backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

1 hour ago, Blista said:

Thanks for the heads up but, unfortunately, living on the other side of the world means shipping kills the value of most Tamico sales.  The one here went for about the equivalent of €220.  An absolute steal.

Thanks for letting me know but getting it here would cost too much.  Oh well, time to save up and get one sometime in the future.

Sorry, I forget and assume everyone is in the UK! Bet it's nicer where you are....

I'm wrestling with this one. I've been gifted some money to spend which would offset most of the cost of this but I've two unbuilt CR01s, a TB-05Pro and a recent TT02 Porsche. A TXT-2 might be the straw that breaks Mrs BC's back - even if it only costs me less than £100.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juls1 said:

4693738C-2F79-4293-B536-0868F22464FC.thumb.jpeg.5a2a45b56d22ff7e3214a543f6ec1c31.jpeg

someone else probably posted one of these already.  Sorry I probably got the last one from rcmart :unsure:

I'd muxh perfer a 1/10th one to my 1/32 one:D

20181219_111531

• Like 2

4 hours ago, evssv69 said:

I'd muxh perfer a 1/10th one to my 1/32 one:D

20181219_111531

But these little things are awfully cute too.  Avante Jr. is out. 

vVw8imd.jpg

• Like 2

It was not supposed to arrive until 2019, but I am not about to complain:

2epr5hj.jpg

I look to begin the build later today ^_^

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Grastens said:

It was not supposed to arrive until 2019, but I am not about to complain:

2epr5hj.jpg

I look to begin the build later today ^_^

Build thread! Build thread!! :D

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Build thread! Build thread!! :D

surly this goes without saying....:lol:....;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Sorry, I forget and assume everyone is in the UK! Bet it's nicer where you are....

I'm wrestling with this one. I've been gifted some money to spend which would offset most of the cost of this but I've two unbuilt CR01s, a TB-05Pro and a recent TT02 Porsche. A TXT-2 might be the straw that breaks Mrs BC's back - even if it only costs me less than £100.

I wouldn't take that bet at the moment.  We're well into summer down here but I think we've yet to have 3 days of good weather in a row.  I'll regret complaining next month when it's bone dry and too hot of course.

I'm not sure I could handle having a pair of CR01s sitting unbuilt.  Even so, I say go for the TXT2.  Learn from my mistake: it's been a couple of days but I'm still thinking about how I should've bid on it.

5 hours ago, Grastens said:

It sure does! Build thread is pending moderation ;)

Just out of curiosity, do you need a moderator to post at the Build thread?  

17 hours ago, Blista said:

Just a receiver today, but it was almost a receiver and a TXT-2 Agrios.  It absolutely murdered me to pass on the Agrios.  It sold at auction for about two thirds the usual full price with only a bit of damage to the box.  At least the receiver was under half price.

SPN3gwa.jpg

Is that from the hobby shop fire?  I stopped looking after missing out on the Futaba 6K, it never occurred to me that some receivers may go cheap.  I'm gutted I didn't keep going on that 6K now, I ordered a Flysky FS-i6 which cost 30% less and that includes 3 rx, but I just have a thing for Futaba. 

***turns around to look at inside car collection to see if I need any more rx...sees Flysky GT2e sitting not being used...

18 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Is that from the hobby shop fire?  I stopped looking after missing out on the Futaba 6K, it never occurred to me that some receivers may go cheap.  I'm gutted I didn't keep going on that 6K now, I ordered a Flysky FS-i6 which cost 30% less and that includes 3 rx, but I just have a thing for Futaba. 

***turns around to look at inside car collection to see if I need any more rx...sees Flysky GT2e sitting not being used...

Yeah, I was actually surprised I got it cheap.  A lot of their auctions have been going at near retail pricing.  Last night a Konghead with a trashed box went for $5 less than I've seen it sell for in shops.  I've been keeping an eye out for receivers, batteries and servos but there hasn't been much.

If you need cheap but want Futaba, they've started selling a 2PSK but I've only seen it briefly for sale at rcmart.  Fairly cheap with a 2 channel receiver and a pair of S3003 servos.  I'm determined to keep everything Futaba so I won't need multiple controllers (but the 4PV does look nicer than my current 3PV).

Been a little while since I’ve bought anything for an SRB, but these wheel covers were a steal. They’ll need a bit a bit of finishing but will look great once properly painted & fitted.

32537833108_04afaf4401_b.jpg44592919680_e46ea403d9_b.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/20/2018 at 8:18 PM, Grastens said:

It sure does! Build thread is pending moderation ;)

Hope it is approved soon - we're looking forward to seeing your progress!

20 hours ago, Juggular said:

Just out of curiosity, do you need a moderator to post at the Build thread?  

Anyone can post in an existing build thread, but the first post in a new build thread needs to be approved by a moderator before it becomes visible to other members.

• Thanks 1

Some nice goodies this week. I keep a log of every body I buy and sell and the JACCS Accord is the 200th I've bought since 2012. I've sold 22, so that leaves me with (only) 180... :o:D 

The other bagged one is the re-re Castrol Celica. The black wheels are R91CP.

goodies-21st-dec-2018.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, max69vk said:

Been a little while since I’ve bought anything for an SRB, but these wheel covers were a steal. They’ll need a bit a bit of finishing but will look great once properly painted & fitted.

32537833108_04afaf4401_b.jpg44592919680_e46ea403d9_b.jpg

Yeah I seen these (on Ebay I think🤔) and they do look pretty good and if it was them on Ebay you got a really good deal👍

After weeks and weeks of nonstop work (and still going) I decided to treat myself to an early xmas present to build when my time off arrived at the end of January🤗, I was going to go for the astute but decided on the topcat+pro transmission and brushless combo to complement my XLS and I like the schumacher build challenge!

20181222_135204.jpg

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, moffman said:

After weeks and weeks of nonstop work (and still going) I decided to treat myself to an early xmas present to build when my time off arrived at the end of January🤗, I was going to go for the astute but decided on the topcat+pro transmission and brushless combo to complement my XLS and I like the schumacher build challenge!

20181222_135204.jpg

Amy chance of a build thread? Much like yourself I can't decide between this or the Super Astute (and yes the correct answer is both 😁) but after the challenge that was the XLS I'm also leaning towards the Top Cat just for the more involved build, especially the lay down front with the crash back system.. 

• Like 1

Yeah I certainly do a build thread but it's not going to be built until the end of January so the probability is somebody may well do one beforehand but if not I will, i thought of both but as fantastic the astute is the top cat with the upgrade transmission just won me over!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

Some nice goodies this week. I keep a log of every body I buy and sell and the JACCS Accord is the 200th I've bought since 2012. I've sold 22, so that leaves me with (only) 180... :o:D 

The other bagged one is the re-re Castrol Celica. The black wheels are R91CP.

goodies-21st-dec-2018.jpg

:o I sooo want that Mondeo Body Set!!

Today another part of my nephew's Christmas present arrived in the form of a servo travel adjuster from Model Radio Workshop.

A tiny little thing about the size of an Irace transponder, it sits between the receiver and steering servo, allowing electronic adjustment of direction, neutral and endpoints.

His radio is a simple affair with no D/R or EPA, but it fits his hands and he is used to it. This should allow us to tame the steering on his M-03 without him having to get used to a new transmitter.

• Like 1