backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

11 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Awesome home bodging... looks like it might've worked too!

Good luck with it I'll keep an eye out for progress ;)

In honesty it was rock solid, but 5 nuts to take off 1 wheel is too much like hard work! 😂

• Haha 1

Nothing huge, but something that will bring me closer to starting my next project - some nylon wingnut "Wheel Knock Offs"

My first ever Tamiya nitro kit 😀

5zR9l8f.jpg

• Like 3

My ‘new’ M03 arrived. Unfortunately, the seller made zero attempt to package it - just slapped a bin bag round it with an address label.

Consequently the box has been nicely squashed. But really, it now only in as bad condition as the shell within.

243F14BD-90D6-421E-A444-D9F6046EA5B8.jpg

It has made my mind up though, rather than keep it all together I have a long term plan for the knackered shell, the XB chassis will become a future project and ESC and radio gear will go on to the M03 Mini I have been slowly building for Mrs BC.

25 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

My ‘new’ M03 arrived. Unfortunately, the seller made zero attempt to package it - just slapped a bin bag round it with an address label.

Consequently the box has been nicely squashed. But really, it now only in as bad condition as the shell within.

243F14BD-90D6-421E-A444-D9F6046EA5B8.jpg

It has made my mind up though, rather than keep it all together I have a long term plan for the knackered shell, the XB chassis will become a future project and ESC and radio gear will go on to the M03 Mini I have been slowly building for Mrs BC.

This is probably a silly question, can you tell the difference between an XB and something a regular joe assembled? (If it wasn’t in the XB box how would you know?) 

l

43 minutes ago, J@mes said:

This is probably a silly question, can you tell the difference between an XB and something a regular joe assembled? (If it wasn’t in the XB box how would you know?) 

I have no idea!! I think XBs are usually painted and decalled to a fairly high standard and will come with the correct Tamiya electronics. Still have plastic bushings though!

This one has taken a beating but I can see that the original job was good. I didn’t pay over the odds for it - otherwise I would be really hacked off. 

6 hours ago, J@mes said:

Everyone I have had, has been at least 15% faster out the box than a self build kit. 

:P

• Haha 2

This. NIB, my first-ever purchase thru the TC trades section. Thanks to the  careful seller's packaging skills, it arrived unscathed despite DHL's best efforts to the contrary. Very happy with this transaction. 

_20190314_202011.JPG

• Like 3

Finally some items arrived!

3 battery boxes with velcro straps, fits 2S and 3S Lipos.
And 2 mr. Bean figures. :lol:

oDBTxfr.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got my yeah racing aluminum front knuckles for my egress I ordered today. Just waiting on the kit and rear set now

On 3/12/2019 at 10:11 PM, bjorklo said:

Got some green stuff today. 

IMG_20190312_211151_zpsilfctjfo.jpg

Where did you find those beauties? 

13 minutes ago, svenb said:

Where did you find those beauties? 

On the almighty eBay

I always thought M06's motor was buried in too deep... None of the heatsinks would work for this.  

5u5A4LU.jpg

I could either do a ghetto-mod (using aluminum tapes cut in pieces), or this.   

q8ZkQa6.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Some servo savers and wheels and tires. 

IMG_20190314_220634_zpsakmlyffm.jpg

I keep seeing these Hi-Torque servo savers pop up, I take it they are much preferred over the standard kit included ones? 

Not sure if it's just me but the kit servo savers seem to slip from the intended position on the steering and go out of whack at the slightest nudge. I think all my servo's are 25T at the moment.

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

I always thought M06's motor was buried in too deep... None of the heatsinks would work for this.  

5u5A4LU.jpg

q8ZkQa6.jpg

I reckon any metal part that is in contact with the motor will give you some kind of heat transfer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

5u5A4LU.jpg

q8ZkQa6.jpg

A good choice. I fitted one to my M-06 a few weeks ago and it went in with no issues. It works pretty well as a heatsink too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I reckon any metal part that is in contact with the motor will give you some kind of heat transfer?

For that reason, I intend to take the motor plate off.  So it will contact metal to metal.  

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

A good choice. I fitted one to my M-06 a few weeks ago and it went in with no issues. It works pretty well as a heatsink too.

Back in 2000 or so, I got some aluminum parts from Hong Kong.  The screw holes were off a bit, so it was useless.  So it's a relief to hear that it had no issues.  Come to think of it... I would normally ask if it fits or not.  Not having asked probably means I've seen yours and subconsciously known that it would work?  

18 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I keep seeing these Hi-Torque servo savers pop up, I take it they are much preferred over the standard kit included ones? 

Not sure if it's just me but the kit servo savers seem to slip from the intended position on the steering and go out of whack at the slightest nudge. I think all my servo's are 25T at the moment.

That's what happened to my old one. 

My opinion is that they are much better, than standard. 

• Thanks 1

A 3S lipo, and a new dual motor speed controller.

XtJ6xIG.jpg

All goodies to put into the Tamiya-Marui BullClod Big Bear. :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ray_ve said:

A 3S lipo, and a new dual motor speed controller

That'll work 👍