backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

This edition of the "postman brought Grastens" sees a set of Lancia 037 wheels, courtesy of Tony's Tamiya Parts:

347ij9l.jpg

They were going to be paired with a set of touring car tires for an upcoming Lancia 037 build, but recent developments has me recalling them for my original Lancia Rally instead:

33nbur6.jpg

And the result is quite promising, indeed:

1192m2g.jpg

More to come next week, I think!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Grastens said:

This edition of the "postman brought Grastens" sees a set of Lancia 037 wheels, courtesy of Tony's Tamiya Parts:

347ij9l.jpg

They were going to be paired with a set of touring car tires for an upcoming Lancia 037 build, but recent developments has me recalling them for my original Lancia Rally instead:

33nbur6.jpg

And the result is quite promising, indeed:

1192m2g.jpg

More to come next week, I think!

You certainly love your 037's😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, svenb said:

You certainly love your 037's😉

And I am hoping that a successful conversion can bring more attention to the original :D I started with those 1:64 Hot Wheels cars, moving onto 1:32 slot cars, 1:24 static models, and 1:10 RC cars... and really wishing the trend will continue so I can start playing with a 1:1 037!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Grastens said:

And I am hoping that a successful conversion can bring more attention to the original :D I started with those 1:64 Hot Wheels cars, moving onto 1:32 slot cars, 1:24 static models, and 1:10 RC cars... and really wishing the trend will continue so I can start playing with a 1:1 037!

Well, here's hoping🤞

My car passion is Ford's especially Capri's. Their not quite as expensive as 037's so I have one, had it for 26 years! Plus 5 different liveried Tamiya Zakspeed Capri's 😉

• Like 1

Got my VW Beetle Rally and also my Cow RC Magnetic work mat and Udder Butter (waterproof grease in a big ole syringe) came along with my black Lunchbox body

49467891_2216570581945662_1875862932584136704_n.jpg

• Like 8

On 1/4/2019 at 4:10 AM, Jason1145 said:

Huh,typical I'm trying to follow a Blackfoot, that thing just looks so cool... even if the tyres look too large on the Box Art I think it looks better..... are they actually that scale to the truck???

Yeah I think the artist got a bit to much paint on his brush when it came to the wheels on the box, and then run out when it came to painting the front suspension arms and uprights on the passenger side.  I reckon wheels are slightly smaller in comparison to box art  in reality which is much more proportionally right to the eye. ;)

• Like 2

Various bits from different parts of the world!

mE9vJho.jpg

• Like 8

Was so excited when this came in, please forgive the blurry pic, and then forgot to upload, but here IT is:

IMG_20181129_184407.thumb.jpg.77340bc83454a6bab657a90d783ebbac.jpg

• Like 12

Lunchbox delivery today, not owned one before. My nephew got his first rc for christmas, a blackfoot, so i needed to fulfil my uncle duties and buy something to race him round the garden with. Got a few upgrades on the way and it will get a few mods.

20190107_142658.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Surprisingly, an ESC that got lost in transit about four weeks ago. Looks like someone stepped on it, too. 

IMG-20190107-WA0003.jpg

• Like 2

A range of new & vintage bits in the post today, made sure they were all delivered to my work address so SWMBO didn’t see - Especially as it’s our anninversary! 😂

39686107263_61217a01db_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, speedy_w_beans said:

@Jason1145 was right; it showed up today...

IMG_3564.JPG  :D

I challenge you to make this chassis bone stock 🦴 apart from oil dampers and full ball bearings 😜 .... you might find the shell will suck all your creative energy out of the chassis.

5 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

I challenge you to make this chassis bone stock 🦴 apart from oil dampers and full ball bearings 😜 .... you might find the shell will suck all your creative energy out of the chassis.

I can guarantee Yeah Racing will see much less of my business in the future.

• Haha 1

Some goodies from Hobbyking and rcmart.

2x Turnigy Trackstar D303 servos

5x 180mAh 3s 25C lipo’s for my scte 1:24

1x aluminium tape

1xsoldering station 48w

1x pair od Tamiya Soft F1 slicks 

deloj5.jpg

• Like 2

A Tamiya Mercedes Benz 300 SLR Limited Edition #492 of 722 (722 is a significant number as it represents 7:22am, when Stirling Moss started the thousand mile race in the 300 SLR - so I’m told)

I first saw this model around 5+ years ago and instantly fell in love with it - purely for its presentation and detail. 

As years went by I never came across any for sale, so when I saw this a couple of weeks back on eBay in Germany I decided to make an offer which we could not agree on so I left it....

A few days later eBay decided to be kind to me and had their 15% discount on any item so I could not resist!

This one will be kept new in box, mainly in memory of my grandfather who unfortunately went before my time and after finding out he had a career in Tata Mercedes-Benz i thought this would tick the box :good: 

l6rDW6d.jpg

Zl4RRw8.jpg

7SWQeyj.jpg

vzc8tFy.jpg

s73hL0A.jpg

7JnbKsV.jpg

KBRdRyT.jpg

u4ZeDhe.jpg

nUB6aLZ.jpg

oAk34DS.jpg

9z4xKTV.jpg

nUGTW8o.jpg

DABn6Bd.jpg

TkmFudv.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Nice find! Those 300SLRs are phenomenally rare.

The haul today brought more common things for me - except those HPI wheels in the corner :P

vr8nzk.jpg

Parts will be used for my current Lancia Rally (adapters, tires) and Ferrari 312T3 (driver figure, wing stays) projects.

• Like 3

These gyros were on discount from Hobbyking so I thought I would give one whirl on my M04 BMW 2002.

And some stealth mounts as I haven’t got on with the ones I have on the BMW.

6BD2D02C-5C21-4068-81C7-F38D5523F3CC.jpg

9 hours ago, 53HRA said:

A Tamiya Mercedes Benz 300 SLR

Even someone not into Mercedes ought to be in awe of this car... Fastest road racing car of its time, as well as being the major factor in the worst auto racing accident in history, leaving 84 dead and almost 200 injured, keeping Mercedes out of competition for over 30 years, causing the so-called Corporate Racing Ban that nearly killed off several US car makers and ultimately gave rise to the legend of John DeLorean and the Pontiac GTO. Call it one of the most influential car designs of all times, if you will. 

And don't forget that the civilian 300 SL was the car that made Chevrolet offer Fuel Injection on Corvettes (and Fullsizes) 1957-up, some 30 years ahead of time, just to show that it could be done, and to prove that mighty Chevrolet would take on anyone, anywhere, anytime - an idea that grew from there and ended up shaping much of the worldwide economic realities of the rest of the 20th century, resulting more or less directly in US involvement in the middle east and the current political landscape of the world. 

That car right there, that's a pivotal moment in the history of mankind, and all they meant to do was go racing.

• Like 1

Got a gift certificate to RPP Hobby from my dad for my birthday. Spent it on this lot. No Tamiya parts, but a whole lot of awesome nonetheless... expect a build/review of the Carisma kit before too long.

20190109_172523.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nothing delivered other than my Aluminum servo mount for the Beetle, but i did get this email :
yeah1.thumb.jpg.07a0d7239a1ffec123a546775068114a.jpg

Now we wait...lol

• Like 1