backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Tires, tires, and tires for my 312T3 and P34 so they match my Lotus 79 and WR1.

IMG_3761.JPG

Also, finally!  This will go with my Nissan GTR LM Nismo.

IMG_3762.JPG

• Like 8

Received the RARE, discontinued (and probably too expensive) TRF201 Racing Steering Set from an ebay seller.

2019-02-09_04-04-31

Now residing in my TRF211 but found I really need some new steering bearings! 

2019-02-09_04-48-44

Turns out the seller has a stash of TRF201/211 spares. Could get even more expensive! 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Received the RARE, discontinued (and probably too expensive) TRF201 Racing Steering Set from an ebay seller.

2019-02-09_04-04-31

Now residing in my TRF211 but found I really need some new steering bearings! 

2019-02-09_04-48-44

Turns out the seller has a stash of TRF201/211 spares. Could get even more expensive! 

Time to add the weighted aluminum suspension block

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rb4276 said:

Time to add the weighted aluminum suspension block

Can't find those for any kind of sensible money and one thing this buggy doesn't need is more front end!

On 2/5/2019 at 8:49 PM, Jason1145 said:

Yes it's the same, thanks for the heads up... I might find some smaller foam offcuts n try that if it gets too tight

Well I had a quick mess about with the TF and the prop earlier. 

It was as I suspected. Much more resistant with the 2 o-rings (3mm black) in the cups. With both out it was much smoother. Don’t know why I didn’t check when building tbh.

Popped one o-ring back in and same smoothness remained but so did some fore/aft movement but it also ended up pushing one end of the prop right to the end of the cup with the pins only just in. I doubt it would have come out but it was far from perfect. 

Based on this I’d say either trying foam like @TurnipJF suggested or the heat shrink method @Thommo showed. 

I’ve no foam I can use so I’ll be giving the heat shrink a try when I have the time to strip the gearbox’s properly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Can't find those for any kind of sensible money and one thing this buggy doesn't need is more front end!

I hear you, i found a bunch of the trf 201 stuff for real cheap about 2 years ago. I think i paid $20 for the weight up front, makes a huge difference. The steering is the only aluminum hop up i never bothered buying

10 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

I hear you, i found a bunch of the trf 201 stuff for real cheap about 2 years ago. I think i paid $20 for the weight up front, makes a huge difference. The steering is the only aluminum hop up i never bothered buying

I have 55 grams of stick on wheel weights in my DN01 on top of the servo and over the front end and it does make a big difference, I agree. This set is fitted to my 211 with my 3 gear laydown transmission. It's rear grip I struggle with on this one! 

19 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Tires, tires, and tires for my 312T3 and P34 so they match my Lotus 79 and WR1.

IMG_3761.JPG

Nice haul.

What would be the equivalent of rubber tires for foams?

19 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Also, finally!  This will go with my Nissan GTR LM Nismo.

IMG_3762.JPG

cant wait to see the build ! I like this body set, and the F103 chassis in general is an eye catcher for me. 

This is my inaugural post. Woohoo! Let's see if this works...

I recently received a well-used TL-01 chassis, which I plan on tearing down, and building back up w/ full ball bearing and replacing any bits that need replacing. I've collected a bunch of spares for the rebuild and a new body. 

IMG_1225.thumb.jpg.06c7ad13aeeec1ab8b85b6ac25293080.jpg

I can tell the internal gears are shot, since I noticed the little cap piece opposite the motor was missing. 

IMG_1001.thumb.jpg.d0c4325cebbb694418626f8c4199a8ee.jpg

Spares acquired. Debating whether I'll use the Speed-Tuned Gear Set (53342) at this time. 

IMG_1227.thumb.jpg.97be7473a2662ac83f67bdf80c3d4d1b.jpg

Here's the body set I'm planning on using. Wheels and tires on next on the shopping list. 

Edited by msgimartin
typo
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, msgimartin said:

This is my inaugural post. Woohoo! Let's see if this works...

I recently received a well-used TL-01 chassis, which I plan on tearing down, and building back up w/ full ball bearing and replacing any bits that need replacing. I've collected a bunch of spares for the rebuild and a new body. 

IMG_1225.thumb.jpg.06c7ad13aeeec1ab8b85b6ac25293080.jpg

I can tell the internal gears are shot, since I noticed the little cap piece opposite the motor was missing. 

IMG_1001.thumb.jpg.d0c4325cebbb694418626f8c4199a8ee.jpg

Spares acquired. Debating whether I'll use the Speed-Tuned Gear Set (53342) at this time. 

Here's the body set I'm planning on using. Wheels and tires on next on the shopping list. 

Hello and welcome!

I warn you - a used TL01 is exactly where I started on this slippery slope. I now have quite a few more... Enjoy the ride and make sure you share the results!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not doing too well with this reducing the number of cars I own... I really don’t like the DT02 chassis, i’m not sure what it’s done to offend me but I’ve ended up with one regardless! The idea is to modify it to look like my dads real life version he sold a few years ago & give it to him for racing round the garden, sort of a thankyou for buying me my first Tamiya around 33years ago!

47061037351_46b5e2b1fd_b.jpg46147390995_10e42f00d6_b.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, msgimartin said:

Please paint it in Subaru blue, silver or white. The only 3 colors that suits the WRX in my opinion. Especially the "bugeye". :)

10 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Please paint it in Subaru blue, silver or white. The only 3 colors that suits the WRX in my opinion. Especially the "bugeye". :)

I'd only even consider Subaru blue B). 

• Like 1

I drove just over an hour and a half round trip to pick up a Top Force. I'll do that drive any day to support a hobby store willing to stock Tamiya product. I'll tuck this away to build later, just wanted to make sure I obtained one before they disappear.

Tamiya_Top_Force1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A bargain from hobbyking, a cc-01 toyota fj cruiser black special for 102 euro with free shipping.

And some hopup for it from rcmart

IMG_7018.JPG

IMG_7015.JPG

• Like 3

New wheels and tires for my Marui Ninja :D

IMG_20190212_180206_zpsqpyensdw.jpg

Never thought I see the day, so super pleased that I managed to get hold on these never run and still soft tires. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bjorklo said:

New wheels and tires for my Marui Ninja :D

IMG_20190212_180206_zpsqpyensdw.jpg

Never thought I see the day, so super pleased that I managed to get hold on these never run and still soft tires. 

Wow:o..mega  rare them b thenB)

• Like 1

I’m away working for the week, but at home is some motor brushes, some bearings, some falcon tyres, and a set of shocks B)

• Like 1

My madcap rears :Dand a free  eraser shaped like a whale:huh:

20190213_144034

Iwako alotto:lol:...:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Some of those chunky chevron tyres from China. Picked the cheapest seller I could find on Aliexpress and they turned up fine. Result! 

20190213_100001-1024x1365.jpg

• Like 2