backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Why has the default text size for posts turned tiny?

Electrics for my High-Lift arrived from RCMart today, always great service. Battery was acquired locally 4200aAh lipo (round) stick pack should be okay to get me started.

The ESC is a Yeah Racing one but it's branded Hobbywing 1060 on the base. The only little disappointment was that I got the ESC and motor as a combo and with any combo I'd expect them to be compatible out of the box. The motor came with no motor wires or connectors (the ESC of course does) so it's not an out-of-the-box solution. I picked up some extra Deans connectors and 12 gauge at the LHS.

So this is my project for the weekend... body is not yet finished started.

HighLiftElectrics.jpg

• Like 3

I've been good! Nothing for a while 😳

Some rear wheels arrived for the mid, means I can glue some tyres on with inserts and give some options 👍

2018-11-09_06-25-55

• Like 3

Bought this little ammo box to store the LIPOs.

Much safer storage then just sitting on the shelf. :)

sSAn8Gk.jpg

• Like 5

Couple of fairly rare things from far east sellers

Tamiya TRF HL small bore aeration shock cylinders

I picked up a job lot of TRF511/DB01 spares a while back and one of the treasures was more than enough parts to make some small bore aeration dampers if I could get some cylinders. Asked around for old spares to no avail so found these new ones. Been hovering over the buy button for about 6 weeks as these were over 30 quid including shipping. But I have all the other parts to make a 60 quid set of shocks so Man Maths dictates that this is a sensible use of funds! 

Not decided which buggy they are going on but I think the DN01 has to be a strong contender. With the other hop ups that has these will bring it up to TRF201 spec. Although I am slightly tempted to put them on the Thunder Dragon for giggles. 

• Like 2

Me new rims...b.locks...screws...and edgeing for me 5iveB)

20181110_141527

Jus need dye nowB)

• Like 1

A couple of upgrades for my Rocksocker, bent lower arms and hardened universal shafts. Looking forward to building this, very different to anything else I've done. 

DSC_0003

• Like 4

On 11/12/2018 at 3:45 AM, Klausen said:

B9E67E53-E61D-4592-BBED-FE37B4C625F7.jpeg

nice, I got one yesterday too. Alas, a roller only, not all the spares bits and bobs you've got.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2018 at 10:45 PM, Klausen said:

B9E67E53-E61D-4592-BBED-FE37B4C625F7.jpeg

Why isn't there a 'love' button to react with?! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2018 at 5:31 PM, trev82 said:

Trying to figure if I should go for CVA shock hopup’s

Welcome to the club. Part of the Lunchy's charm is the bounciness. It's is a pretty easy task to add the CVAs after it's been built as well.

31 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Turned up broken :-(

IMG_20181113_134806

Gutted:(..hate when that  happens

13 minutes ago, evssv69 said:

Gutted:(..hate when that  happens

China special so hopefully they will offer me a great deal or send another one.

I can see a zombie project coming up if I keep the broken one so every cloud can have a silver lining 

• Like 1

A HPI Jumpshot..... not exactly Tamiya but it's not a Traxxas so I get points there right?!

Hands up who has bought pretty hop ups before they even received the car??

Integy to the rescue, 6 days from the USA and no import fees, odd how some things fly through and others get caught.

I've already removed the ESC and replaced it with a simpler brushed one as it was missing one jumper tab so I couldn't set it properly for running mode and battery type... I'm hoping @Fabia130vRS is able to post me a spare one from a HW 1060.... nudge nudge lol.

wRfjo18.jpg

PsrB0uN.jpg

WbkG2ut.jpg

• Like 4

Got this sweet lot from the land of the best Rock n Roll :D

OaoPOk3.jpg

Thank you @Cooltoys for the fantastic parts!!

It is going to be GREAT to be able to work the cars again. I've spent the last three months working on guitars and related gear, now back to my cars, yeah.

Y'all have a fantastic Friday! :)

• Like 5

On 11/4/2018 at 8:22 AM, Juls1 said:

Glad Tamiya did a rerun of these recently, will be perfect as a street gymkhana style rig! (Or overpowered rubber tired drifter/be stupid with car).814A438C-93BC-4972-9495-4CCB203EFE34.thumb.jpeg.f77b2c45d2ac2c529d86351bd6806098.jpeg4ADAC31A-F305-4223-8BEE-A56DD8C1235B.thumb.jpeg.edce660b844fce40cae3e04a5063724a.jpeg

Would any know the max ground clearance of this using 26mm or 24mm tires/wheels?

3 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

Would any know the max ground clearance of this using 26mm or 24mm tires/wheels?

I don’t, I have not built it yet. I would expect you can still get 12-15mm or more out of it still though having had experience with the same suspension on the ff03 and TT02S 

Juls

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2018 at 12:16 PM, Nobbi1977 said:

Turned up broken :-(

IMG_20181113_134806

I was just going to say Nobbi - that looks perfect for a scale beater to me! - that sort of thing is bound to happen if you ever rolled a 1:1 one over after all ;o)

Sweet!

(Lemonade from lemons and all that...)

Jx

• Thanks 1