backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

This little thing appeared today ( after driving around with a courier for 3 days because you don't get the option to pick it up from a depot🤔 bit of a pain!) I was just looking on the web for nothing in particular local sale sites etc then bang 11o'clock at night this appeared on ebay "buy it now" and as I regrettably sold my original one to fund my egress purchase I had to have it😙 now my personal ultimate buggy collection is complete🤗

20180811_112117.jpg

• Like 9

Tamico, RcMart, Modelsport and eBay your offers have been great but they have ruined my bank account..... 😳

TaOclGn.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, 53HRA said:

Tamico, RcMart, Modelsport and eBay your offers have been great but they have ruined my bank account..... 😳

TaOclGn.jpg

That's a good haul😉 i like the beatties bags is all this for a RC shop/museum ya gonna open😄🤔

• Like 1

been looking at one of these for a while and as i plan on airbrushing my camaro shell i thought i would take the plunge and get one. it should be fun esp as i never used a airbrush before.

FBGC 14-in-1 Airbrush Cleaning Kit | Cleaner Set with Glass Pot, Stainless Steel Holder, Needle and Brush Accessories

• Like 4

5 hours ago, topforcein said:

been looking at one of these for a while and as i plan on airbrushing my camaro shell i thought i would take the plunge and get one. it should be fun esp as i never used a airbrush before.

FBGC 14-in-1 Airbrush Cleaning Kit | Cleaner Set with Glass Pot, Stainless Steel Holder, Needle and Brush Accessories

Good luck on your new endeavours, fortune favours the brave!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, topforcein said:

Good luck on your new endeavours, fortune favours the brave!

6 hours ago, topforcein said:

Airbrush cleaning supplies? 

Are those nylon bristles or steel?  I have not seen people using steel brushes to clean airbrush. Metal bristles in airbrush would wear out the air brush and soon it can develop sputters.  Is the jar a dump or a reservoir?  A dump is useful.  My ancient one came with a filter that's used on respirators, so it won't let out VOC.  

Airbrush is a lot of work, but it can be fun.  Don't forget a respirator and a fan to vent out the room. Health before fun.  Show us your work too!  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Juggular said:

Are those nylon bristles or steel?  I have not seen people using steel brushes to clean airbrush. Metal bristles in airbrush would wear out the air brush and soon it can develop sputters.  Is the jar a dump or a reservoir?  A dump is useful.  My ancient one came with a filter that's used on respirators, so it won't let out VOC.  

Airbrush is a lot of work, but it can be fun.  Don't forget a respirator and a fan to vent out the room. Health before fun.  Show us your work too!  

Plus one on ventilation. Airbrush paint travels. I was spraying downstairs with window open slightly, my wife was upstairs the whole time and woke up the morning with blue paint in a tissue where she blew her nose :mellow: I found running IPA through the system when you've finished will help a lot. I did it with water the first time and it took forever to clean and an age to get the water out. Enjoy and good luck!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Juggular said:

They seem to be nylon brushes but I dought I'll use them tbh as I would probe clean with either thinners or air brush cleaner. And yes it's a dump jar it does have a filter in the lid plus it came with a couple spare. I will be getting a 3m double filter mask soon. I won't be spraying in the house I'll do that on my shed. I'm not gonna go for anything fancy esp it will be my first time but when it's finished I'll put up pics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

They seem to be nylon brushes but I dought I'll use them tbh as I would probe clean with either thinners or air brush cleaner. And yes it's a dump jar it does have a filter in the lid plus it came with a couple spare. I will be getting a 3m double filter mask soon. I won't be spraying in the house I'll do that on my shed. I'm not gonna go for anything fancy esp it will be my first time but when it's finished I'll put up pics. 

When you say "mask" it's a proper automotive painter's respirator, right?  I wouldn't know you if I saw you walking down the street. (Unlikely, because of the pond between us)  But I've seen your posts long enough to remember 'topforcein.'  It was horrible to hear one member lose a fight to cancer several months ago. I wasn't even familiar with his name.  Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) found in the paint can mess with your DNA.  If mman2005's wife's nose comes out blue in another floor, you'll be inhaling a lot more in your shed. 

These automotive painter's respirators are designed to catch VOC.  You cannot even smell the paint fume.  If you are serious enough to invest a couple hundred pounds for an airbrush system, you should have a respirator.  If you meant the respirator, forgive me for going all grandma on you.  My second hobby is worrying.  

2fMc31s.jpg

• Like 3

Finally, I got my hands on a Sand Rover!  In the 80's, I was utterly unimpressed.  But I looked everywhere for a good deal on this one for over a year now.  

I was sure I was going to get one "soon," I bought a 17t pinion for it last year.  Except, it's been 13-14 months, I can't find the darn pinion!  I might have put it "somewhere I wouldn't forget."  I'm sure that "somewhere I wouldn't forget" is connected to the Neverland.  By now Peter might have put it in his slingshot ammo pocket.  I reckon steel pinion would hurt a lot.  Use it wisely Peter.  That was like $8 a pop. 

a8ItrkR.jpg

I also got paint for 4 cars.  (1) "Pure Orange" for Sand Rover, and (2) @Re-Bugged version of VW bug. (if I like this "Pure Orange" better than the regular orange) 

(3) "Pearl Yellow" for Vanessa's van.  (4) "Italian Red" for Subaru Brat.  This look like regular red.  Italian red is supposed to have a very slight orange tint to it. Making it much brighter.  I might paint yellow under this red to make it more "Italian."   

mBXCWxB.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2018 at 6:37 AM, moffman said:

I was just looking on the web for nothing in particular local sale sites etc then bang 11o'clock at night this appeared on ebay "buy it now" 

Nice find mate 👍🏻 I’m ever hopeful one will come my way sometime. 

• Like 1

@Juggular my vote would be orange of course 😉. ( maybe with the a whiteish bonnet? )

I think if you went red then it would have to be an in your face deep 70/80s metal flake red 👍🏻  

• Like 1

Picked up from the lhs:. 

Rere Optima (my second) at a great price.

G6-01 clear chassis, yellow gears, red idlers.  Sad part is that it needs two sets of yellow gears so I'll have to wait for another set.  Ordered more Egress wheels and a Fox chassis.

• Like 1

Just some 1510 bearings today for the TA07 diff.  The ones that go on the outdrives.  They use .2mm shims as well, I don't have any spares, I wonder if .4mm total will cause any problems...

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

@Juggular my vote would be orange of course 😉. ( maybe with the a whiteish bonnet? )

I think if you went red then it would have to be an in your face deep 70/80s metal flake red 👍🏻  

Yes, maybe whitish bonnet would look good.  (I photoshopped on your very own bug to see how it would look) 

I think I'll get another orange.  "Pure Orange" I got is too bright.  It could be okay for the Sand Rover.  But for the bug, I think the orange color needs to be a deeper color like yours.  I have a sinking feeling Tamiya sprays can't replicate your color.  

qgUI0nO.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

A proper servo horn for my TNX, with any luck it will now steer properly and not fall off or snap! 

UgDQGaq.jpg?1

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Juggular said:

When you say "mask" it's a proper automotive painter's respirator, right?  I wouldn't know you if I saw you walking down the street. (Unlikely, because of the pond between us)  But I've seen your posts long enough to remember 'topforcein.'  It was horrible to hear one member lose a fight to cancer several months ago. I wasn't even familiar with his name.  Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) found in the paint can mess with your DNA.  If mman2005's wife's nose comes out blue in another floor, you'll be inhaling a lot more in your shed. 

These automotive painter's respirators are designed to catch VOC.  You cannot even smell the paint fume.  If you are serious enough to invest a couple hundred pounds for an airbrush system, you should have a respirator.  If you meant the respirator, forgive me for going all grandma on you.  My second hobby is worrying.  

2fMc31s.jpg

Yeah that the same thing I have in my checkout on amazon but this one is blue. Know my lady job wax a detailer/valeter and I used many cans of paint plus many chemicals for cleaning esp we used to use a fogger bomb for inside witch needed to be left overnight and when opened the next day the car would need venting and the smell was unbelievable the first time I used it I ended up outside caughing my lungs up after that I refused to have anything to do with them. Know I find it hard to breath so yeah I have learnt the hard way so yeah I am def gonna get a mask for when airbrushing. I don't mind anyone going on like a grandma I do the same tbh lol. 

• Haha 1

The worlds smallest oil shocks....... that I could find anyway..... planned use = Striker, or the dustbin if they won't fit ;p

TTurnX2.jpg

5qFFecF.jpg

• Like 3

And reduced to £85 I had to jump on it..... 7 had been sold and this was the last one at this price....  no esc but a Torque Tuned motor inside.... and I've wanted this Ferrari F12TDF for a 6 months now so that's enough reasoning for me!

imdFD2O.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2018 at 7:12 PM, Jason1145 said:

And reduced to £85 I had to jump on it..... 7 had been sold and this was the last one at this price....  no esc but a Torque Tuned motor inside.... and I've wanted this Ferrari F12TDF for a 6 months now so that's enough reasoning for me!

imdFD2O.jpg

That is really nice, I am on Gran Turismo Spor at the Ferrari La Festa Cavallio challenge, and been driving ferraria for a few days now. Thought about the Enzo, 599 and this F12 for my ta05. Maybe even a FXX.

just have to love a nice Ferrari, this is mine I have been driving on GTS. All blacked out.

81B5195B-EAE0-45FB-A504-6520C162DEB6.png

• Like 2

And today the postman brought my TA05 IFS. Including a Carson Dragstar Sport SL 10T brushless sistem with original 70T 0.6 Spur and hop up 22T pinion instead the 20T.

It even came with the original box and manual, like new, what suprised me in a good way. no one has mentioned that detail. 

9vl9xi.jpg162vif.jpg14imovp.jpg

• Like 4