backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

16 hours ago, evssv69 said:

Nothing rc:(... but man do i smell nice now:wub:

My wife would prefer that over the smell of UR0906 grease and Tamiya paint stripper too! ^_^ :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Collin said:

NOS Dyna Storm and Dyna Blaster parts. :ph34r:

ds_lot.jpg

Only a ‘few more’ were required to qualify for free shipping?!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Birger said:

Some parts before start of M07 build, still some on their way

2019-02-19_07-58-25

That is a lot of blue. Looking forward to the build thread!

• Like 1

From Tamico and Seidel. Of note - TA02S/SW chassis kits for €40 from parted out 037 kits. I discovered all the additional parts to build both TA-02W and TA-01 (with a black tub) are easily available new so I'll do one of each. 

goodies-8th-feb-2019.jpg

• Like 6

Today's arrival was a Kamtec "Hot Rod Beetle" shell and wing which look to be a good fit for my SWB M-06.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Only a ‘few more’ were required to qualify for free shipping?!

Hobbyshop cloesd its doors. final sale.. :(

• Sad 1

A nice selection today:

1zv4rwi.jpg

The decals are for an upcoming project:

14deyj7.jpg

This Futaba 4YWD is destined for a 3-speed:

1z53vvq.jpg

The clutch will go in, as will (hopefully) this extra switch:

2z908lf.jpg

I will attempt to fit the cockpit set to a Lancia Rally.

Plenty to work with here - I look forward to the coming weeks!

• Like 6

No postman, collected this myself yesterday. 3.5 hour round trip but worth it. There’s a load of bearings in the box, the truck is new built.

King bf

• Like 4

Good haul today.....

20190220_121918

Azarashi Pholc shell for my TRF211. Futuba 40mhz Rx. Some hard to find TRF201 steering parts from a guy on Oople, plus some new kingpins for my TRF211 as well.

• Like 2

Lots of bits & pieces in today!

Mini Cooper front grill & bumpers, WR02 Samba wheels & bumpers, pair of vintage Blazer body-posts, and finally a pair of Scumacher 2” rib-spike tyres to go on a Bear hawk project!

46241510925_58298699c6_b.jpg

On 2/18/2019 at 7:05 AM, evssv69 said:

20190218-142010.jpg

Should have gone with "Sex Panther"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

NOTHING, today I stayed the whole at home waiting for my bullhead that would be delivered today.

Then I notice that the stupid delivery guy put a note I my mailbox  thats say I was not at home, so I was *******ed.

The delivery guy thinks because we have a 9 month old baby, he gently have to knock on the door instead of use the doorbell, I was in my hobbyroom and leave al doors open so that I can hear the doorbell.

Its not the first time this happened so I called the post office to complain about it, then the postoffice tel me that they send the package back to the sender, then smoke was coming out of my ears, normaly when your not at home the first time they come back the next day.

I live in the Netherlands and I have bought It  from a Austrian vendor, so now I have to wait again.:angry::angry:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

NOTHING, today I stayed the whole at home waiting for my bullhead that would be delivered today.

Then I notice that the stupid delivery guy put a note I my mailbox  thats say I was not at home, so I was *******ed.

The delivery guy thinks because we have a 9 month old baby, he gently have to knock on the door instead of use the doorbell, I was in my hobbyroom and leave al doors open so that I can hear the doorbell.

Its not the first time this happened so I called the post office to complain about it, then the postoffice tel me that they send the package back to the sender, then smoke was coming out of my ears, normaly when your not at home the first time they come back the next day.

I live in the Netherlands and I have bought It  from a Austrian vendor, so now I have to wait again.:angry::angry:

That is amazing.

could you share what courier was used?

I had a similar problem with DPD, they seem to be a reliable conpany, but not really in Croatia, I live in the very southern city next to Dubrovnik. DPD once had to deliver a parcel from the UK from our dear member @Jason1145, the courier, after I arrived to their warehouse, told me that he didnt know where my house number is... 

because numbers 18a and 18b are on the oposite street, and my number 18 is on the end of the street. So he was “confused” and did not bother with my delivery. Amazing, also he has said there wasnt a phone number and he couldnt call.

in this modern time with all the gps functiona and stuff... you just have to be stupid I think.

I told Jason about the problem, he canceld the delivery because the DPD courier has marked a incorrect address. I was waiting two weeks. 

From now on, I pay more attention to tracking numbers, as soon as I see the parcel is near me, I call the courirer or post office and even if I have to lie I do it, like “I would like to collect the parcel earlier, I am out if the house on vacation for a week later...” because on the end they will leave a note about a unsuccessfull delivery anyways and make the trip to the post office

• Haha 1

The courier was Post NL, usually It goes wel, but sometimes It does not.

Most of the times when the delivery guy thinks I am not at home, when I am at home, he delivered it to my neighbors an that happen a lot lately.

For this package I have to sign so he can't delivered to my neighbors.

• Thanks 1

Internationally all postmen can mess up... by and large they are great but hey it happens.. always seems to be with the big important RC stuff... I always receive boring stuff like cutlery sets, lamps and car mats etc! No problems!

1 minute ago, dannymulder said:

For this package I have to sign so he can't delivered to my neighbors.

If they cannot deliver the first time, they will try a second time the next run. And if they cannot deliver again, they typically bring it to a pick-up point and leave it for 2 weeks so you can pick it up yourself.

Very strange that they send this back..... Must somehow be related to the contract they have with the Austria postal service or something.... It is not normal procedure in my opinion...

I'm typically very happy with the deliviry guys from postNL in my area, great guys.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, evssv69 said:

20190218-142010.jpg

Isn't that for the more....erm , colourful man Evv?  ha ha.

J

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ray_ve said:

If they cannot deliver the first time, they will try a second time the next run. And if they cannot deliver again, they typically bring it to a pick-up point and leave it for 2 weeks so you can pick it up yourself.

I know this is the normal way, when I called post nl about it they say that the vendor want it that way, and that they have to send it back and not going to deliver a second time, I called the vendor he said that he can do nothing about it, only send it back to me when he got the package back.