backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

5 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

The paint I should have ordered when I ordered the other paint, arrived, plus an esc for the build too! 😀

2019-01-23_03-16-02

Have you used the Core-RC paints before?

Any good? My girls have an idea for one of their shells but it’ll be several colours and Tamiya PS’s get expensive in comparison to the Core ones. 

Paint for the Zakspeed Mercedes, yet another front shock tower for my highly competitive DT-02 Nissan Titan, steel pinion, for, uh... always good to have steel pinions, and a Sport Tuned and Mini CVAs for the Jägermeister BMW, which (along with the already installed ball bearings) brings it up to the very limit of legal modifications in the local series which I'm going to run it in. 

DSC_2341.JPG

• Like 8

Small but hard to find - Early style Clod Buster Hood intake

46808286352_dce28a3635_b.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

I have a few times, they cover and last well but I find I have to do more coats than the equivalent PS spray to ensure the depth of colour. They are larger and better value however, but I think its best to go in with Tamiya PS first then back with the Core if a more custom mettalic colour. Solids seem to be on par with PS. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Any good? My girls have an idea for one of their shells but it’ll be several colours and Tamiya PS’s get expensive in comparison to the Core ones. 

Yeah I find they are good but not as good as Tamiya PS paints....my last two cans seemed to they take more coats to get the same coverage.... must be the Core paints come out thinner and recently I have had a bobble effect left on the inside, where maybe the paint hasn't set properly... let me say it didn't detract from the outside look but felt rough to the touch on the inside.. more so than from Tamiya cans.

But for the price it's a trade off and I'd use them again..... more paint can get the same coverage anyway!

• Like 3

@Grotty Otty @Jason1145

Thanks. Great feed back. 

The majority of the body will be one simple colour so maybe I’ll go Tamiya for that but then they are wanting several colours for some smaller details so I’ll give the Core paints a go on those areas. 

• Like 3

On 1/23/2019 at 3:45 PM, Man1c M0nk3y said:

First time I've used them, and , seem ok! (I'm no expert painter though 😳)

Core rc also do a handy spray gun, that looks to clip onto the rattle tin, don't know of anyone has used one?

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Product_Category/Bodyshells/CR599.html

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Klausen said:

Newbuilt TB Evo arrived today.

B3561D73-0789-4816-8A43-034E70F381D2.jpeg

Beautiful 😉

3 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

First time I've used them, and , seem ok! (I'm no expert painter though 😳)

Core rc also do a handy spray gun, that looks to clip onto the rattle tin, don't know of anyone has used one?

http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Product_Category/Bodyshells/CR599.html

Cheers. Is it the metallic white body you did in the other thread?

Looks decent if so and whites one of the colours I’ll be using. 

As someone who owns a lot of tools, I never gave this set much thought, until a buddy lost his motor pinion at the track the other day - and everybody had screwdrivers, wrenches, pliars, cutters, files, you name it, but nobody had brought a single allen key. 

That's when I saw the point of this kit. My pinions are always thread-locked down, and so is his now, I guess I'll probably never need this set anyway, but hey, more tools, and there's a Tamiya logo on them! 

DSC_2357.JPG

• Like 4

On 1/20/2019 at 11:00 AM, Fabia130vRS said:

What is the short corse truck ?

For several days I believed this to be some sort of Jeopardy! reference.

Today a Dual Hunter appeared.

Seems in very reasonable condition, has oil shocks and two 23T motors.
The wheels have ball bearings so hopefully the gearboxes too.

Needs electronics (ESC is broken), steel pinions, the caps that hold the battery in place and and a cleanup.
Maybe shorten the shocks a bit to give it a better stance.

yukCIgd.jpg

ZRkR3ZX.jpg

Should be a nice basher/lazy driver. :lol:

• Like 7

This lovely :wub:

20190125_123206

Box is near perfect...1987B)

20190125_123224

2nd one i got now......but for £12.99 :blink::oI'd  of been a fool not to of bought it:D

• Like 5

6 hours ago, evssv69 said:

Box is near perfect...1987B)

2nd one i got now......but for £12.99 :blink::oI'd  of been a fool not to of bought it:D

The price is OK as it's a normal shop price, but the reason why the box is in such good condition is that it's not at all from 1987. The kit was first released in 1987, thus "Copyright 1987", but Tamiya didn't start their production in the Philippines before 1994, so this kit was manufactured there anywhere between 1994 and 2018. If it had been an early production kit from 1987, it would have been "made in Japan".

That's also the reason why for instance 18001 Hotshot Jr. and 18002 Hornet Jr. with "made in Japan" on the box sell for up to 10 times the price of the same kits with "made in the Philippines" on the box.

• Thanks 2

On 1/24/2019 at 6:36 PM, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Cheers. Is it the metallic white body you did in the other thread?

Looks decent if so and whites one of the colours I’ll be using. 

It's Core Rc - CR625 Metallic white, backed with Core Rc - CR600 White Knight. The flourescent yellow is , Tamiya - PS-27.

First time I've used Core Rc paints,  and I'd get more, 150ml tins, so 50% more paint and cheaper too! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

It's Core Rc - CR625 Metallic white, backed with Core Rc - CR600 White Knight. The flourescent yellow is , Tamiya - PS-27.

First time I've used Core Rc paints,  and I'd get more, 150ml tins, so 50% more paint and cheaper too! 

Cheers. Looks like an order is going in soon then...must resist adding bits for the Cougar at the same time, you know, to save on postage 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

.must resist adding bits for the Cougar at the same time, you know, to save on postage 😂

The old just spend another £60 to save £3.50 on postage... We'll it would be rude not to! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grotty Otty said:

The old just spend another £60 to save £3.50 on postage... We'll it would be rude not to! 😁

Man maths at its finest 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A two speed transmission all the way from Australia for my old 1996 Kyosho Mantis.

Following the 90s touring car thread, what started out as a simple "get it out the loft and clean it up a bit" project is growing legs.

Expensive legs.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Superluminal said:

A two speed transmission all the way from Australia for my old 1996 Kyosho Mantis.

Following the 90s touring car thread, what started out as a simple "get it out the loft and clean it up a bit" project is growing legs.

Expensive legs.

I have a Kyosho mantis too, mine is the EP and had the Volvo 850 body. Whats yours that had a 2 speed transmission?