5 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

A car arrived, bought for one of my mates, ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

(Got past security ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‰)

Cheers @Nobbi1977

ย 

2018-12-04_12-51-41

ย 

Glad it got there safe. Pinion is under the tape on the side.ย 

Let me know if your โ€œmateโ€ wants the speed gear set to make it hit warp speed.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Let๏ปฟ me know if your โ€œmateโ€ wants the speed gear set to make it hit ๏ปฟwarp speed๏ปฟ.

Warp speed is a good speed ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜€

I'm sure he'll want the speed gear set ๐Ÿ‘

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Picked one of these up just because the suspension setup is somewhat realistic with inboard rocker arms and dampers.ย  It's like a F201 but 2WD instead of 4WD.ย  The kit is complete with a body and wheels/tires.ย  I wish they would have left the body untrimmed; it looks as if someone took a Sawzall to it by my standards!

IMG_3402.JPG

That looks like a very interesting design. There is a lot to it though - certainly a lot more complex than most F1 chassis, which suggests that it is probably heavier too. I wonder if the advantages of the more complex suspension and drivetrain are enough to offset the weight? I'd be very interested to read your impressions of it when it is built and running.

• Like 1

So this has arrived since last time in postedย 

Some parts for my Rising Storm

IMG_20181204_195633_zpsd0iswana.jpg

And the final piece to my sand rail

IMG_20181204_195604_zps1gi8slzh.jpg

And I did get someone to build my tamiya A-10 warthogย 

IMG_20181125_231800_zpsxku29xkj.jpg

ย 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, evssv69 said:

20181205_102901

ย 

And these ย bad boysย :P

20181205_10390620181205_103917

ย 

Talking of post. Has anyone ordered a kit from abroad (I'm thinking of ordering from RCJAZ in Hong Kong). Do you have to pay tax and duty when it arrives in the UK? I guess you do but I wanted to see if there was any advice / experience of this. Thanks.ย 

4 hours ago, Max Roczen said:

Talking of post. Has anyone ordered a kit from abroad (I'm thinking of ordering from RCJAZ in Hong Kong). Do you have to pay tax and duty when it arrives in the UK? I guess you do but I wanted to see if there was any advice / experience of this. Thanks.ย 

VAT + any duty + ransom fee of around ยฃ15 from the Post Office or Parcel Farce.

They are pretty hot these days on stuff coming in - reckon they have access to incoming shipping info and pick things up from the barcodes.

Consider buying from a UK seller as after you have been clobbered for import duties, etc,,, any saving is virtually wiped out.

Important to use UK model shops or one day in the not too distant future there won't be any.ย 

• Like 2

A set of wide inserts and wide super slicks tyres from @ejtnt๐Ÿ˜€

Plus help in shipping from Germany

Some nice people on here๐Ÿ‘

Thanks EJ

Sven

@Tamiyabigstuffย thanks, Iโ€™ll expect to pay the fees if oredering from abroad. Agree itโ€™s a real shame about uk hobby shops. The model Iโ€™m considering is a hard to find trfย model.

38 minutes ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

VAT + any duty + ransom fee of around ยฃ15 from the Post Office or Parcel Farce.

They are pretty hot these days on stuff coming in - reckon they have access to incoming shipping info and pick things up from the barcodes.

Consider buying from a UK seller as after you have been clobbered for import duties, etc,,, any saving is virtually wiped out.

Important to use UK model shops or one day in the not too distant future there won't be any.ย 

Ive ordered quite a few hundred pounds worth of bits from RCmart and ebay (ie Pargu in korea)ย to the uk in multiple orders over the last two years and never had to pay anything extra.

I then ordered a couple of body line marking pens from japan via amazon market place which came to just under a fiver inc postage i think it was and got charged import duty andย Royal Mail's extortionย fee of ยฃ15 which you have no choice but to pay if you want your item released. Its a disgrace but my experience is its completely random what gets through and what doesnt.

On the whole its been worth it due to the cost saving and general availability being better from the hong kong based sellers especially.

• Like 1

I find stuff from usa=99% gets caught/taxed....:(...but stuff from far east.....more likely to get though......:D.........obv depends on price/size sum times....

Anything recorded delivery or with a named delivery company gets hit because they declare it get their fee. The cheap non recorded packet seem to slip through.ย 

First time ordering on Shapeways, the extra 15% discount on Thanksgiving finally gave me the push I needed to order a few M38 parts ๐Ÿ˜

44388186820_a863f165ef_b.jpg

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, max69vk said:

First time ordering on Shapeways, the extra 15% discount on Thanksgiving finally gave me the push I needed to order a few M38 parts ๐Ÿ˜

44388186820_a863f165ef_b.jpg

ย 

ย 

niiiice...

You got the metal hinges.ย  I got a plastic window hinges, thinking printing in metal can't be good.ย  But theyย lookย good.ย  I might have to re-order.ย  A shovel and an axe is a nice touch too!ย ย 

ย 

On 12/2/2018 at 1:48 PM, a.w.k. said:

When was the last time you have seen a Varicom / Playtron BIG GRIZZLY NIB?

IMG_20181201_182630.thumb.jpg.3288f0aab17f93d5a5418d6b1aaad7b0.jpg

Now that is AWESOME. Love it!!!!

Kept going back and forth on this one, but I figured I might as well get it. You never know when they just disappear lol.

gu8seeS.jpg

• Like 2

Today some more parts for my Rising Storm project arrived.ย 

IMG_20181207_144245_zpsdxqlbdns.jpg

ย 

• Like 2

Black is the new Black

IMG-1054.jpg

I'm concerned I'm now at the stage where I like them more NIB than I do open :wacko:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

A barely used Konghead. ^_^

qAIdWiq.jpg

TdY1K76.jpg

ย 

It even included a driver figure!

pQsLIlR.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1