backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

11 minutes ago, voo2doo said:

Isn't that for the more....erm , colourful man Evv?Ā  ha ha.

J

Fudge knows bit it smells nicešŸ‘..do u ware it also then??:P...

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

I know this is the normal way, when I called post nl about it they say that the vendor want it that way, and that they have to send it back and not going to deliver a second time, I called the vendor he said that he can do nothing about it, only send it back to me when he got the packageĀ back.

Craziest thing ever, he must get a lot of returns that way!

On 2/19/2019 at 9:28 PM, TurnipJF said:

That is a lot of blue. Looking forward to the build thread!

Still some blue on the way, when arrived, I'll start the build... I've followed your build, it looked nice! The gold rims are for the TA05...Ā 

Grtz BirgerĀ 

Got this for my ta02.Ā 

Came new in pack but fell out the very brittle packaging when I unwrapped it šŸ™„

It's going to be fitted so no biggy

1550698695445-1199058696.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, dannymulder said:

NOTHING, today I stayed the whole at home waiting for my bullhead that wouldĀ be delivered today.

Then I notice thatĀ the stupid delivery guy put a note I my mailbox Ā thats say I was not at home, so I was *******ed.

The delivery guy thinks because we have a 9 monthĀ old baby, he gently have to knock on the door instead of use the doorbell, I was in my hobbyroom and leave al doors open so that I canĀ hear the doorbell.

Its not the first time this happened so I called the post office to complain about it, then the postoffice tel me that they send the package back to the sender, then smoke was coming out of myĀ ears, normaly when your not at home the first time they come back the next day.

I live in the Netherlands and I have bought ItĀ  from a Austrian vendor, so now I have to wait again.:angry::angry:

After this story yesterday, I really don't know what they are doing at the post office, today I have got a unexpected email from the post office that my package was waiting for me at the pick up point, so I was total confused.

So I was going to the pick up point not 100% convinced that my package was really there, and YES:D it was there.

I got my bullhead today

IMG_7062.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dannymulder said:

After this story yesterday, I really don't know what they are doing at the post office, today I have got a unexpected email from the post office that my package was waiting for me at the pick up point, so I was total confused.

So I was going to the pick up point not 100% convinced that my package was really there, and YES:D it was there.

I got my bullhead today

IMG_7062.JPG

Haha it makes your feet look tiny at the bottom of the photo... congrats that looks an awesome build and atleast the plastics won't be as brittle as a 30 year old one ;)

• Haha 1

Just got home from work to find this waiting for me in the living room. It's in great shape, just going to give her a polish and clean up and into the display cabinet. I think I need another cabinet, tried to purswade the Mrs for me to get another in the dining room, but fell on deaf ears. Saying that 2 months ago she said the cars were not coming into the house. I won !!!Ā Too many cars in the garage and not enough space.Ā 

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, Vintage1 said:

Just got home from work to find this waiting for me in the living room. It's in great shape, just going to give her a polish and clean up and into the display cabinet. I think I need another cabinet, tried to purswade the Mrs for me to get another in the dining room, but fell on deaf ears. Saying that 2 months ago she said the cars were not coming into the house. I won !!!Ā Too many cars in the garage and not enough space.Ā 

IMG_0528.JPG

a great display unit with a great collection in their. as for another case just take the mrsĀ out for a new pair of shoes and i reconĀ you will get your new case after that;)

Been very busy with new job and life. So busy i realized my Tamiya aluminum L driveshaft for my beetle never showed up from Japan. So now i have contacted them through AmazonĀ and will have to wait.

My W-2 did finally show up after being over a month late. So that was nice...lolĀ 

• Like 1

Woken up this morning at some ungodly hour (7am, haha) by my son and dog because a courier had just dropped off a package. It seems we're lucky down hereĀ and don't have the same problems with post that you northerners do. Anyway, my 5m of sail material arrived so I just need to pick up eyelets from my mum (struggling to find little eyelets, turns out mum has hundreds in her sewing box) and I can make my sails.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

New m4 turnbuckles for my lunchbox as I ripped apart Ā the m3 ones with plastic ends doing doughnuts šŸ˜€

BCF9A673-79B4-4848-A15D-763805775B4C.jpeg

• Like 1

A few bits arrived, new silver, servo mounting plate and aluminium anti rotation brackets for the Bullhead, 120mm eye to eye Orange shocks for the HPI Jumpshot and a Carbon stiffener for my new TA03R because it was cheap and carbon

7jAmsvL.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vintage1 said:

Ā 

IMG_0528.JPG

I gots to get me one of these cabinets - where did you get it from?

20190221_161720

Shapeways delivery! Version 2 of the 3 deg toe in rear uprights for my Thunder Dragon to work better with the TRF arms. Hopefully improved version of the bearing steering set, also for the Thunder Dragon, and a protype 3 gear layback gearcase for the TRF211. Moves the motor rearward compared to the laydown I have. Hopefully give the car a bit more rear end.Ā 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

A few bits arrived, new silver, servo mounting plate and aluminium anti rotation brackets for the Bullhead, 120mm eye to eye Orange shocks for the HPI Jumpshot and a Carbon stiffener for my new TA03R because it was cheap and carbon

7jAmsvL.jpg

Curious who you used for the anti rotation brackets and do they look well made?

9 hours ago, Vintage1 said:

IMG_0523.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

Awesome! :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Curious who you used for the anti rotation brackets and do they look well made?

Here's the link, they are not the prettiest aluminium parts I've ever bought, scratches and burrs etc but this is a functional piece so as long as it fits which it looks like it will ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MB-Aluminum-Anti-Rotational-Brackets-2PCS-for-Tamiya-Clodbuster-/222485448782

Ā 

A lovely little package arrived today courtesy of @Jason1145 containing an Alturn servo and a set of Egress clamping hexes. The former will be fitted to my M-06 and the latter to my TB-03.Ā 

• Like 2

Ooh...a genuineĀ  tamiya box:P

20190222_09265820190222_093552

Ex Shop displayĀ  model so nx to nothingĀ  use wise..B)..only a slight mark on the bonnet.....and streeing servo issue...:huh:.but i also have a bnipĀ  body

20190222_092759

Ā 

• Like 1

Spent most of the week at home with flu-like symptoms... Not used to hanging around all useless and feverish. By Wednesday I was bored out of my mind and high on all sorts of cough syrup, and I vaguely recall keeping myself amused by dreaming up weird projects and filling various shopping carts...

Seems I didn't stop at just filling those carts, 'cause the contents of one arrived today. Too bad I' m out of cough syrup and have no idea what clever project idea is represented here.Ā 

I guess I could build this as a Super Hotshot, use the truck for spares and get my small parts sorted out? Tools, of course are always good and there's a Boomerang chassis to fix the Insanerang. I'll start there and wait for several more shipments that are doubtlessly en route.Ā 

Ā 

DSC_2486.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My SkyRC TS120 arrived today, which surprised me since I only ordered it last Saturday and RCMart orders usually take a lot longer to get here. Its going in my Ultima but there won't be another 10th meet for about 6 weeks so theres plenty of time to get it fitted...which means in 6 saturdays time I'll be settling in with a beer and remember I haven't swapped it in yet...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First upgrade parts for my CC01 arrived just now. Adjustable aluminum dampers and rubber sealed bearings. A long way to go.Ā 

IMG_20190223_143434.jpg

IMG_20190223_143427.jpg

• Like 1

Xray T1FK05 motor guard, used from ebay, to keep the costs low. This was 9$ a new one from rcmart is 17$

Ā 

and a fpv to iphone device

r23p79.jpg

• Like 1

Early morning postie!Ā 

2019-02-23_09-22-26

Carbon shock tower idea for the Thunder Dragon and new longer battery hold down for my TRF211 pending its new transmission.Ā 

• Like 7