backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2 ESCs that have been in transit since the dawn of the dinosaur, but they finally arrived!

L6PoqSQ.jpg

1 for my original Marui Big Bear, and one for my Frankenstein big bear. ^_^

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I surpass hobby rocket v2 21.5 turns 1740kv motor for my cc-01 build and 2 lipo low voltage alarms

IMG_20190215_155030.jpg

6 hours ago, Ray_ve said:

2 ESCs that have been in transit since the dawn of the dinosaur, but they finally arrived!

L6PoqSQ.jpg

Let me know if yours have brake function as my one of those just goes fwd to rev and then from rev to fwd!

31 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Let me know if yours have brake function as my one of those just goes fwd to rev and then from rev to fwd!

Did a quick check in the blazing star, And they do have the 'normal' function of forward stick = forward and reverse stick= brake, reverse stick again is reverse.
However, the brake function is quite weak. The hobbywing 1060 and 1040 ESCs I also use are much better at braking.

• Like 1

Today I got a lexan Brat body, some king Blackfoot wheels and a frog chassis. Oh and some yellow damper parts.

BRAT

• Like 1

I found a differential grease that's ultra sticky.  AW grease is next to it for size comparison (1 gram vs 20g).  It feels 2-3 times stickier than AW.  It feels almost firm as vaseline, but whole lot stickier.  It smells a bit like a plastic bag, whereas AW doesn't smell anything.  AW grease wipes away quickly with alcohol, this takes 2-3 swipes to go away.  Since it says "diff oil" I would assume it's plastic safe.  

I haven't tried it in a diff, but I think this Ultra thing from 3Racing might be usable (in small amounts) in open diffs like the FAV, Fox, Grasshopper, Blackfoot, etc.  

hT2wVwS.jpg

How do I know this is 2-3 times stickier than AW grease?  

I did a sticky finger grab test.  AW grease dropped the scissors in about 0.3 seconds.  3Racing Ultra Hig Viscosity Gear Diff Oil held them up for about 1 second.  And it left a mold of my fingerprint on the scissors.  I didn't take a photo of that (just in case people use fingerprints like credit cards in the future--you never know!).   

WEudFS7.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Aerobert said:

My new Bullhead from the Modellbau Lindinger special offer. What a huge box.B)

4PppKd2ANJOvt6BFOP6SJyKB1fJ8gB2wAG-xoXeB

Mine is shipped yesterday.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Ray_ve said:

L6PoqSQ.jpg

Do you have a link for these, they look quite old school.

**edit - think I found them

any box that arrives with a blue star on it has to be good B)

recent-purchases-14.jpg

recent-purchases-15.jpg

recent-purchases-16.jpg

and to end the week, I was able to get a frog.

recent-purchases-17.jpg

but neither will be built for awhile, too many things to do first :blink:

plus I am collecting more 1/24 ish models. this one, I'd built one as a kid, so would like to have another go one day

recent-purchases-18.jpg

• Like 6

Cheap eBay purchase from last Sunday an early WW2, just needs a new r/x a couple of headlamps.

Its not quite what I was looking for so it will sit in the wardrobe for a bit while I decided what to do with it.

084C5AA0-0870-413E-8E7A-803773E0574C.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Do you have a link for these, they look quite old school.

**edit - think I found them

I have these from aliexpress.

search for '320a brushed esc'.

• Like 1

My father brougt the used Clodbuster I bought! :D

FsnnRVC.jpg

FswdeJQ.jpg

I think it is one of the first series. The silvercans have white plasic endcaps. These days they are metal I believe.
Looks very complete and in good order. Only the tires have flat spots. Can that be solved somehow? (Inserts offcourse, but the tires are glued on the rims).
But I still also have a full new set of tires/rims so no problem.

To-do list would be teardown and clean-up, bearings, steel pinions, full electronics and a respray in metallic red. Keep steering standard for now, maybe an extended servo arm to improve steering rate.

But this will be on the shelf for some time, no rush as it is nice weather outside today and I really need to do some work on the house again, been putting too much time in the cars so time to shift priorities.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ray_ve said:

FsnnRVC.jpg

FswdeJQ.jpg

I think it is one of the first series. The silvercans have white plasic endcaps. These days they are metal I believe.
Looks very complete and in good order. Only the tires have flat spots. Can that be solved somehow? (Inserts offcourse, but the tires are glued on the rims).
But I still also have a full new set of tires/rims so no problem.

To-do list would be teardown and clean-up, bearings, steel pinions, full electronics and a respray in metallic red. Keep steering standard for now, maybe an extended servo arm to improve steering rate.

But this will be on the shelf for some time, no rush as it is nice weather outside today and I really need to do some work on the house again, been putting too much time in the cars so time to shift priorities.

Nice project, I am waiting for my bullhead to arrive, and that car have to wait some months before I buildt it, I got some other cars to build and no more budget for it.

The thing a want to change are the steering, bearings, shocks, some parst to make it stronger and double brushless motors and for the rest stock.

The Schumacher, secret courier pigeon, delivered 😉👍

2019-02-17_04-53-20

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ray_ve said:

FsnnRVC.jpg

I think it is one of the first series. The silvercans have white plasic endcaps.

Congrats, pal. You got the REAL THING there!

Excellent specimen, and by the looks I think it is in good condition. Body is very nice, original, and properly done. You won't have problems finding the replacement light bar from the new version. I'm really surprised to see the extra "spacer" the previous owner got in there to use larger battery packs. I don't know how much you paid for it, but I believe it is a great purchase :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Congrats, pal. You got the REAL THING there!

Excellent specimen, and by the looks I think it is in good condition. Body is very nice, original, and properly done. You won't have problems finding the replacement light bar from the new version. I'm really surprised to see the extra "spacer" the previous owner got in there to use larger battery packs. I don't know how much you paid for it, but I believe it is a great purchase :)

It was 50 euros...... ^_^

Edit: I have 3 rollbarr lights left over from the bullhead, maybe I can combine them. For now, this car is a shelf-queen as there are enough projects.

• Like 2

Waiting on some items to be delivered by DHL Parcel / Ukmail - I dont hold out much hope considering they have been a complete and utter failure 100% of the times I have had the mispleasure of having stuff sent to me and they have been the courier. Sadly you dont often get the choice when items are being shipped from Germany. Fingers crossed...

1 hour ago, Ray_ve said:

It was 50 euros...... ^_^

Edit: I have 3 rollbarr lights left over from the bullhead, maybe I can combine them. For now, this car is a shelf-queen as there are enough projects.

Thats a reel bargian, most of the guys here would pay more only for the body with the chevy badge.

Received a Yeah Racing CC01 steering set today.  It's only been a year since I started buying CC01 bits.  Don't want to hurry things just in case Tamiya come to their senses and announce a CC02.  :lol:

vNUle0I.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Found a cheap grasshopper, wanted one soooo bad when i was a kid. Surprisingly never owned one even though i bought a rere hornet when they came out.

Couldnt turn it down at the price.

Y2OPJQf.jpg

Edit...

Had the customary 'get it all out, thumb the manual then put it all back' look and now need to decide...

Do i build it? Do i stick it under the bed and forget about it? If i build it, do i do what i would have when i was 12 and build it box stock? Or do i put one of many spare 540s, or a torque tuned in it and some cva on the back. Hmmmm, white or yellow?

• Like 4