backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

10 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Couldn't agree more 😁

I caught myself also buying and daydreaming about stuff I didnt have time for. But the amusement for the wait is also a kick. :) Just like looking at something NIP or NIB.  

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 6:58 AM, Ray_ve said:

It even included a driver figure!

pQsLIlR.jpg

Being a Stormtrooper, the question would be... can he drive straight?  Or is he always going to miss the road?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Juggular said:

Being a Stormtrooper, the question would be... can he drive straight?  Or is he always going to miss the road?  

Given my driving skills, I don't need the trooper to mess up my car. <_<

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, evssv69 said:

20181210_120634

And me front discs and padsB)

20181210_144200

And head bearings

Looks like some fun to be had there.

• Like 1

Today I received a Tamiya "M Body" for my F103. This is heavily based on their McLaren MP4/13 shell, but with a few small changes so as not to fall foul of licensing issues.

Because it no longer represents any particular fullsize F1 car, I feel no duty to paint it in McLaren livery, so I am now considering my paint and decal options. I can do a pretty good job of decalling but am no master masker, so I'm thinking a simple paintjob with as few colours as possible and a nice set of decals. Maybe Leyton House blue? Lighthouse Sauber black? Camel Lotus yellow?

• Like 3

On 12/8/2018 at 10:19 PM, a.w.k. said:

This is an awesome model, the scale is fantastic.

I had two of these and they look good when built. 

another traxxas Stampede (thats 2nd with a Rustler VXl I will switch VXL kit from and won another today as well......) 

more importantly Vanquish decals

&

new shelf mounts for the Tamiya display cases.

9 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Today I received a Tamiya "M Body" for my F103. This is heavily based on their McLaren MP4/13 shell, but with a few small changes so as not to fall foul of licensing issues.

Because it no longer represents any particular fullsize F1 car, I feel no duty to paint it in McLaren livery, so I am now considering my paint and decal options. I can do a pretty good job of decalling but am no master masker, so I'm thinking a simple paintjob with as few colours as possible and a nice set of decals. Maybe Leyton House blue? Lighthouse Sauber black? Camel Lotus yellow?

I’ll vote for Leyton House every day. I believe there are decals for it too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Decal-Sheet-1-10-F1-Leyton-House-1990-brp1340-/292748131935?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

• Like 1

Parts for my new lunch box livery,

and since I will stay with a 9T brushless in it, I got a bigger wheelie bar, and a 18T pinion.

also new shock mounts arrived to I can fit  oil dampers in the back.

f4fsyd.jpg

• Like 1

Omg..i got me a moggie:P...mog 1985/t.shot 88...Both still shrunk wrapped...B)..

20181211_10333320181211_10332620181211_103350

Still got 7-8 to come :D....i got both these...from usa delivered...for less then the cost of what every other  moggie I've seen sale for......;)

• Like 3

The first non Tamiya I’ve ever bought. Spotted this on eBay and thought it looked like a great idea. It’s been added to the pile :lol:

CD997BCF-FF7A-4622-88BD-9339497B375F.jpeg

C213B80A-2924-4984-B3F4-165497C3E1FF.jpeg

8D998E05-7245-4BA4-9671-8240B54FBE3E.jpeg

• Like 4

Can't decide between building this and the 3-Speed Highlift I have had hanging around for ages ;) 

Top Force Kit.jpg

• Like 5

6i5nA5j.jpg

Very happy to have this land on my desk today! Lots of work needed but I'm super happy I found a box in good condition, even if the toy inside is a bit 'well loved' It's going to be fun to track down some front wheels and tires! 

W5GfnY8.jpg?1

Hopefully get some time to get to know it before the new year and decide if its going to be super period (MSC, acoms servos and 27mhz) or I give it a gentle brushless system. 

• Like 2

45593356804_4d4780e145_b.jpg

A bit of protection for my TRX4 before I run it

Not it that I can run it yet, it has some sort of odd plug on the ESC and I am waiting for adapters to be posted. I hate it when foreign sellers claim to be in the UK

• Like 1

The hop-up driveshafts for the Blazing Star, from our ebay friend Tony. ^_^

HaAOfdw.jpg

Alll I need now is a servo saver (ordered), and the plastic gear set (ordered too).

• Like 1

My new Alloy servo saver arrived which is a TC recommendation for our Lunchbox, thank you Kev.

Just waiting on the servos from Hobby King and then it can go back together 👍

image.jpg