backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A giant box arrived at work yesterday :) 

DE575AFF-4328-413B-973C-72866B40AAD8_zps

It contained two large packages :)

8037F198-D610-419F-8E51-B03333F11190_zps

The first one is a NIB TA02 Mercedes Benz 190E Evo.II AMG - 58108 :)

603DB0BC-687C-450D-9B91-F0B2A2B791F1_zps

551C04E2-1AD4-4255-A7A2-4848E27085BE_zps

The second one is a NIB FF01 Castrol Honda Civic VTi - 58127 :)

4C35C298-F835-4690-BD38-8AE7367FEDDF_zps

8F84CF60-02D4-4CBD-BA24-A203CB41F306_zps

Both eBay purchases and both picked up for a very good price. I’ve always loved the Mercedes but never really seen one up for sale. The Honda wasn’t a kit I’d ever really noticed but I love an FF01 (this is my 6th FF01) and seeing as the same seller was selling both I couldn’t leave one behind all by itself :lol: 

Anyway, I’ve taken pictures and now they’re sat on top of my wardrobe with the rest of my boxed collection (some built but boxed and some NIB)

698AE673-4814-49F8-B346-4E9B5EC7851D_zps

I don’t think I could bring myself to build either of these kits so they’ll just be decorative. 

• Like 12

8 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Some of those chunky chevron tyres from China. Picked the cheapest seller I could find on Aliexpress and they turned up fine. Result! 

20190213_100001-1024x1365.jpg

How “big” are these? And im

guessing 12mm hex?

7 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

How “big” are these? And im

guessing 12mm hex?

12mm hex, 130x70mm. Not Clod big but significantly bigger than Monster Beetle/Wild Dagger pin spike tyres. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

12mm hex, 130x70mm. Not Clod big but significantly bigger than Monster Beetle/Wild Dagger pin spike tyres. 

Last question, are the rims 2.2?

Dont you just love parcel days 😀

mQjUszh.jpg

A chassis cover so i can put the finishing touch to my terra scorcher, a rere acto pink, some astute universals and in the envelope is some window tint 😎

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

The poor photo makes it look like I have been pulling legs off insects but they are really some M04 body posts designed by @VagabondStarJXF

C21BA957-C615-49A2-B30B-B6C7401267F7.jpg

Test fitting...

42C34656-40B3-400C-9A3A-C19429B2223B.jpg

That is a lovely looking heatsink! Quite rare I take it?

14 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

That is a lovely looking heatsink! Quite rare I take it?

Not as rare as the stabiliser set I missed out on recently. :(

There is at least one on a popular auction site, I think I got mine from Tamico when I made an impulse bulk buy of M04 chassis and metal bags!

This

20190214_185125

BUT the real prize was a set of original vanquish rims were hidden in the box (spotted it on zooming in on a shot that showed the box open)

• Like 7

For some reason these don’t seem to be available to buy on their site any more 😕 Waited ages to buy one & now can’t get any more.

40130689973_8e1b534808_b.jpg

• Like 2

Postie brought this used original Bullhead a few days ago... I've been finding out bits n pieces about how this all works..... it's not as easy as a TT02 that's for sure!

It arrived with 2 bits broken in transit but the seller has already sent me replacment parts.... now i just got to install them and put in some modern electrics

mLveTGG.jpg

Standard shot of it next to a touring car

QKl6J4h.jpg

This bit broke holding one of the shocks

NACEmEQ.jpg

p9igol5.jpg

Old electrics!

PmCBoDm.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Postie brought this used original Bullhead a few days ago... I've been finding out bits n pieces about how this all works..... it's not as easy as a TT02 that's for sure!

It arrived with 2 bits broken in transit but the seller has already sent me replacment parts.... now i just got to install them and put in some modern electrics

mLveTGG.jpg

QKl6J4h.jpg

NACEmEQ.jpg

p9igol5.jpg

Old electrics!

PmCBoDm.jpg

Get some alloy anti rotation brackets on there, they’re a known weak spot especially on vintage models as the plastic goes brittle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, max69vk said:

Get some alloy anti rotation brackets on there, they’re a known weak spot especially on vintage models as the plastic goes brittle.

Just ordered some! Thank you.

On 2/13/2019 at 8:03 PM, Sammo said:

A giant box arrived at work yesterday :) 

DE575AFF-4328-413B-973C-72866B40AAD8_zps

It contained two large packages :)

8037F198-D610-419F-8E51-B03333F11190_zps

The first one is a NIB TA02 Mercedes Benz 190E Evo.II AMG - 58108 :)

603DB0BC-687C-450D-9B91-F0B2A2B791F1_zps

551C04E2-1AD4-4255-A7A2-4848E27085BE_zps

The second one is a NIB FF01 Castrol Honda Civic VTi - 58127 :)

4C35C298-F835-4690-BD38-8AE7367FEDDF_zps

8F84CF60-02D4-4CBD-BA24-A203CB41F306_zps

Both eBay purchases and both picked up for a very good price. I’ve always loved the Mercedes but never really seen one up for sale. The Honda wasn’t a kit I’d ever really noticed but I love an FF01 (this is my 6th FF01) and seeing as the same seller was selling both I couldn’t leave one behind all by itself :lol: 

Anyway, I’ve taken pictures and now they’re sat on top of my wardrobe with the rest of my boxed collection (some built but boxed and some NIB)

698AE673-4814-49F8-B346-4E9B5EC7851D_zps

I don’t think I could bring myself to build either of these kits so they’ll just be decorative. 

I was watching the Merc. Good buy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, max69vk said:

For some reason these don’t seem to be available to buy on their site any more 😕 Waited ages to buy one & now can’t get any more

I have a feeling RCChannel is winding down and only selling off the remaining stock. I really wanted a set of the cast metal differentials and axles he made as they looked more like sculptures or works of art but sadly these to are not available. I emailed to ask but never got a reply.

Hope he is ok (Paul i think it was??) As when I orded some bits a few years ago for an FAV he emailed me shortly after to ask if I was happy with them - which I ddfinitely was.

8 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Just ordered some! Thank you.

Get some 13 tooth 0.8 mod pinions too. Also those parts dont break 'during transit'. Nice bullhead Jase, I miss mine.

• Like 1

Just now, berman said:

Get some 13 tooth 0.8 mod pinions too. Also those parts dont break 'during transit'. Nice bullhead Jase, I miss mine.

I know I'm pretty green to this truck so forgive my laziness... what pinions can this car take, only 13t?

and yeah I knew the steering plate must've been broken already I was being polite to the seller who said it hadn't been run for years so memory lapse time... but that chrome plated link holding the shock... I know I know.... makes me worried what else is brittle on this ancient rig for when I go jumping it off 5cm dirt mounds and full tilt lol.

Yeah 13s only. It will be ok. Anti rotational brackets, the front servo saver arm (top of the gearbox) and smoke stacks IF you roll it. B)

25 minutes ago, berman said:

Yeah 13s only. It will be ok. Anti rotational brackets, the front servo saver arm (top of the gearbox) and smoke stacks IF you roll it. B)

Haha you say IF like @Jason1145 has a choice.

Mild 5400kv motors will roll anything!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Superluminal said:

I have a feeling RCChannel is winding down and only selling off the remaining stock. I really wanted a set of the cast metal differentials and axles he made as they looked more like sculptures or works of art but sadly these to are not available. I emailed to ask but never got a reply.

Hope he is ok (Paul i think it was??) As when I orded some bits a few years ago for an FAV he emailed me shortly after to ask if I was happy with them - which I ddfinitely was.

Thanks for the heads up. Been meaning to get a couple of SRB bits I'd best check them out before its to late. 

My wife played the roll of the Postie today, ermmm, sorry not meant in a kinky sort of way, I mean she had to take a drive to Rockhampton which is where my nearest hobby shop is and pick up some body paint:blink:...............................................paint for my 2CV!! :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

mLveTGG.jpg

QKl6J4h.jpg

NACEmEQ.jpg

p9igol5.jpg

Old electrics!

PmCBoDm.jpg

An 860 esc and 3s Lipo work wonders in these.

Baring dual servos,  a torquey servo and the largest servo horn,help the steering a bit..

(Still not ordered the anti rotation bracket for mine!?!)

• Like 1

Of course, 

As soon as you get the expensive option, the cheaper, can't find any worldwide, option lands in your lap....

2019-02-14_12-07-00

• Like 2