backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Another metal SRB chassis which I’ll build up using lots of leftover spares from other projects

46334010755_6f66ae68cd_b.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

By the way, can you post more detailed pics please? Thanks! :)

This is a chrome finish ORV chassis, still plastic underneath. The ‘all metal’ tag comes from the raft of hop ups combined with the chassis finish. For a full list and a few more photos (much better than my quick and dirty iPhone shot at work), here’s the recent sales listing.

A CNCd chassis would be pretty hefty!

• Like 2

Today I got these super rare Nimrod parts for my Dyna Storm. 

(if any have any of the other Nimrod parts you might consider selling please let me know) 

IMG_20190301_152112_zpsgotrlncx.jpg

IMG_20190301_152122_zps8kamygkx.jpg

IMG_20190301_152129_zpscugjjwyn.jpg

IMG_20190301_152150_zpsdfv28rb3.jpg

IMG_20190301_152201_zpsgju2hkss.jpg

IMG_20190301_152233_zpsc1dn7aj6.jpg

2009-04-19_121753_dyna_lightning_set_2_z

• Like 8

Agreed!

But lately, plastic has been fantastic for me - a 1:12 driver figure from a parted-out Lotus 72 kit arrived today:

vqgv89.jpg

I had plans to fit it to my 312T3, but as completely expected, it was too small - why do I think of these things? :wacko:

However, it did clarify my eventual driver figure plans, and in the meantime, I have a sharp-looking driver for any 1:12 project I might have!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Today I got these super rare Nimrod parts for my Dyna Storm. 

(if any have any of the other Nimrod parts you might consider selling please let me know) 

IMG_20190301_152112_zpsgotrlncx.jpg

IMG_20190301_152122_zps8kamygkx.jpg

IMG_20190301_152129_zpscugjjwyn.jpg

IMG_20190301_152150_zpsdfv28rb3.jpg

IMG_20190301_152201_zpsgju2hkss.jpg

IMG_20190301_152233_zpsc1dn7aj6.jpg

2009-04-19_121753_dyna_lightning_set_2_z

the arms r carbon aint they..:blink:...

12 hours ago, evssv69 said:

the arms r carbon aint they..:blink:...

Yeah, that's correct, it's carbon in them. 

• Like 1

Vvbm4IA.jpg

Finally I got round to picking up a shaft upgrade for my manta ray chassis - brushless power is bending the stock prop!

Unfortunatly I got two 'sorry we missed you' cards which are hopefully my Manta ray racecraft body (mantaraycecraft?) and some shocks. 

• Like 4

M05 chassis with plenty of hop-ups, I’ve already got the shell and wheels sat in a box so this will be an easy one to get going again, I’ve never been a fan of blue anodising so this may be removed & polished before use.

47228581692_02fa33b015_b.jpg

• Like 2

20190304_204044

Final couple of bits from Shapeways and a couple of other places so I can change my TRF211 3 gear laydown into a 3 gear layback. It will move the motor rearward which will hopefully help traction and make the car a little more of an all rounder. This particular one will also use an ff03 motor plate and spur cover to give the drive train more protection. Modern race buggies don't seem that well sealed to me. 

• Like 2

Few ups for my imminent GF-01 were waiting for me when I got home

GF01 hops

• Like 3

1 hour ago, speedy_w_beans said:

This just arrived today from Scollins!  I'll have to do something crazy with it...

IMG_3812.JPG

3800kv and 6s Lipo 😃🤞

• Haha 5

Just some pinions for me today. I now have from 27t - 36t in 48p so have pretty much everything covered for all my racers. Thats covered as far as pinions go, now to cover off the skill...

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, J@mes said:

Few ups for my imminent GF-01 were waiting for me when I got home

GF01 hops

Are those springs different hardness’s? I’ve not seen any springs for the wr02/gf01 and it’s a build that’s on my radar for the future, although I’ve not looked too hard tbh!

postman has been really slow, did not get stuff for weeks. :o withdraw symptoms all over!

Thankfully, the team bluegroove marui big bear and samurai bodies arrived, daddy got his fix. :lol:

Hopefully, china-stuff starts coming in again next week again.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Are those springs different hardness’s? I’ve not seen any springs for the wr02/gf01 and it’s a build that’s on my radar for the future, although I’ve not looked too hard tbh!

They are from the CC01 hop ups, got the alu dampers from the CC01 because the anodised blue doesn’t work with the Tonka yellow IMO.I’d prefer the springs in black but Tamiya don’t do the barrels black. 

• Like 1

Slick-looking dampers there!

A pair of Tamiya 4 x 4 Vehicle Driver Figures arrived, along with some spare bearings:

20gkwmr.jpg

I had one, but it was chopped up well and good for my Ferrari 312T3 build. I will fit either one or both into my Bruiser - I keep referring to these as "Bruiser figures" even though "Bruiser" is not in the name.

The bearings - advertised as a complete spare set for the Bruiser - were an ill-informed purchase, as I had failed to realize the Bruiser kit had full ball bearings (even at that price!). A good off-road truck should have spares, though!

• Like 2

Nothing really, but I stopped by at my LHS and picked up one can each of PS-1, PS-2 and PS-22. 

I think the green might be too bright and the red not dark enough, but it's a start. Now all I need to do is find the pics of that awesome buggy paint job that I've seen around here again. 

DSC_2588.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, S-PCS said:

Nothing really, but I stopped by at my LHS and picked up one can each of PS-1, PS-2 and PS-22. 

I think the green might be too bright and the red not dark enough, but it's a start. Now all I need to do is find the pics of that awesome buggy paint job that I've seen around here again. 

DSC_2588.JPG

Is this possibly it?

23qzclv.jpg

Or was it this one?

25jipgk.jpg

Those are the only two I saw with polycarbonate bodies; there is a Grasshopper II with those colours, but that shell is in ABS plastic.

I look forward to seeing what you are painting!

Edit: here is the Grasshopper II, courtesy of TC member Pintopower:

30410218395_54ca6bbdb2_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Grastens said:

Is this possibly it?

23qzclv.jpg

Or was it this one?

25jipgk.jpg

Oh yes, those two. Thank you very much, I'll make sure to post whatever I'm going to paint. 

46 minutes ago, S-PCS said:

Oh yes, those two. Thank you very much, I'll make sure to post whatever I'm going to paint. 

Best of luck! Both shells were painted using PS-1 White, PS-2 Red, and PS-22 Racing Green, so you have the right colours for the job ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1