backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Some fancy parts from RC4WD arrived for my YJ Wranger build: 

...plus some pre-assembled seatbelts (from Hong Kong via ebay) which I'd almost given up hope on!

i-qMqdfrV-XL.jpg

Jx

• Like 6

A vintage front body post for TJF to fit to my Sand Scorcher when he gets it along with the Super Champs parts I have for it.

Nothing this week because Ukmail have stolen or disposed of my parcel, claiming I signed for it at a time I wasnt yet back from work.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, evssv69 said:

Me dumperB)

Why the advisory on the box not to use Ni-MH batteries do you know?

5 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Nothing this week because Ukmail have stolen or disposed of my parcel, claiming I signed for it at a time I wasnt yet back from work.

Happened to me once with NL (Dutch) Post - it was a US$600 phone as well - they sent me a scan of the signature and it wasn't even my name. But because it had been signed for I had no recourse, insurance wouldn't cover it and neither eBay or the seller gave a hoot. :(

2 hours ago, djmcnz said:

Happened to me once with NL (Dutch) Post - it was a US$600 phone as well - they sent me a scan of the signature and it wasn't even my name. But because it had been signed for I had no recourse, insurance wouldn't cover it and neither eBay or the seller gave a hoot. :(

It was an order from Tamico.....I really hope they are ok about it. Its a shame as I watched the tracking all the way from Germany to the UK only to see the absolute useless festering wastes of space that are UKMail screw it up in the last half a mile. I cant believe DHL who for the most part are quite good continue to tarnish their good name with UKMail who have been nothing but abysmal every time I have had the misfortune of them trying to deliver me something.

Got a new shock tower for my sons HB D413. These cars are pretty much bulletproof but he managed to hit the trampoline ladder and break it with EPA at 65%. I think this one has a few weakened parts from running a season in mod as well

7 hours ago, djmcnz said:

Why the advisory on the box not to use Ni-MH batteries do you know?

No ideal dude :huh:....tidy i got  my hr mtxl top plate 

20181120_114501

Today I've received an order from Tamico containing a prepainted King Yellow kit, a set of TXT-2 wheels and tyres and a Tamiya 2018 RC catalogue.

The King Yellow is a Christmas present for one of my boys. The TXT-2 wheels and tyres are for my runner TXT-2 as I don't have a set of the kit wheels for it. The catalogue is just because. Plus it was only 4.99 from Tamico Vs 19.99 from a local supplier.

Also received a pair of Quicrun 1060 escs and a pair of TowerPro 996 servos from Hobbyking.

And finally I received, via member @acprc, some parts from Seidel that I've been after for a while.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 9:16 PM, Nobbi1977 said:

Turned up broken :-(

IMG_20181113_134806

Gosh, did they took the radio out? :o

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Collin said:

Gosh, did they took the radio out? :o

No just the wife’s handbag off the front seat :blink:

• Haha 3

Sold my M03 last week & immediately regretted it, this unfinished/unused model should fill the void though 😊

45260544924_d47c60007d_b.jpg45260544934_0a37c421c9_b.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

A good haul today:

9-B327433-F21-F-44-F7-9914-9-A86-ACEECAC

• 58614 - MF01X Jimny
  • RC bearings rubber sealed kit for the Jimny
  • 5mm Ball connector for the Jimny
  • 51041 - R34 Xanavi NISMO GT-R
  • 51246 - R34 GT-R Z-tune

The two bodies are intended for a TB-05. I'm aiming to resist buying the TB-05 until I've done at least one of the bodies :)

Winter project in the Jimny, need to decide on the body colour - Corsa Gray or Gun Metal? More bits to come too: black uprights, dampers, snorkel, servo.

Not decided on what other hop ups to add yet, so much choice and so much $$$ (esp wheels)

• Like 6

My 2 car lot buy arrived today.

A tamiya rising storm.

Qw5aJgd.jpg

Are they suppost to be 4WD? The front seems to missing a diff. I think I'll sell this on for parts, don't need it.

And what I was really after in this lot: a Marui Shogun!

EZgqK03.jpg

It looks like it has been sitting in the corner of some paintshop, wheels are damaged and the body needs replacement.

Other then that, it is complete and the gearboxes feel OK. So a very happy addition to my Marui collection. ^_^ (And a long-term project)

• Like 2

The decals/stickers from RC4WD arrived for my Hilux.

The good: high quality and impressively fast delivery to New Zealand (not sure where they ship from but it took less than a week), very well packaged.

The bad: they were shipped flat but must not have been stored flat before shipping as you can see in the picture, should have been rejected by the picker but I can work around that.

The bonus is that I've been umming and arring about the main colour for the body but the colour of the decals has made the decision for me and it's not a direction I had initially thought I'd go. I'll have a 'reveal' for my decisions when I've finished the paint but as for the decals, they are a reproduction of some of the 'sports stripes' available as a factory option from Toyota back in the day,

RC4WD_Decals.jpg

79-80%20SR5%201%20(www.jamesdeancreation

P1000247%20(www.pirate4x4.com).jpg

• Like 5

:wub:...

20181123_092625

Unfortunately its been built :(

20181123_092641

But still very tidy for a 1984 vintage :D..it's  the  only 1 I've ever seen  for sale in the last year or so....:)

• Like 3

On 11/15/2018 at 7:46 PM, mongoose1983 said:

Got this sweet lot from the land of the best Rock n Roll :D

OaoPOk3.jpg

Thank you @Cooltoys for the fantastic parts!!

It is going to be GREAT to be able to work the cars again. I've spent the last three months working on guitars and related gear, now back to my cars, yeah.

Y'all have a fantastic Friday! :)

Your most welcome Erich!☺☺

• Like 1

My 2 Surpass V4S 17.5T motors arrived today. 1 is for my 2wd buggy, the other is a spare for whichever 4wd buggy needs a new motor first. Looking forward to trting these, by all accounts they perform as well as the brand name motirs for half the price. Have to wait until Sunday if the weather plays nice

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

My 2 Surpass V4S 17.5T motors arrived today. 1 is for my 2wd buggy, the other is a spare for whichever 4wd buggy needs a new motor first. Looking forward to trting these, by all accounts they perform as well as the brand name motirs for half the price. Have to wait until Sunday if the weather plays nice

Pics please, looked at this motor recently, (it may have been your suggestion?) and it looks nice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I have the 13.5 for stock 4wd and its a beast, check out the you tube review by Nick Adams, it has better specifications than the majority of the Big brand motors

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Pics please, looked at this motor recently, (it may have been your suggestion?) and it looks nice.

20181127_12513720181128_095139

I think they're worth a punt, even if they aren't as good as the hype, they should be good enough and half the price.  But you have to buy direct from Surpass on Alibaba, if you buy from Aliexpress or Banggood etc you'll pay about 50% more than if you buy direct.  I had great service from them, always answered enquiries within 24hours and it took about 2 weeks from my first contact to receiving them.

2 hours ago, OOZZEE said:

I have the 13.5 for stock 4wd and its a beast, check out the you tube review by Nick Adams, it has better specifications than the majority of the Big brand motors

Good to hear.  I've just watched 10min of the review but now need to head out but will finish watching it, its interesting to hear a review from someone who knows what they're talking about, and can instantly compared facts and data and stuff (I know, facts on the internet!) as he has written them down from previous testing.  Tempted to put the second one in my 4wd too just from what I've seen.

Only problem is they aren't yet ROAR approved which is fine for club days but could be a problem if I enter the nationals.  Not that I expect to do at all well but my club is hosting them so its just a 3 day club meet for me so may as well.  That is end of Feb so plenty of time for Surpass to get the approval, they are built to ROAR specs apparently so it should just be ticking the box.

• Like 1

Good haul this week, the 11-11 sale items start coming in. :)

8h7F972.jpg

A WP1060-RTR ESC for the Blazing star, A WP860 Dual motor ESC and bearings for the bullhead chassis, Some M4 flanged nuts and ball ends for general use, and a 6800mAh NiMh battery that will only charge to 2500mAh (Oh you crazy chinese marketing people.... :lol:)

Not listed, 3 MG996R Servos for the bullhead/blazing star, and a metal steering rack for the Blazing star.

Only thing needed to get started.... free time! <_<