backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A small order but my biggest for a while from RCJaz.  TRF419 diff, spare gaskets and 2k and 3k oil for my TA07.  This is so I can have 2 diffs made up and swap between them depending on what works best.  I will be experimenting with 900, 2k and 3k to see which is best, and need the spare diff so I can do back to back comparisons.

Also a tube of Tamiya ball diff grease for the TRF102 and Ultima RB6.6 which both run ball diffs.  After I ordered this I saw another post and that I should have bought the Associated ball diff grease, but oh well, I have this now.

• Like 3

Some parts that arrived when i was on holiday. 

183F3991-431A-4938-AFA7-87B9D2222A1D_zps

wild Willy 2 is RTR, so will give it a go later today 🙂

• Like 4

^Always wanted a WR-02^ -_-

Today postie brought me 2 flysky gt2bs. The boxes were pretty mangled as the seller used that thin foam sheeting and a rubbish bag, but the contents appear intact and it was free shipping so cant really complain. 

• Like 3

Thanks to Modelsport, A few bits for the weekend and beyond.

A058B073-DB23-4145-9283-0F4DAC14498C.md.

Paint and Futaba servo for the XV01, a new shell and paint for my Hornet. The Hornet may also get the ESC if it needs one. The Alturn servos are lined up for a couple of ORVs and a TL01 (winter projects at my work rate).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Thanks to Modelsport, A few bits for the weekend and beyond.

A058B073-DB23-4145-9283-0F4DAC14498C.md.

Paint and Futaba servo for the XV01, a new shell and paint for my Hornet. The Hornet may also get the ESC if it needs one. The Alturn servos are lined up for a couple of ORVs and a TL01 (winter projects at my work rate).

Check out those Alturn servo’s for the screw hole in the top, sometimes they use a 2.6mm screw and others need a 3mm screw... even when they are the same servo Model bought together!

Good luck ;)

• Thanks 1

Bits for the Monster Beetle. The MIP diff was a bit spendy but seeing as it'll get run lots thought it better to be preventative than end up repairing.. Would have popped up a pic but I seem to have hit my limit! Oops. 

• Like 2

Nice haul today. LRP Twister for messing about at the local track with the kids (I hope it will be a little more sturdy than the DT02s we seem to wreck every time we're there). LRP 21.5t brushless motor, brand new LRP brushless esc,  new TBLE02s and a used hobbywing WP SC8.

LRPLRP

• Like 4

Shoe Goo!  Just Shoe Goo, but it was much better it was left in my letterbox than I had to brave the shops.  Now to get reinforcing my new body before the weekend...do I go onroad or offroad racing on Sunday...I have a new Orca combo to try out in my Lazer or the new chassis stiffeners and diff changes in my TA07...

• Like 1

Today another project arrived 

024E9A6B-8C44-48A6-9125-A6781D8695B9_zps

not to much todo, but will be painted boxart  

• Like 9

Just picked this up today from a customer.  I'm going to fix his vintage Blackfoot and give him a little cash.  It came with the manual and all original unused decals and a Futaba Attack-4 TX and RX.  He said he never really ran it, just one on the floor to make sure it shifted correctly.

Of course the tires are completely shot and I think there is something going on with the front axle, the tire isn't sitting exactly vertical.

Just out of curiosity, what are these going for now the re-release has been out for a while?

mountaineer 1mountaineer 2

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ncpantherfan71 said:

Just picked this up today from a customer.  I'm going to fix his vintage Blackfoot and give him a little cash.  It came with the manual and all original unused decals and a Futaba Attack-4 TX and RX.  He said he never really ran it, just one on the floor to make sure it shifted correctly.

Of course the tires are completely shot and I think there is something going on with the front axle, the tire isn't sitting exactly vertical.

Just out of curiosity, what are these going for now the re-release has been out for a while?

mountaineer 1mountaineer 2

No idea on how much they are worth sorry but nice find👍

Just a couple of Tamiya screwdrivers I ordered from Jadlam Racing. Well I got a message from my Folks saying they have arrived. It’s just that they are on the other side of the planet from me at the moment in the UK. Will be picking them up next week on my way through. Tempting to try going a month on 2 sets of clothes so I could fit a kit in the suitcase too. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Not from the postman... I had to pick it up from the shop myself. My wedding anniversary present from my wife.😍

UbRaHaC.jpg

• Like 5

A week ago I got this fantastic couple of RC cars. I know they're not Tamiya, but oh, I'm sitting here smiling with these fantastic Kyosho vehicles from the early 80s!

I'd like to thank my buddy @Challenger-RT for always being willing to help me with parts or anything required for my builds and hobbies. You're truly top-notch, Michael!! :)

image.png.2b81c588fd4e4318447593b08e5d563d.png

They are the Kyosho Toyota Hilux Off-roaf buggy AND the legendary Scorpion. The black bathtub on the Scorpion tells me it is a third generation Scorpion, maybe from 1986? Would be nice if somebody could comment on that.

I now have to get used to them as I don't have any knowledge on these ones. I have seen these before in here, but never ran any so it is already a new experience for me. Last year I helped a local guy building the Scorpion re-re, but I know that one has little in common with the original buggy.

I now have two weeks off, so time has come to go grab the screwdrivers again and ENJOY dismantling and restoring these old Kyoshos. :D

I will open restore/rebuild threads now so I can let you see how the dismantling process goes. It's been six months or maybe a year since I last worked a car, so I am literally EAGER to go through some old RC car again.

You all have a good week! :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The postman brought me 2 nice Tamiya TGX 1/8 !

1x Opel Calibra "White DTM" 1995 body 

1x Opel Calibra "Black CLIFF" 1996 ITC Winner Body

1x just got rear suspension axis upgraded with a FS12 (which kind I don't know...), standard tyres,

The other one : got a OPS15 (which kind I don't know...)., adjustable front & rear turnbuckle, bearings, adjustable steering rods, front stabilizator, slick tyres, universals shafts at front... but it miss the recoil starter.

A couple more for the collection of Strikers and related cars thanks to @taffer two cracking examples and even though the Striker is a runner it's still in vgc and it's my first Striker to be in Box Art form so double win.

Looks like I might be able to squeeze on some oil shocks the front of the FX10 too :)

sjRCmVW.jpg

ijaA9bQ.jpg

ArEdW67.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

A couple more for the collection of Strikers and related cars thanks to @svenb, two cracking examples and even though the Striker is a runner it's still in vgc and it's my first Striker to be in Box Art form so double win.

Looks like I might be able to squeeze on some oil shocks the front of the FX10 too :)

Are there any Strikers left for anyone else?  How many is that now?  They look nice examples, good to see them getting some love (I find the Striker one of the strangest cars around)

• Haha 1

A couple more for the collection of Strikers and related cars thanks to @svenb, two cracking examples and even though the Striker is a runner it's still in vgc and it's my first Striker to be in Box Art form so double win.

sjRCmVW.jpg

ijaA9bQ.jpg

ArEdW67.jpg

Thanks for the thanks mate 👍

But nothing to do with me though 😆

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, svenb said:

Thanks for the thanks mate 👍

But nothing to do with me though 😆

Good god I’ve only gone and done it again! ROFL

I got my members mixed up :(

Thanks to @taffer ofcourse ;)

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Are there any Strikers left for anyone else?  How many is that now?  They look nice examples, good to see them getting some love (I find the Striker one of the strangest cars around)

I’ve noticed the Strikers are more commonly up for sale than the Sonic fighters.. I’ve 4-1 now respectively plus a FX10.. I’d like 10 of them eventually! 

This might be because people hold on to the SF’s more, or there were less of them sold?

As for my collection of them... they look great to me,  but honestly it’s also because I know how to restore them now with my eyes closed so it’s warming to not be taxed... just ask how my TB03 ( very complicated compared to a Striker) build is going.. it’s been stalled half way through for a few months now as I’ve not got the gumption for it lol.

• Like 1

Good god I’ve only gone and done it again! ROFL

I got my members mixed up :(

Thanks to @taffer ofcourse ;)

Easy mistake mate 😉 separated at birth taffer and I 😆

• Haha 2

I’ve noticed the Strikers are more commonly up for sale than the Sonic fighters.. I’ve 4-1 now respectively plus a FX10.. I’d like 10 of them eventually! 

This might be because people hold on to the SF’s more, or there were less of them sold?

As for my collection of them... they look great to me,  but honestly it’s also because I know how to restore them now with my eyes closed so it’s warming to not be taxed... just ask how my TB03 ( very complicated compared to a Striker) build is going.. it’s been stalled half way through for a few months now as I’ve not got the gumption for it lol.

How is your TB03 build going?

I may have some bits to help😉

6 hours ago, svenb said:

How is your TB03 build going?

I may have some bits to help😉

I’m looking at the box now and recall the next step was building the shocks... so not too much left to do I reckon.

I might start it again if some bits come from you! Drop me a PM