbox short shock set. 

Right hand drive cockpit. 

IMG_20180509_145206.jpg

IMG_20180509_145052.jpg

IMG_20180509_145040.jpg

IMG_20180509_145023.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, topforcein said:

many thanks to tonys tamiya parts.

Re re Manta Ray plus motor mount has and hard shaft.

Grand hauler decals and q parts.

Honda City turbo wheel's and decals. 

Lunchbox short shock set. 

Right hand drive cockpit. 

IMG_20180509_145206.jpg

IMG_20180509_145052.jpg

IMG_20180509_145040.jpg

IMG_20180509_145023.jpg

Nice 👍

• Like 1

A F103 friction damper post set:

2018-05-09_08-57-22

Arrived 5 days early!

• Like 1

The postman brought me the TF Evo turnbuckle shaft set today. Hope to start the build soon, when there is less painting, plasterboarding etc to do! And if I can find a suitable table or desk to use. 

12 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Got the MIP Super Ball Diff for the hotshot, but will be in my super hotshot, once i can find time to install it  

57608D2E-03A8-4DC3-8A1C-23E147F7905C_zps

Up until a few days ago I'd never knew these existed now I've seen 3 in as many days☺!

• Like 1

Postie dropped these off yesterday (two different postie actually) I can't believe this Sat on ebay for so long fully ballraced, esc, steering servo, gold rims, spiked super grippers, and mildly tuned motor and next day delivery £130 I don't think that's bad at all;) maybe everyody who wants one has one? I got the 2018 perfect guide off tonys tamiya parts and as usual quick delivery but I am a bit disappointed in the actual book itself:huh: I've got a few of these (the best one is the 2014 guide) but this one is a bit odd for one it's back to front:huh: and it's a bit thin but the really bummer thing is the special offer if you buy the book for the limited edition bodies for the avante and hotshot is only available in japan:unsure:!

20180510_092414.jpg

• Like 2

The last part of a recent Modelsport order.

FAFCF789_DB5_F_47_F7_A007_ED73_E7_ED7843

Great service, as always. They’d missed the foams I had ordered so sent them out next day, even though I’d said I could wait until this shock kit was back in stock.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Great service, as always. They’d missed the foams I had ordered so sent them out next day

Over the past 30+ years I've not had any grumbles with Otley Modelsport, you find out how good a company is, when I doesn't go to plan, and they've been faultless with any issues.🖒

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

The last part of a recent Modelsport order.

FAFCF789_DB5_F_47_F7_A007_ED73_E7_ED7843

Great service, as always. They’d missed the foams I had ordered so sent them out next day, even though I’d said I could wait until this shock kit was back in stock.

Modelsport does have first class service I've always had a quick delivery from them! quite a few years ago I bought a hpi savage from them and on it's very first outing the clutch give up and stripped the clutch bell and just basically made a mess of everthing:o I phone them to tell them what had happened and without any hesitation all the parts to fix it was posted to me the next day special delivery:D now that's service;)!

• Like 2

Won this on ebay, was listed as a F103 but it's a F102. 

Has a 3.5T brushless and a 1/8 scale 120A ESC in it.. not sure who's crazy enough to run that turn of motor in a F102 chassis but it's seems to be in decent condition, i'm going to strip it down and rebuild it...so the hunt for impossible to find F102 parts is on. :)

40232740500_a3dd23c772_h.jpg

• Haha 1

A used Speed Passion Short Course Master 3600kv/11.5T brushless motor. Time to upgrade my ECX Torment this weekend:D

• Like 1

Been a while since anything has turned up but it's been worth the wait

Firstly a couple of Vintage boxes,

41324322144_a0eef83388_b.jpg41324321864_670a425973_b.jpg27174474437_66c8bdc029_b.jpg

If only a Ranger still cost this much!

27174474297_75e16912b7_b.jpg

Next up a TA01 chassis in need of a new front shock mount & a good cleanup, an original DF01 for parts, and finally my first ever M01, which of course had to be a Mini!

40236842040_2fb9eaec2b_b.jpg

A nice vintage AP35 ESC which needs a bit of soldering

27174427737_f28b1fa89f_b.jpg

And finally a decal set for a Lancia Delta

40236842210_4ed03c571d_b.jpg

All in all not a bad haul! 😁

• Like 4

An old brand new Speedworks Buggy Master motor arrived. Bought cheaper than the old tag on the box!  

This will end up in my Kyosho Scorpion.

E4428FC7-BA68-4FA7-96EC-317B6A64F970.jpeg

• Like 2

A few bargain kits I couldn't resist, FF03 Vectra and 2x 911 GT2.

More paint, body accessory set, wheels for the Supra.

Then some nice rarities - original Diebels Alt 190E stickers (with shell logos and interior/driver stickers not on the re-re), Castrol Celica wheels, Tom's Castrol Supra stickers (originals, incredible!)

A Peugeot 306 Maxi WRC body and wing, with no holes (had no idea they existed up until recently)

Oh, and an original 959 body set!

goodies-11th-may-2018.jpg

• Like 5

A second charger arrived today, a SkyRC S60. I bought it from banggood, does anyone know if SkyRC had the same problem with fakes as they do with their imax b6 chargers? It all appears legitimate, the manual is in well written english etc, but I wonder whether saving $30 was worth it if I always have a naghing doubt about it.

the window screen and door windows for the grand hauler i orderd yesterday

TAMIYA SAVER.

I wanted a car to save wrecking my Tamiyas, so I can run them selectively. My Gator took a stones beating last time. 😖

Enter, HBX 12889 Thruster.

Two speed gearbox. All metal diffs, slipper clutch, all steel dog bones and cups, screwed rod style turnbuckles, three wire servos, lights and CVA style oil shocks. 

Really impressed with it, delivered, with battery, basic charger and TX. All for £68!

How? 🤷‍♂️🤔

1w85iuW.jpg

kY86ZE1.jpg

P5whwrh.jpg

• Like 1

More stickers, so now I am ready to finish some bodies.

668B4DD2-E1A7-41A1-A0C6-11F78AF42300.jpeg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Biz73 said:

A used Speed Passion Short Course Master 3600kv/11.5T brushless motor. Time to upgrade my ECX Torment this weekend:D

I so nearly bought a used ECX Torment, hope to see yours on the threads soon pulling wheelies.  (Does your Torment come with offset wheels - making the track wider than zero offset wheels would) 

The Torment has a wide track as it is. I tried to put some Duratrax wheels/tires for the Slash on it and when I compressed the rear suspension they hit the body. If I ran them, the tires would have rubbed the whole time they were rolling. If you cut the body you could use the Slash wheels to make it wider, but I prefer to not have a hacked up body when I don't need it. They are similar the Losi SCTE as far as width. I could probably get away with Associated offset wheels, but right now I use some SCTE ones and the work great.

My sensor wire comes today, and pinions will be here Monday, so I will be ready to go brushless with it. With a 3600kv motor & 7 cell nimh's, I don't know if it will wheelie or not, I'll find out soon:D

I've been trying to behave with the spending but I couldn't resist this on ebay for £3 (shame the postage was £13 :o still cheap though overall)

JWYcsZI.jpg

Thunder Tiger Panda aka Viacom Pandamonium aka Graupner Pinto.

Nice little Grasshopper type buggy with double wishbones up front and a pivot ball at the rear so that is has articulation but no gearbox slap.

I saw one on ebay a couple of years back when I got back into RC and found it intriguing, a little obscure and forgotten. I remember being on the train back from Cardiff after seeing my young daughter (pleased to say she lives back in my town now) and doing my usual ebay trawl and it stood out at me immediately but as often happens I forgot to bid on it and pretty much forgot about it till Ampro started a video series on them a while ago.

Then fast forward a few months and I see this one on ebay. And I have a feeling it might even be the same one I missed two years ago, I'm sure I recognise those decals because they aren't the standard ones.