backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

More stuff to try and hide from the missus!

47245537982_94f2e61f7b_b.jpg47297807631_49654b4fe4_b.jpg

Only just opened the mini box & it’s stuffed full of extra parts from various M03 models & even some original decals which I desperately needed!

47298931801_ecb066ee6d_b.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Been trying to get an original version for some time know but they always fetch good money so i saw this and thought hey best of both worlds and it came at a very good price 

1551871654812-1390790754.jpg

• Like 10

A few goods from ebay and rcmart. 

A Tamiya TBLE01 and TBLM01 8T motor for my upcoming FF03.

15gw8eh.jpg

It looks identilcal as my Carson Dragster Shooter SL 10T comboy esc is very similar and motor can.

and rear tires for my F103LM, with some aluminium weights/stiffeneres I will try to integrate.

2lbyphi.jpg

11aaoac.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Mark for the wheels and tires.

IMG_20190306_205922_zpsxqwd6swb.jpg

I also have runned out of ceramic grease so it was time to refill. 

• Like 3

The itch that needed to be scratched! Thank God I’m the only person with a key to the garage! I’ve wanted one of these for ages, but they’re either immaculate and way too expensive, or reasonably priced & total heaps! This is somewhere in the middle 😊 First job will be to strip the black paint off (especially the windows) and use a different less harsh colour instead on the body.

40342820463_f94c3f7d46_b.jpg40342820353_028a01aeb1_b.jpg46584407904_c28a11638d_b.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, max69vk said:

The itch that needed to be scratched! Thank God I’m the only person with a key to the garage! I’ve wanted one of these for ages, but they’re either immaculate and way too expensive, or reasonably priced & total heaps! This is somewhere in the middle 😊 First job will be to strip the black paint off (especially the windows) and use a different less harsh colour instead on the body.

40342820463_f94c3f7d46_b.jpg40342820353_028a01aeb1_b.jpg46584407904_c28a11638d_b.jpg

It looks great, I had luck and got a 1000TCR re-re body set and a new M05 ver2 chassis and built it :)

very nice model from tamiya

• Like 1

RCON RS200 body from racecraft rc. 

Project Tamiya RR-03Ra RCON Ford RS200 body

So lovely in the plastic, and I didn't realise it comes with a full decal set too. Very excited about this body

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

So lovely in the plastic, and I didn't realise it comes with a full decal set too. Very excited about this body

Eek! So want one of these shells but I must finish at least in other project first!!

What colour will it be? I’ll have to ask my Dad if he still has the photos of the road car that used to be in the dealership in Strood. Sure we took some. I remember it being white. Can’t remember what the wheels were like and doubt there would be 1:10 equivalents. 

Can you tell that I have shell envy?!

• Haha 2

@Badcrumble It's such a rad shell. I am not sure if I will use the decals or not. They are the works Ford colours scheme with a white shell colour.

Rcon RS200 shell

I am tempted to do it metallic blue which is the modern Ford Performance colour. Maybe try some masked stripes similar to the decals in white to give it the right look. Not sure yet. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Eek! So want one of these shells but I must finish at least in other project first!!

What colour will it be? I’ll have to ask my Dad if he still has the photos of the road car that used to be in the dealership in Strood. Sure we took some. I remember it being white. Can’t remember what the wheels were like and doubt there would be 1:10 equivalents. 

Can you tell that I have shell envy?!

Funny how you get your rs200 same day as I get mine! Mines a controlfreax 

IMG-20190307-WA0002.jpeg

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, svenb said:

Funny how you get your rs200 same day as I get mine! Mines a controlfreax 

IMG-20190307-WA0002.jpeg

That’s really weird. After Cy posted, I googled and found some TC posts from 2010 and the TC entry for Controlfreax. As the website link was broken I thought ‘eight years on? No chance!’.

Is that one from the man himself? The roof scoop detail on those is great. What’s the wheelbase?

28 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

That’s really weird. After Cy posted, I googled and found some TC posts from 2010 and the TC entry for Controlfreax. As the website link was broken I thought ‘eight years on? No chance!’.

Is that one from the man himself? The roof scoop detail on those is great. What’s the wheelbase?

I got it from ebay! I haven't seen one in years so grabbed it 😉

Here it is placed on a tb evo II (minus body posts) which if tamiya are right, it's a 257mm wheelbase .

not a great phone but it does line up with the arches

1552000273362-212144377.jpgn

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Nice. So much want. Really can’t justify it. Especially without a chassis it could go on. 

Been after these for a while, finally ordered myself a pair.

2019-03-08_10-13-08

• Like 2

Got a good deal on a new discontinued Traxxas Telluride roller so there is that. A pig graffiti body for the Stampede and a Kinexsis ESC and 3000kv motor for the Telluride.

9zuNLEb.jpg

AFJwNnI.jpg

vmzNPty.jpg

u7ccWvo.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

“... A pig graffiti body for the Stampede ...”

9zuNLEb.jpg

I fear to look yet I can not turn away 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, J@mes said:

I fear to look yet I can not turn away 😀

Agreed!  In some strange way I kind of like the look of that! 

New carbon shock towers for the mid, absolutely superb 😎

2019-03-09_02-12-57

• Like 4

Curiosity got the better of me. A £6 Quicrun 1060 clone/unbranded version. About half the price of the cheapest genuine ones.

I doubt very much that it's waterproof but if it performs the same otherwise then it might be an ok option for backup/experimenting with stuff.

eey628D.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

doubt very much that it's waterproof

I take it back, the circuit board actually has a good covering of conformal coating on it so it might be at least splash proof. I'm still not in a hurry to test that aspect though lol.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:01 AM, max69vk said:

The itch that needed to be scratched! Thank God I’m the only person with a key to the garage! I’ve wanted one of these for ages, but they’re either immaculate and way too expensive, or reasonably priced & total heaps! This is somewhere in the middle 😊

Same, recently scored a new bodyset with wheels recently. Waiting for a proper RR chassis to put under it.