backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

6 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah I seen these (on Ebay I think🤔) and they do look pretty good and if it was them on Ebay you got a really good deal👍

Yep, they were the ones from Ebay & they were even better value with the 10% discount code! 😁

• Like 1

Wasn't really looking, but one of these popped up on Facebook, rude not to....🙄

2018-12-22_10-56-12

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Wasn't really looking, but one of these popped up on Facebook, rude not to....🙄

2018-12-22_10-56-12

I've seen a few pop up recently over here on FB as well but so far have managed to resist...although my spare went in my sons race car so I really should get another spare...

The vendor contacted me saying that they don't have the shell they sold to me.  So I canceled that order.  

After some thinking, I got a Trackstar 13.5t instead. 

Looks like some soldering is in order.  I'm not used to soldering a brushless. 

What color goes where?  Blue is A, Yellow is B, and Orange is C?  

GppuUhb.jpg

pSTOn0H.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Juggular said:

The vendor contacted me saying that they don't have the shell they sold to me.  So I canceled that order.  

After some thinking, I got a Trackstar 13.5t instead. 

Looks like some soldering is in order.  I'm not used to soldering a brushless. 

What color goes where?  Blue is A, Yellow is B, and Orange is C?  

GppuUhb.jpg

pSTOn0H.jpg

I hve also the 13,5T trackstar motor but the V2. In my F103,

cant see any box, your forgot to buy a F104W :) ??

well as for brushless it should be 

s-l300.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I've seen a few pop up recently over here on FB as well but so far have managed to resist...although my spare went in my sons race car so I really should get another spare...

I spoke to one of the guys at the club, told him I'd got one, (and it came up saying the seller was a friend of his, so a bit of reassurance too 🙄), and he was saying people had had issues with 'brown out', found this online :- 

Who’s heard of a “Brown Out?”

Our Savox Expert Joel is answering some FAQ’s and here’s what he has to say about the term.

A Brown out is basically a false power loss.

●●

When the capacity of the effected system is unable to keep up with current demands, the system fails to its default or safety. Once the system fails it can recover instantly as voltage is regained once the load is paused. This momentary lapse or pause in current is known as a “Brown Out”.

* A Glitch Buster, can help fix the problem.

●●

So I don't know if esc and rx systems are having bother coping with the modern higher power demands of the servos, and cutting out?

• Like 2

I have the same problem wirh my savox, but they are known for this kind of issue, I just use a capacitor if the esc does not have 1.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I have the same problem wirh my savox, but they are known for this kind of issue, I just use a capacitor if the esc does not have 1.

I have caps already on the LRP Flow esc, but with the servo taking its power via the rx, and looking at the suggested , glitch buster, you just plug it into ch3 on the rx? (I'm using the Batt port for a transponder)

They look easy enough to make tbh. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

I have caps already on the LRP Flow esc, but with the servo taking its power via the rx, and looking at the suggested , glitch buster, you just plug it into ch3 on the rx? (I'm using the Batt port for a transponder)

They look easy enough to make tbh. 

yes, to be honest, I only have 1 savox 1251 servo, I moved it from my Xray T1 to M03, to DF02 and now it is in my M05. neither one has a capacitor on the esc.

WhenI bought the 1251 it was from RCmart, a bundle including servo horn and capacitor (glitch buster) with 3600 capacity.

before I bought a Savox, we made the glitch busters in our garage. You need a pair of wires,a futaba plug and capacitors (I can not remember exactly) up to 16V, we used 10V and capacity of 1200-2700-3600-4700 we have used, they seem to make any servo under load move faster.

I was following this turtorial.

https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-your-own-recever-glitch-buster-for-1/

totally not worth it buying aftermarket capacitors, if you have tools to make them, as I bought 23 capacitors for less then 5 $

p.s. I plug it into the battery slot on the TX as channel 3 is mostly used for lights or others... but it shouldnot matter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

You need a pair of wires,a futaba plug and capacitors (I can not remember exactly) up to 16V, we used 10V and capacity of 1200-2700-3600-4700 we have used, they seem to make any servo under load move faster.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try first and see if it causes any glitches, with it going into a 2wd and if I set the end points, so it's not labouring on full steering, I don't see it pulling major amps anyway.

• Like 1

Yesterday was the first meeting of the RC club I started at the elementary school.  We had 9 people sign up (not counting my son).  As a group, we built the M05 kits through to Bag B.  That took about 3 hours.  Everyone is building vanilla stock kits with either the MX5, MX2 or NSU TT bodies.  I'm building a vII R kit at home and I got a Honda S800 body for it off eBay.  What happened to all the Mini bodies?  :O  Mini bodies are what I think of when I think M class cars.  Anyway, this is how far I've gotten with my chassis.  I'm using a GT tuned motor and Savox SC-1252 MG servo.

Edit:  Darn, wrong thread.  Derp!  Sorry admins...

12.23.2018-11.02.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Effigy3 said:

What happened to all the Mini bodies?  :O  Mini bodies are what I think of when I think M class cars. 

Didnt T lose the Mini licence? No more BMW MINI nor Rover Mini after that :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

yes, to be honest, I only have 1 savox 1251 servo, I moved it from my Xray T1 to M03, to DF02 and now it is in my M05. neither one has a capacitor on the esc.

WhenI bought the 1251 it was from RCmart, a bundle including servo horn and capacitor (glitch buster) with 3600 capacity.

before I bought a Savox, we made the glitch busters in our garage. You need a pair of wires,a futaba plug and capacitors (I can not remember exactly) up to 16V, we used 10V and capacity of 1200-2700-3600-4700 we have used, they seem to make any servo under load move faster.

I was following this turtorial.

https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-your-own-recever-glitch-buster-for-1/

totally not worth it buying aftermarket capacitors, if you have tools to make them, as I bought 23 capacitors for less then 5 $

p.s. I plug it into the battery slot on the TX as channel 3 is mostly used for lights or others... but it shouldnot matter

I bought a dozen capacitors and I've built one. 

Sadly, for my Savox, it stayed glitchy... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Juggular said:

what model of savox and what capacitordid you use, mine 1251 works normal with  4700

• Like 1

A couple of days ago, I mentioned I was sent some stuff by another fellow member,

Fujio sent me this..

kjLz3S5.jpg

Its mint condition TB01 with nearly every optional Tamiya part, 1x factory painted Enzo, 1x factory painted black Enzo, a spare chassis - complete, ball diff, one way, lots of spare body mounts, spare set of Enzo wheels with tyres, alloy steering knuckles, alloy gearbox mount, TG10 stabilizer set, steel prop shaft, complete CVA shocks. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

what model of savox and what capacitordid you use, mine 1251 works normal with  4700

Savox SC-0251MG.  The capacitors are 16v 2200uf.  

I have another set, 10v 5600uf.  I didn't try that yet. 

Do you think larger uf would make the difference?  

17 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Savox SC-0251MG.  The capacitors are 16v 2200uf.  

I have another set, 10v 5600uf.  I didn't try that yet. 

Do you think larger uf would make the difference?  

well my savox was deliverd with a  10V 4700uf.

definately would make sense if it works

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A set of 4 links turned up from China so I I have enough parts now to build a DIY SCX10, I think.

Just need to convince the family that holiday time is hobby time 

• Like 1

Look what I found in my advent calendar this morning:

2018-12-24_06-46-50

A hint of things to come? :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

i1leuv.jpgJust on time before christmas, spare Pit Shimizu tires from banzaihobby for only 2,50$ a pair, shipping was 2$ so 7$ in total for 4 tires and postage.

the package is quite yellow of the PS 0425

• Like 2

On 24 December 2018 at 4:18 AM, Juggular said:

I have one that is doing the same , Savox and is very Glitchy :( .. Brand new . But had it in box for a year b4 i used it . 

• Sad 1

A slightly used Marui Ninja chassis and gearbox plastics, dampers and wheels.

Very happy with this, my Ninja's rear gearbox has bad plastics. Drivable, but an eyesore. :)

ekSmhgk.jpg