The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

ProTek Premier Blue o-ring grease

DE Racing Trinidad wheels for my Losi xxx-sct

Proline Trencher X tires for the above wheels

It feels like Christmas!

• Like 2

Went to the postoffice and got these 

IMG_20180901_222451_zpsblko0ui9.jpg

Just had to have it once I saw the super rare avante 2001 cockpit, so happy now 🙂

Also got this factory painted body from Tamico. 

IMG_20180901_222522_zps2nvjmxqg.jpg

In time I will try to detail this car some more. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Went to the postoffice and got these 

IMG_20180901_222451_zpsblko0ui9.jpg

Just had to have it once I saw the super rare avante 2001 cockpit, so happy now 🙂

Also got this factory painted body from Tamico. 

IMG_20180901_222522_zps2nvjmxqg.jpg

In time I will try to detail this car some more. 

Ooooo you belter. I have a big soft spot for the Terra Conqueror, and you have the orange wheels to match! 

Will it be a runner? When I had mine it handled way better with Top Force shock towers and I think I still have the J part to mount the front tower. Drop me a line if you'd like it. Yours for postage.

• Like 2

43704455674_783033632a_b.jpg

Hopefully the parts bowl will keep me from losing screws and wasting time looking for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2CV kit arrived today from Germany - a present from my wife for my birthday. Well timed as I've just finished my Sand Scorcher!

I've rebuilt a full size 2cv on a replacement chassis so this should be much easier.

IMG_0966.jpg

• Like 7

Xsara wing courtesy of TC member firefoxussr, thanks Gary!

A NIB R91CP re-re kit, Jaguar XJR-12 and Mercedes C11 show special body sets, Group C front tyres, Alfa 155 stickers and an original vintage issue Skyline cockpit set.

As the worlds biggest fan of the cockpit set I had to have this original version to go with my original NIP Rally and Group C ones. All I need now is the original Merc 190E one.

goodies-31st-aug-2018.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Ooooo you belter. I have a big soft spot for the Terra Conqueror, and you have the orange wheels to match! 

Will it be a runner? When I had mine it handled way better with Top Force shock towers and I think I still have the J part to mount the front tower. Drop me a line if you'd like it. Yours for postage.

Hehe... Yeah the Terra Conqueror started my obsession for this range of cars. The orange wheels are so cool, i just got my hands on another set of them that i have mounted on my Top-Force runner. Not sure yet what this one will be i do have a orange chassis, that i might mount on this one. I also have some white parts that i might mount as white or maybe dye em same colour orange. If i do this, then it will be doomed to stay on the shelf. 

Thanks for your offer on the j part, pm sendt. 

• Like 1

From Japan, TA05 IFS A parts only for the sway bar mount.

and a set of Pit shimizu tires for Xray wheels.

and 5spoke rims for rally block tires.8x20s8.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Got some decals from mci today. 

IMG_20180903_155518_zpsh53vcova.jpg

You made sure of qualifying for the free delivery ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

You made sure of qualifying for the free delivery ;)

Yeah, off course 😋

2 hours ago, novicelad said:

Tamiya TNX5.2r Chassis I can upgrade some bits on my old girl

o5hTv0K.jpg

Wow, never seen one of those before. Bet thats ace running. Doesn't look very Tamiya! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Wow, never seen one of those before. Bet thats ace running. Doesn't look very Tamiya! 

I have the original tnx which I have converted to brushless, its great fun but needed proper dogbone driveshafts to replace the current CVD's.

I am not sure yet if to upgrade whole chassis or just drive shafts 

3 hours ago, novicelad said:

I have the original tnx which I have converted to brushless, its great fun but needed proper dogbone driveshafts to replace the current CVD's.

I am not sure yet if to upgrade whole chassis or just drive shafts 

Pics when done, I'm intrigued by this. Will get some Google fu on to find more about these. 

8 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Pics when done, I'm intrigued by this. Will get some Google fu on to find more about these. 

My original build thread

• Thanks 1

Today i received my EBay Manta Ray, ready to be turned into hopefully something a bit special. Got it all stripped down to find it has already has ball races fitted. 

Could do with a new chassis.

20180904_174614.thumb.jpg.6653de8993c1395fdbedee3874f3bff2.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, nellyle said:

Today i received my EBay Manta Ray, ready to be turned into hopefully something a bit special. Got it all stripped down to find it has already has ball races fitted. 

Could do with a new chassis.

20180904_174614.thumb.jpg.6653de8993c1395fdbedee3874f3bff2.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Manta-Ray-Terra-Conqueror-Dirt-Thrasher-Hummer-0335100-10335100-Chassis/292484872775?hash=item441974fa47:g:xXgAAOSwEetV7udd

Really good haul today!

20180905_175401

Broken TRF201 off eBay with aeration shocks, universal shafts, steering set and loads of wheels. 

Loads of Shapeways bits. First print of my TRF211 3 Gear Laydown Gear case. The 201 in the pic will be pillaged to build up the 211 tub I already have. 

The rest of the bits are for Ultra G. Its driving brilliantly at the moment, so obviously I need to fiddle with it! 3 deg toe in rear hubs for the Thundershot rear end. Already proven on my Thunder Dragon so looking forward to running these. Total punt is some 15 deg caster front uprights to try and calm down the turn in. Super simple and cheap parts so was worth a go.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, topforcein said:

Thanks

I already ordered one from Ebay, so hopefully should be able to progress things Friday.....although, anyone know what parts are required to use the Fyberlite carbon Top Force chassis?

39 minutes ago, nellyle said:

Thanks

I already ordered one from Ebay, so hopefully should be able to progress things Friday.....although, anyone know what parts are required to use the Fyberlite carbon Top Force chassis?

You need the Top Force J parts plus all the metal posts. I can't remember those parts name off the top of my head. You also need the Top Force bearing steering set. Just search Tamiya Top Force Manual and look at the parts list. 

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

You need the Top Force J parts plus all the metal posts. I can't remember those parts name off the top of my head. You also need the Top Force bearing steering set. Just search Tamiya Top Force Manual and look at the parts list. 

Thanks

I already have the J parts on their way from Tamico, it's the metal posts I'll get lost with! Off to the manual....

• Like 1

Orange arrived for Re-Bugged version of the beetle (Thank you! Re-Bugged!).  I don't know when I'll do it, but I like it even before testing it.  The yellow is for Lunchbox (maybe).  

byCaX16.jpg

• Like 3