backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 9/2/2018 at 2:33 PM, tim04 said:

2CV kit arrived today from Germany - a present from my wife for my birthday. Well timed as I've just finished my Sand Scorcher!

I've rebuilt a full size 2cv on a replacement chassis so this should be much easier.

IMG_0966.jpg

That's a beautiful VW Bug in the back. Do you have some pictures of that one?

Some proline body mounts, the idea is to use these on the TNX don't know how but gonna try. Anything to get away from body clips! 

aNkEWej.jpg

• Like 2

I bought another M-05 VW Golf kit to build up bone stock to race this fall on indoor carpet.  It will be my first time ever really racing.

29582691957_1edcb157fd_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

This arrived from Jazhobby in China to my doorstep in NJ in six days!  I couldn't believe it!  The last one I ordered was sitting in NYC Customs for a week.

• Like 8

yesterday I got this stuff in the mail

IMG_20180906_222039_zpsh0ozfna0.jpg

But I got a message from eBay, global shipping program, regarding the gold ta03 dampers I have bought saying it's a restricted item????? so they could not ship it to me???? I have allready got a refund from eBay, but why on earth can't they ship 4 small dampers to me, is it because of the oil inside?  But this means it's gonna be hard getting used dampers from ebay when seller uses GSP. 

But they also say "The item will not be shipped to you nor returned to your seller", does this mean the seller want get em back? if so, there is something very wrong, or one ebay employee that really needs a set of good dampers for his car.  So of, to find myself other dampers then. 

Chuffed to see the Postman today when he brought a Kyosho Javelin, nice to have at least one higher end kit in the collection. The box took a bit of a knock in transit but no damage to the contents thankfully. He also had a Skyrc S60 balance charger for me, as I discovered that the imax my Dad gave me is a clone. Live and learn.

9GG4DA6.jpg

• Like 12

7 hours ago, bjorklo said:

"The item will not be shipped to you nor returned to your seller"

What does that mean? That they'll throw them in the trash where they could potentially have a more environmental impact versus sending them to you? :wacko:

Got home just now to find universal shafts, Schumacher small bore shocks, a new chassis and a Top Force Evo turnbuckle set ready for my Manta Ray Mongrel build. Going to be a fun afternoon!

• Like 5

On 9/6/2018 at 5:19 AM, mongoose1983 said:

That's a beautiful VW Bug in the back. Do you have some pictures of that one?

Thanks for that. I bought the Sand Scorcher kit last year when I was on holiday in Japan, and initially tried to replicate the box art but couldn't get it perfect so rubbed it down and started again. I was going to do a Herbie replica so ordered some L87 Pearl White but once I sprayed the shell I decided to keep it as it is in the picture. I'm not going to run it so it will just sit in my office. I worked in a big RC model shop many years ago when I young and built Tamiya kits for customers in the run up to Christmas so it's nice to take my time and enjoy building them now!

IMG_0963.thumb.jpg.5327d1e0a53196b3a3fd265a5bb8927e.jpg

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

What does that mean? That they'll throw them in the trash where they could potentially have a more environmental impact versus sending them to you? :wacko:

Not sure. I feel sorry for the guy loosing all that money for those good dampers... Ebay said something like your dispute is now solved. I really hope that the guy don't think I had something to do with this..  Since I haven't started any dispute against him... A bit *******ed of on ebay now. 

On 9/7/2018 at 5:59 AM, bjorklo said:

I got a message from eBay, global shipping program, regarding the gold ta03 dampers I have bought saying it's a restricted item?????

At least you got a message, I received a refund on a 1:1 car part I ordered from the states, phoned the seller (a bit fuming, set alarm to get up in the middle of the night to phone!), seller insistent they sent the item and gave tracking, eBay or paypal couldn't tell me why i was refunded, many live chats and phone calls later, I eventually received a message off eBay,  to say, the item was to large to process so was liquidated! (Must be some size of blender😂

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

At least you got a message, I received a refund on a 1:1 car part I ordered from the states, phoned the seller (a bit fuming, set alarm to get up in the middle of the night to phone!), seller insistent they sent the item and gave tracking, eBay or paypal couldn't tell me why i was refunded, many live chats and phone calls later, I eventually received a message off eBay,  to say, the item was to large to process so was liquidated! (Must be some size of blender😂

Strange - I recently bought an exhaust system part for my car from the USA via an ebay seller - got the Global Shipping notifications and the part duly arrived - wasn't small either.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Strange - I recently bought an exhaust system part for my car from the USA via an ebay seller - got the Global Shipping notifications and the part duly arrived - wasn't small either.

I've had a full 2.5" magnaflow X pipe stainless system sent over without problems, but a radiator panel,  nope, too big!?! 

Got this combo today, got a tip about it should be OK to use in my TF runner. 

IMG_20180910_161034_zpsweqi2rok.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/8/2018 at 4:15 PM, Wooders28 said:

I've had a full 2.5" magnaflow X pipe stainless system sent over without problems, but a radiator panel,  nope, too big!?! 

Sounds like a catch-all excuse for when someone along the delivery chain can't be bothered to do their job...

• Like 1

I should have taken photos. Wheels, inserts and tyres turned up for my pick-up project. Hoping that get the day to myself on my birthday to work on this one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Got this combo today, got a tip about it should be OK to use in my TF runner. 

IMG_20180910_161034_zpsweqi2rok.jpg

5200kv should rip... I'm using a few of these esc's on 2s lipo and even a couple of these 5200kv motors.... they run very well, good luck with yours.

Today postie brought me this..... an absolute bargain had off Ebay, being an XB I had to have it,... it came with the strangest looking esc though, and a big pointy ariel on the transmitter!

mTXJK1E.jpg

GM9SPCN.jpg

The bodyshell has hardly been used save for a minor split in the front valence about 2mm deep... I plan to use this chassis though to mount a Tamiya LaFerrari shell on -  as part of my supercar collection being amassed. (Zonda on a TB03 too)

Z43uPrG.jpg

vsN5URN.jpg

These'll probably be ripped out and updated after tested they all work as should and might even be put up for sale.

YjUBQwW.jpg

Z43uPrG.jpg

• Like 6

Forgot to take a pic, but a Vanquish VS4-10.  I'm telling myself this is the last kit for a while and may even sell some to make myself feel better about the cash outlay.

On 9/11/2018 at 5:28 AM, Fabia130vRS said:

152gh9g.jpg

a few small bits arrived for my F104gt mini project.

Whoa, I wonder if that rear wheel mount can be used for Bruiser to mount regular 12mm hexa wheels? 

Like, on top of this?  (probably not...)

HkayrLF.jpg

• Like 1

I got 3 different kinds of LED sets.  

On the left are bucket lights (arrived broken here and there, but I need only 2 from each).  $6.50 each. 

The middle are simple white and red lights (2 white, 2 red.  Simple plug-in, not even a switch.).  $1.64 each.  

On the right can be controlled by receiver signals (12 lights--- 2 brake, 4 blinkers, 6 white).  $12.50 each.   

BVcYIU9.jpg

• Like 5

On 9/10/2018 at 8:47 PM, Jason1145 said:

5200kv should rip... I'm using a few of these esc's on 2s lipo and even a couple of these 5200kv motors.... they run very well, good luck with yours. 

Thanks, really looking forward to get some fun run time.