backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

13 hours ago, Truck Norris said:

A few bits this week. Bodies are another Impreza 08 and another Clio. Pin Vise with 1mm and 0.5mm bits. The small Ersatzteille pack is a couple of 4x5mm flanged tubes - the last pieces in the puzzle for my TA-02W build. Batteries were a Tamico freebie.

goodies-21st-mar-2019.jpg

A Clio shell?? Did it cost an arm or a leg?

Nice haul ;)

A great trip to tonys tamiya parts to collect an order.

Reefer trailer.

Semi trailer light set.

4×4 driver figure

Truck driver figure

IMG_20190322_183937.jpg

IMG_20190322_184014.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, topforcein said:

what do you do with all this stuff you buy esp the shells do you buy them to sell or are they for customers

Some I keep just for the collection, some I buy with the intention of building at some point, some just because they are getting scarce and I will either build for myself, use for a customer build, or sell on at some point. The Impreza body and TT-02 chassis here are specifically for a customer, the Clio was a good price (see below).

5 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

A Clio shell?? Did it cost an arm or a leg?

Nice haul ;)

£42 delivered from The States (no duty) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-FF03-RC-Body-Set-Renault-Clio-TAM84144/202486977855

There seems to be a lot over there. Makes sense as the actual Clio was never sold in The US so limited appeal for that body. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Truck Norris said:

Some I keep just for the collection, some I buy with the intention of building at some point, some just because they are getting scarce and I will either build for myself, use for a customer build, or sell on at some point. The Impreza body and TT-02 chassis here are specifically for a customer, the Clio was a good price (see below).

£42 delivered from The States (no duty) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-FF03-RC-Body-Set-Renault-Clio-TAM84144/202486977855

There seems to be a lot over there. Makes sense as the actual Clio was never sold in The US so limited appeal for that body. 

Noooooooo you'll be hearing from my other half if this lands on my doorstep in 7-10 days!

Makes perfect sense.... it even has the bonnet vent thing right? 

Edit : Yikes.... 245mm wheelbase! Good thing I spotted that lol ;)

I'll settle for seeing yours finished on here.

21 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Nicole??

Pappa! 

• Haha 2

A lovely Lada body from kamtec and some wonderfully tasteless and vibrant paint. Time for something a bit weird! 

grgdNB0.jpg

gyauyYi.jpg

• Like 4

A step closer to finishing my stalled M04 Giulia build.. with thanks to TTP.

E76DFE23-C4A6-472B-AFDE-AD58AD777F63.jpg

• Like 1

These rare things:)...

20190325_195418 20190325_195441

and this:blink:

20190325_164740

But its been built.....gutted!.:(.but its been done good:D

20190325_164933

.but not box art....

20190325_164914 20190325_164905

Jus need the unbuilt one now:rolleyes:...

• Like 4

An aftermarket McLaren M23 shell arrived today:

295crux.jpg

I had plans to paint it up as a privateer entry, and convert the 1976-spec shell to a 1973-spec one. The latter may require more cutting and scratch-building than I anticipated (including, possibly, exhaust pipes), but I hope to make an attempt.

After seeing that the seller issued me two sets of Marlboro-McLaren decals, though, it is almost a shame they will go unused... Well, they may appear somewhere else, but I cannot imagine where at the moment.

The shell came with a pair of rear-view mirrors, an odd-looking driver head, and a cheap wing stay. The wing mirrors are definitely inaccurate, but again may find use somewhere else. I can chop up the wing stay for another F1-related project, too.

The helmet, though...

wwb6gl.jpg

I guess I took Tamiya quality for granted, though I had no intention of using this one for the shell, anyway.

Curiously, there is no back-plate, so the helmet is hollow. But maybe if I built one, and a tiny wire cage:

872618782-minnesota-wild-v-toronto-maple

Now THERE'S a scratch-building project:

672738114-washington-capitals-v-toronto-

But overall, I am content with the new McLaren shell!

• Like 1

Bearings for the reefer trailer  from rc bearings. Surprised to see they dont send out a sticker anymore

1553598698550-1390790754.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, evssv69 said:

and this:blink:

20190325_164740

But its been built.....gutted!.:(.but its been done good:D

20190325_164933

.but not box art....

20190325_164914 20190325_164905

Jus need the unbuilt one now:rolleyes:...

I had this when I was young. So are the Tamiya Ford Ranger, Chevy Pick Up, Toyota Hi-Lux and Nissan Safari. Love these mini-4WD.

Although the problem with the Ford & Chevy pick ups were the materials Tamiya used for the wheels. They broke easily because of the brittle plastic. They improved the non-breakable plastic it on the Range Rover, Hi-Lux & Safari.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

I had this when I was young. So are the Tamiya Ford Ranger, Chevy Pick Up, Toyota Hi-Lux and Nissan Safari. Love these mini-4WD.

Although the problem with the Ford & Chevy pick ups were the materials Tamiya used for the wheels. They broke easily because of the brittle plastic. They improved the non-breakable plastic it on the Range Rover, Hi-Lux & Safari.

I have the ranger and nissan both unbuilt in very clean boxes:D.....but still looking for that Chevy🤔 ...and nissan.....i did find a Chevy but it was a  crazy 3 figure sum they wanted☹

QhwuHjx.jpg

Postman brought a hardcase for my softcase 3S lipo, battery straps, 2 18T brass pinions for the Dual Hunter gearboxes.
And picked up a Clod chassis for spares.

• Like 2

No idea why I bought this as I have one already, right time, right place? Right amount of beverages?! 

47479012311_b98fde08dd_b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

GPM aluminum steering upgrade for the CC01 and the 850 size to complete the bearing set.

P1150170.thumb.JPG.3899467e40aeaf4907423732887b8c58.JPG

7 hours ago, max69vk said:

No idea why I bought this as I have one already, right time, right place? Right amount of beverages?! 

47479012311_b98fde08dd_b.jpg

Browsing ebay after one to many is bad news..... 🍻🤤😁🤣