backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Got these today. These stickers gives me a big smile on my face, they really brings me back to my first Egress. 

IMG_20190111_125936_zpstqseld37.jpg

Also got the titanium ball joints for my TF black special

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, bjorklo said:

Got these today. These stickers gives me a big smile on my face, they really brings me back to my first Egress. 

IMG_20190111_125936_zpstqseld37.jpg

Also got the titanium ball joints for my TF black special

Part number for the sticker pack please

8 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

Looks like 66452. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

What is the difference ?

Looks like a very expensive thread tapping tool to me.

Tamiya USA website even calls it a thread forming tap. 

Thread forming tap has no relief so it does not remove any material, basically makes the thread the same as a machine screw forced in will. 

A regular tap has a relief which physically removes material making it useless in plastics. If you get a regular tap with relief for $3-4 on eBay and use it on tamiya plastic parts your parts will be bin jobs, screw a screw into the new thread it’ll just tear what little bit of material that’s left out as soon as you apply load. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sammo said:

Looks like 66452. 

Yeah, that what I also can see. 

21 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

Tyres arrived today.  Next step might be to find some cheap beadlocks that suit the Bronco body.  I might even buy a chassis at some point this year.

6KbLC78.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 MG996R servos.

2 For the bullhead steering, 2 for future use. :)

Just a few bits today, original Hornet chassis & bashed to badword body. Some Bullhead parts & some black edition lunchbox wheels + tyres.

39778859373_85552f573a_b.jpg

• Like 2

Not Tamiya so don’t shoot me!

39786897353_a85cda8832_z.jpg

Fancied a ‘proper’ buggy and with the TRF’s being pretty much impossible to get in the UK and several years old the Cougar kept catching my eye so I decided to give it a shot.

Initial impressions. 

Manual not to the standard of detail that Tamiya produce but more than detailed enough. 

No sprues. Everything already done. Even body. I like that! 

Also like the fact each step in the manual has a corresponding bag in the box. Lots of bags but no looking for the right bits. It’s all in its own bag. 

Wont be building just yet. Need electrics. 

Order put in for some parts for the kids DT03 and some bits to crack on with the Top Force for them also so hopefully that redress’s the balance!

• Like 9

A couple of weeks ago I was showing my RC10 Team Car to one of my boys when it struck me that the tyres didn't look quite right.

I've outfitted the RC10 with 2.2" wheels all round and on recommendation I'd fitted a pair of Schumacher Cut Staggers (low profile) to the front and a pair of Schumacher Blocks to the rear (2.0" tyres stretched on to the 2.2" wheels).

To my eyes the low profile cut staggers on the front don't look right - too much wheel and not enough tyre. The rears aren't much better, the stretch of the tyre pushes the blocks towards the centre of the wheel, leaving none near the edge.

So I decided to replace them and have just had the replacements turn up. A pair of Proline 4-Rib for the front and a pair of Proline Bowtie for the back. They should fit the tyres better and look more "original".

Now all I need to do is get the existing tyres off of the wheels (was a nightmare getting them on) and then get the supplied foams to sit nicely in the new tyres.

• Like 1

More dampers, these are a bit special though not just because what they are, but also as they cost me less than my lunch! I need to find some shafts for these so if anyone knows the correct part numbers please let me know 👍🏼

46704222082_1443ff2734_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Not Tamiya so don’t shoot me!

39786897353_a85cda8832_z.jpg

Fancied a ‘proper’ buggy and with the TRF’s being pretty much impossible to get in the UK and several years old the Cougar kept catching my eye so I decided to give it a shot.

Initial impressions. 

Manual not to the standard of detail that Tamiya produce but more than detailed enough. 

No sprues. Everything already done. Even body. I like that! 

Also like the fact each step in the manual has a corresponding bag in the box. Lots of bags but no looking for the right bits. It’s all in its own bag. 

Wont be building just yet. Need electrics. 

Order put in for some parts for the kids DT03 and some bits to crack on with the Top Force for them also so hopefully that redress’s the balance!

Definitely won't shoot ya for buying that little beauty nothing wrong with buying a schumacher kit I have probably more of them than I do tamiya the quality of the finished buggy is first class l have a losi rock rey aswell which is my ultimate bashing truck its awesome! Nothing wrong with different manufacturers👍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, moffman said:

Definitely won't shoot ya for buying that little beauty nothing wrong with buying a schumacher kit I have probably more of them than I do tamiya the quality of the finished buggy is first class l have a losi rock rey aswell which is my ultimate bashing truck its awesome! Nothing wrong with different manufacturers👍

Yep heard plenty of good stuff about this one. 

Impressed with the parts so far having dug around the box/bags. Looking forward to getting it running. The shear amount of adjustability is someone daunting mind!

Upgrade parts seem very reasonable price wise too...slippy slope stuff!

• Like 1

Got some parts for various cars today. 

IMG_20190116_163053_zps4yavdf9o.jpg

Very happy that I managed to find yet another set with white parts for the Terra Conqueror or Top-Force , that I can dye in what ever color I want :)

• Like 2

1 x Set of Tamiya 54284 2.2" soft wide grooved tyres. This pretty much finishes the rebuild of the Grasshopper 2 chassis which has been sitting quietly waiting for its moment in various attics, boxes and garages for the last 25 years or so. The only thing I am still waiting for is the replacement motor. I bought a cheap Austar 21T brushed modified back when I thought I would be rebuilding a Marui Hunter or a Kyosho Raider. Now I have finally changed the brief to the GH2, the 21T unit – although mild in the grand scheme of things – will be too hot for the chassis, especially since it now has fat Pro-Line 2.2" multi-purpose tyres with foam inserts on the rear, meaning the fixed-ratio gearbox set-up will now be way overgeared. 27 turns should be plenty for our purposes, so once it gets here the only remaining job will be to set up the radio and the ESC, a job I'm not really looking forward to.

23 hours ago, max69vk said:

More dampers, these are a bit special though not just because what they are, but also as they cost me less than my lunch! I need to find some shafts for these so if anyone knows the correct part numbers please let me know 👍🏼

46704222082_1443ff2734_b.jpg

• Thanks 1

It looks like my local online distributor finally got some 037s, and I got one of them:

nd1kyp.jpg

I placed this order a long time ago, fully expecting it to show up in March or something like that. While they could have taken a lot longer, I am pleased to have it here.

This one lacks the Canadian importer sticker (Borgfeldt Canada Ltd.), which is curious to me. I suppose it was a special order...

• Like 2