backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

21 hours ago, Blista said:

Managed to collect a Toyota Hilux in my 1:1 car's rear bumper in traffic today.  When I came home to find some PS paint waiting for me I took it as a sign from the universe that I have cars that need painting.

qaOJZlY.jpg

I'm  a bit confused about collecting a Hilux in your 1:1 bumper, but what happened Tamiya, you forgot to give us the PS # on that Gray paint???

12 minutes ago, Crash Cramer said:

I'm  a bit confused about collecting a Hilux in your 1:1 bumper, but what happened Tamiya, you forgot to give us the PS # on that Gray paint???

Someone in a Hilux drove into me in while I was sitting at some traffic lights, so now my real car needs some body work done.

PS Pastel Gray having no PS number is a mystery to me too.  There's half a dozen PS cans that don't fit in the usual numbering scheme.  Someone here is bound to know why.  Perhaps they aren't part of the permanent line up.  TamiyaUSA listed the Pastel Gray as discontinued last I checked.

7 hours ago, Blista said:

PS Pastel Gray having no PS number is a mystery to me too.  There's half a dozen PS cans that don't fit in the usual numbering scheme.  Someone here is bound to know why.  Perhaps they aren't part of the permanent line up.  TamiyaUSA listed the Pastel Gray as discontinued last I checked.

Yes, they are limited edition releases. A bit about the history of the unnumbered PS-paints, though they have item numbers):

89827 Raybrig Blue (1999), replaced by PS35 later in 1999 (originally intended for 58254)
89911 Anodized Aluminum (2008)  
89912 Iridescent Blue/Green (2008)  
89919 Evolution Red (2009), intended for 58437 and 58440
89920 Pastel Gray (2009), intended for 58444
89922 Bright Mica Red (2009) replaced by PS60 in 2010 (originally intended for 58447)
89925 Dark Blue (2010), intended for 84124

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I struggled to get a tin of pastel grey! None in the UK, got one from Poland in the end.

8 hours ago, Blista said:

Someone in a Hilux drove into me in while I was sitting at some traffic lights, so now my real car needs some body work done.

Sorry to hear that!  I went through the same thing a month ago.  Ultimately the other person's insurance paid me, and there's still a BOLO on the other person for a hit-and-run.

My wheels, tyres, pinions, battery and paint arrived from Modelsport this morning.  I only ordered them  yesterday afternoon!

363A810B-1924-4C8D-BC54-10A1021045B9.md.

My first set of beadlock wheels. Only eight bolts to put each one together, good fun! Such soft tyres but I can see now why people opt for something more 'scale' in appearance. They'll do me for a while though.

• Like 3

Here they are, the M-06 parts that (in my head at least) are responsible for the imminent release of the M-08:

2019-02-01_12-21-49

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Parts starting to arrive for the YZ-2T.

Wheels - 

2019-02-01_02-25-14

And a gear diff - 

2019-02-01_05-42-31

This free truck is costing a fair bit 😎😂

• Like 5

Got these parts from full option / longrat / David

IMG_20190201_210806_zpslobftmxv.jpg

Transmission parts for super astute / astute and front and rear damper towers for bigwig. I also got some hex extension for my high-lift, not sure how good these will be, these i got from Ali express. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bjorklo said:

Got these parts from full option / longrat / David

IMG_20190201_210806_zpslobftmxv.jpg

Transmission parts for super astute / astute and front and rear damper towers for bigwig. I also got some hex extension for my high-lift, not sure how good these will be, these i got from Ali express. 

Where did you order those astute parts?

11 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Yes, they are limited edition releases. A bit about the history of the unnumbered PS-paints, though they have item numbers):

89827 Raybrig Blue (1999), replaced by PS35 later in 1999 (originally intended for 58254)
89911 Anodized Aluminum (2008)  
89912 Iridescent Blue/Green (2008)  
89919 Evolution Red (2009), intended for 58437 and 58440
89920 Pastel Gray (2009), intended for 58444
89922 Bright Mica Red (2009) replaced by PS60 in 2010 (originally intended for 58447)
89925 Dark Blue (2010), intended for 84124

I knew you'd be the one to know about this.  ;)  I might have to stock up on a few cans of Pastel Gray if they're going to stop selling it.

11 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Sorry to hear that!  I went through the same thing a month ago.  Ultimately the other person's insurance paid me, and there's still a BOLO on the other person for a hit-and-run.

Thankfully the guy didn't drive off, which would've been quite easy to do at the time, so I've just got to wait for the insurance companies to sort things out.  Last time something similar happened to me I was waiting in traffic and the guy ahead of me decided to put his truck into reverse!  Not only was it a Dodge Ram but he had the license plate "I AM RAM".  I didn't know he meant it literally until his truck was wedged into the front of my car!

• Sad 1

Not quite brought by the postman for either of these but close enough :lol:

About 8 months ago this popped up on Facebook for a pittance. It was on the Isle of Wight and was collection only. Luckily a large proportion of my family lives on the Isle of Wight so my Uncle popped to the guys house the same day and collected it for me. 8 months later my Dad went over there to visit and brought it back with him :) It’s in pretty good condition and I’m torn with what to do with it right now so it’ll get put on the shelf until I make a decision.

FCDC723A-E398-4723-A748-77C1D7EC891F.thumb.jpeg.c05c4977251d4726df51f4e844def099.jpeg

Secondly is a box and manual :) I’m going to be building up another Mondeo with the body I bought recently, so I figured I better have another box and manual to put it in. After forgetting to collect it a couple of times I finally picked it up this afternoon. This box doe have some brown tape marks but I reckon I might be able to get them off without damaging the box. 

C9DB11AB-8E68-4D2D-A4E9-0B7F02AD43D1.thumb.jpeg.7d60e958be84607caaa587b2f11fa0f4.jpeg

• Like 5

Small delivery, batterystrap from banggood with a funny moto...

ftdf0i.jpg

and from fiberlyte my F103LM chassis. After the F104GT mini build wasnt to successful. I decided to make it a F103LM until I get time and learn to draw in cAD then I will give it a go again on the F104GT mini.

30trv2d.jpg

• Like 1

A small delivery today. Some tyres for my next project.

337AD75F-3934-4D6B-8FCD-C2F0C2DBB7B4.md.

I really need to find the body and wheels. They are in the loft or the garage...somewhere...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

A small delivery today. Some tyres for my next project.

337AD75F-3934-4D6B-8FCD-C2F0C2DBB7B4.md.

I really need to find the body and wheels. They are in the loft or the garage...somewhere...

Good luck, let me know if you find my Advan Courage LM bodyshell up there as I've mis placed mine, it has a custom painted skull driver head... I hope it's i my storage lock up or I've sold it and forgotten to update my Excel sheet and my own memory!

What's the project?

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Good luck, let me know if you find my Advan Courage LM bodyshell up there as I've mis placed mine, it has a custom painted skull driver head... I hope it's i my storage lock up or I've sold it and forgotten to update my Excel sheet and my own memory!

What's the project?

I hope you find it, such a nice shell.

Next project is to build my NIP M04 Giulia. I have all the parts required aside from the body post sprue you can’t get any more and the front tyres. There was a recent Giulia build thread which I’ll use as my inspiration. 

A nice, cheap project as I spent the money over the last couple of years!

• Like 1