backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Designed my own Tamiya cup . Hang on, excuse me a minute, I think the kettle's just boiled :)

aRlDuVw.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Got this yesterday

IMG_20180915_154759_zps7sfrbdix.jpg

This should help in getting some of my runners to run again. 

• Like 5

Well, ordered a 10BL120 and a Trackstar TS3t reciever from hobbyking, £33 for the esc and £9 for the rx, (on offer, and according to Facebook experts, binds with the core cr151, so worth a punt, but it doesn't, but will try with other systems..😖

2018-09-17_03-36-30

Came to just shy of £50 inc shipping and PayPal fee (?) , then a letter arrived demanding £16.50 customs fee! 🤬, £8 of that courtesy of the royal mail...

£66.50 in the end for £41 of parts. (The esc is £42 delivered  from Otley Modelsport 🙄

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

£66.50 in the end for £41 of parts. (The esc is £42 delivered  from Otley Modelsport 🙄

Don't get me started on customs. Despite reserving the payment on my card and me complaining that they hadn't followed through, RM did nowt and have now sent it back to the sender. I walked to the sorting office to speak to an operative to find I was at the wrong one - they had closed it!!!

So now I'm £50 down with no parcel. At least it wasn't RC- related.

In other news, I did receive some sticky-back vinyl today so I can do some stripes on the pick-up project. Should be a giggle....

• Sad 2

A pair of alloy wheel mounts for the Monster Beetle. Must have ever so slightly over tightened the original plastic ones which meant they wobbled when running. Really happy with the quality plus the wheels are now true! 

DSC_0001

• Like 3

Well, after the Postman put a hole in the last box he delivered I decided to pick this up myself.

EHt4fO4.jpg

• Like 10

A mad bull for my daughter to match her older brother and s cheap esc to replace the msc, will see how that goes?

1R6Lk9i.jpg

irQWZFQ.jpg

zCBiT2f.jpg

• Like 4

Xsara body from JK-RC, King Cab B parts from eBay, the rest from Tamico. Body sets are the Porsche 934 Vaillant.

Paint pot is the new LP Laquer which isn't available in the UK yet. Interested to see how this compares to the X acrylics.

goodies-21st-sep-2018.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

....Body sets are the Porsche 934 Vaillant.

Can you get 1:10 Vaillant decal sheets do you know?

Actually delivered on Friday, but I only got hold of the parcel yesterday and then only got round to opening it this morning - the M05ra Suzuki Swift I bought from member @mman2005

Looks to be in fantastic shape. Quite surprised how small it is, and going to get even smaller when I convert it for a Mini body.

Just need to get hold of some electrics for it then I can see how it goes.

• Like 1

1st purchase in ages, 4 vintage Shocks and fittings for my red Blazing Blazer.

That will be it for a while longer! 

• Like 1

Hope you do a better job at spraying than me @Klausen , i think mine would be a waste of decals! 😳

More Schumacher tyres arrived for the Optima Mid, should be enough options to get it to work..🤔

2018-09-23_06-56-51

• Like 6

The £8 Lipos have arrived, bill came to almost £80 ,after a couple of, while I'm ordering,could do with's.....🙄

2018-09-24_10-05-42

• Like 5

Got some fender flares for my high-lift project and the Valliant Porsche body for ta02. Same as the one in the limited edition from Tamico (sorry about the bad picture) 

IMG_20180924_144429_zps6ewmdn81.jpg

IMG_20180921_162311_zpsmn1ybdve.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, novicelad said:

A surpass hobby 4076 2200kv motor for my Tamiya TNX 

f4D7k95.jpg

Have you used surpass hobby motors before? The V4S looks interesting, I'm womdering if they are any good as an upgrade for my 2wd buggy

9 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Have you used surpass hobby motors before? The V4S looks interesting, I'm womdering if they are any good as an upgrade for my 2wd buggy

My DT-03 I used a brushless combo, its excellent

On 9/24/2018 at 6:37 PM, bjorklo said:

Got some fender flares for my high-lift project and the Valliant Porsche body for ta02. Same as the one in the limited edition from Tamico (sorry about the bad picture) 

IMG_20180924_144429_zps6ewmdn81.jpg

are they from this seller. if so what are they like as i have had them in my list for a while but aint decided to buy them 

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rubber-Fenders-for-Tamiya-Toyota-Hilux-High-Lift-RC-Axial-Tamiya-RC4WD/171566364712

Managed to have a little spend up on eBay recently and picked up some bits that have been in my watch list for ages! I'm starting another speed run project alongside my (currently unfinished) FF01 speed run car so I was happy when the postman came armed with a stack of parcels for me today :)

e7eIBSN.jpg

I'll get a project thread started for the build :)

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, Jonathon Gillham said:

I had one of their 1/18th sets and wasn't impressed, had a dodgy connection from the start, had to solder motor direct to ESC to get it working, and it lacked power compared to the hobbywing equivalent, 

But that V4S does look flashy.

• Like 1

Arrowmax bits arrived.  

2L810Nr.jpg

Bits look very good compared to the sad and worn tumbleweed wrench.  

4ViWp9I.jpg

• Like 3