backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2cwo29y.jpg

a good Monday. Rcmart, gold rims, tires and spoiler is for my F103/104.

the rest is meant for the Xray T1fk05 

• Like 2

On 8/18/2018 at 9:31 AM, 78Triumph said:

LHS supply run:

30230294028_c5214b2539_b.jpg

The 1 dollar exacto knives were a no-brainer...

Awesome choice of spray paint colors you have chosen 😉😃

• Like 1

I'm trying to be frugal for the next few months, just grabbing little bits here and there to use on the million projects I already have up in there air.

I spotted a rather messy looking little lot on ebay the other day but decided to have a gamble. I ended up with a Quicrun 1060 which is as good as new, a bruhsless ezrun 60-SL which looks rough (previous owner used super glue to mount it in the car by the looks of it!), a Hobbywing program card, an overlander 60A brushless plane/marine ESC, an HPI 27T 540 motor and an FTX 15T 550 motor. All of it works perfectly. £15 posted!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Awesome choice of spray paint colors you have chosen 😉😃

You know it!  :)

• Haha 1

My journey home from holiday took five hours and I was a bit frazzled when I got in.

I checked my emails and found a 15% off eBay coupon with 45 minutes left before expiry.

Whilst making dinner I did a bit of browsing and before I could stop myself, placed an order for this...

CFF7BEF0-2CFA-41AF-A565-6DA0A031CC54.jpg

Could I have just put the Asterion body on the FJ CR-01 I bought a little while back?!!

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

My journey home from holiday took five hours and I was a bit frazzled when I got in.

I checked my emails and found a 15% off eBay coupon with 45 minutes left before expiry.

Whilst making dinner I did a bit of browsing and before I could stop myself, placed an order for this...

CFF7BEF0-2CFA-41AF-A565-6DA0A031CC54.jpg

Could I have just put the Asterion body on the FJ CR-01 I bought a little while back?!!

This eBay coupon is news to me, how does that work?

1 minute ago, Granddad Stinky said:

This eBay coupon is news to me, how does that work?

Occasionally, I get an email from eBay with a code to put input at checkout. Normally valid for 24 hours from issue or by a set deadline.

Sometimes they are limited to specific eBay ‘shops’, sometimes eBay- wide.

Commonly 10% but I got a bit giddy at 15%.

Have a look at your eBay email settings to see if they can send you junk / offers.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Occasionally, I get an email from eBay with a code to put input at checkout. Normally valid for 24 hours from issue or by a set deadline.

Have a look at your eBay email settings to see if they can send you junk / offers.

Thanks, I'll have a look into that. 👍

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Commonly 10% but I got a bit giddy at 15%

Do you remember the 20% one they did last year? 

It was like Christmas come early!

30 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Do you remember the 20% one they did last year? 

It was like Christmas come early!

I think that was when I bought Transformers DVDs that never arrived :(

Should have bought RC...

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

was that 15% one coded piggy bank

12 minutes ago, topforcein said:

was that 15% one coded piggy bank

That was the one. You put the code in at the checkout so I thought, nothing ventured...! Was planning to get something from timetunnel/goldstarstockists but then this popped up. Quite a bit cheaper...then 15% off... 

• Like 1

Arrived, and quickly fitted, front universal joints for the mid, replacement frp shock towers and spare rear driveshafts.

2018-08-21_08-44-48

• Like 5

Today arrived something from around the world.

A Dodge Stratus 3.0 Body shell and 4.pcs HUDY Stardish rims, for the Xray T1FK05. All the way from Greece, seems like the packet has been opened by customs. :rolleyes: For a good price, shipping to Croatia is the same as from Germany with Tamico or T2shop etc. abut 14-16€

All the rear parts for the F104 carbon rear shaft with diff and all the restos, I managed to loose on the last speed run, 55$ shipped from Japan.

And a set of stabilizers for a TA 05 from Hong Kong.

9u0zo9.jpg

• Like 3

I order a kit from RcJaz 12 days ago and it arrived today. 

I'd never used them before but their price was marginally better than Stella so I went for it...and was not disappointed!

Without me asking them to they marked it as gift and a value of $22.00 so I wasn't stung for duty.

Ker-ching!

IMG_20180824_171517.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Olly_Lunchbox said:

I order a kit from RcJaz 12 days ago and it arrived today. 

I'd never used them before but their price was marginally better than Stella so I went for it...and was not disappointed!

Without me asking them to they marked it as gift and a value of $22.00 so I wasn't stung for duty.

Ker-ching!

IMG_20180824_171517.jpg

Nice what kit is it?

2 hours ago, svenb said:

Nice what kit is it?

It's TRF201, the 42203 version.

I'm a bit late to the TRF party but have lusted after this 2wd buggy for years.

Of course, I didn't know the Super Astute was imminent when I ordered this or I may have held off but what the heck, can't have too many hot 2wd buggies.

The postlady brought me some stuff today. 

IMG_20180825_115733_zpsqiyecj5s.jpg

New wheels for my Top Force runner. Also got a Acto power motor, hopefully all I need to build the hilux body for my high lift. Also got the gmade dampers for the hilux. Anyone know if I can remove the spring leafs when using these dampers?  Yeah and I got the junfac 4 link setup. And a free kit from Tamico. 

• Like 4

I was going back and forth trying to pick between two kits and couldn't make up my mind, so I bought something else instead.

hdMcR0O.jpg

This is going to be combined with my TT02R to create a TT02RS.  A few days after I placed the order the 47382 TT02RR release was mentioned on TamiyaBlog.  I'll be interested to see what's new/different with the RR.  I may need to create a TT02RSRR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blista said:

I was going back and forth trying to pick between two kits and couldn't make up my mind, so I bought something else instead.

I used to be indecisive too, but now I'm not so sure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blista said:

This is going to be combined with my TT02R to create a TT02RS.  A few days after I placed the order the 47382 TT02RR release was mentioned on TamiyaBlog.  I'll be interested to see what's new/different with the RR.  I may need to create a TT02RSRR.

What were the other 2 you were trying to decide on? There is a good chance you'll end up with them as well, so you may as well have got both!