backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A piece of 3mm thick carbon plate. I'm going to attempt to make some shock towers for my TA07 and if it works then I will decide whether to order more in 2.25mm and try to make a chassis plate as well, or just order the Exotek RS7 upgrade.

• Like 1

A paint pen arrived yesterday but I got home from work far too late to try it and as the evening had been set aside to write out our wedding invitations it would have been a poor call to start my tyre lettering. 

So tonight home at a sensible time, finish the invites and maybe I’ll test drive the new paint pen 😉

On 4/1/2019 at 7:52 AM, Truck Norris said:

A pack of these, which I'd not seen before, I think they're new? Will come in handy next time I do an expensive vintage body.

bravery-pills.jpg

I really AM going to need some of these after receiving this controlfreax RS200 shell

ABDB3FBE-CE98-441B-8E4C-6B914DBC53CD.jpg
9A372052-15A5-4BCF-9F8A-D6C5DF3A0D2E.jpg
A4D646CD-6F56-44B2-8F85-D6EE9E6F963E.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I noticed "for 1/16 cars" after ordering 4 smaller shocks.  Better than friction shocks, but they are anemic indeed.  For $7 per pair, these are not too bad.  But I'll have to order bigger CVA mini.   

It took super-human will power not to order them in orange.  If I can overcome that urge, I can do anything!   

upYbdb3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Received some free stickers from Big Squid RC for a question I submitted to "Ask Cubby".  Happy to add these to the RC Car Action stickers I received years ago for a "Readers' Rides" submission.

IMG_3941.JPG

• Like 3

These came today... 

IMG_20190405_074146.thumb.jpg.d910660db8bb5fafbc1f2a9e29bb28ac.jpg

IMG_20190405_074332.thumb.jpg.051f1ffc2febce9cf1137d371a8b2694.jpg

While I picked this up last Wednesday at a LHS. 

IMG_20190404_153007.thumb.jpg.baeddc0b67703c2c3696904c033a8db5.jpg

14 hours ago, Juggular said:

I noticed "for 1/16 cars" after ordering 4 smaller shocks.  Better than friction shocks, but they are anemic indeed.  For $7 per pair, these are not too bad.  But I'll have to order bigger CVA mini.   

It took super-human will power not to order them in orange.  If I can overcome that urge, I can do anything!   

upYbdb3.jpg

Might be good for lighter buggies. I am pretty sure @Pintopoweruses 1/16th shocks on his Hornet and grasshopper buggies. 

• Like 1

Reunited after 32 years, the Lunchbox and I :wub: 

LUNCHBOX

plus a runner shell. The wheels are for her pink Unimog. 

LUNCHBOX

if anyone knows where I can get the CW-01 Unimog m parts I would be grateful 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Might be good for lighter buggies. I am pretty sure @Pintopoweruses 1/16th shocks on his Hornet and grasshopper buggies. 

Actually, that's a good idea.  I should look that up. 

Some required items today. New hobbywing 10bl120 ESC and sensor lead for the TRF211. The battery short circuit incident a couple week back did fry the ESC and also melted the sensor lead too unfortunately. Cue a tonne of soldering swapping all the plugs over and adding the 5mm bullets for the new graphene battery. Annoying I didn't spot they are 5mm as all my other shorties are 4mm but I had already ditched the box and wrapping and soldered a deans plug to the charge leads before I twigged. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Some required items today. New hobbywing 10bl120 ESC and sensor lead for the TRF211. The battery short circuit incident a couple week back did fry the ESC and also melted the sensor lead too unfortunately. Cue a tonne of soldering swapping all the plugs over and adding the 5mm bullets for the new graphene battery. Annoying I didn't spot they are 5mm as all my other shorties are 4mm but I had already ditched the box and wrapping and soldered a deans plug to the charge leads before I twigged. 

I'm fairly sure you can get 4-5mm bullet adaptors.

Hurrah! My windscreen cage [from China] for the Defender finally arrived today:

i-jtPX3Bk-XL.jpg

Which was the perfect excuse to embark on a few other mods too:

Jenny x

6 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

I'm fairly sure you can get 4-5mm bullet adaptors.

Now you tell me! 😉 Might get some to allow multiple choice on the batteries. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Now you tell me! 😉 Might get some to allow multiple choice on the batteries. Thanks. 

I got adapters in the box with the lipos from hobbyking, cheap enough though.

Postie been busy the past few days...

Dreading the credit card bill 😳😬

2019-04-04_09-12-44

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

I got adapters in the box with the lipos from hobbyking, cheap enough though.

Oh! I thought they were the battery plugs. I have soldered my ESC leads to those. Live and learn! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Oh! I thought they were the battery plugs. I have soldered my ESC leads to those. Live and learn! 

I did exactly the same!! 😂

Hold them with pliers, Heat them up (I used a blow torch) quick flick ,and all good 😏

• Haha 1

Finally my Blackfoot arrived after what seems likes weeks but it has only been 4 days in reality..... in RC terms though that is torture!

It's not really a Blackfoot though as it has been painted blue... which I like... and the yellow wheels are painted silver.... previously built and run by previous owner it is in very good condition.

I have spent the best part of an hour just glancing at it sat on it's own box and I must say this is one fine looking Truck... and the Box Art is making me want a black one wit yellow wheels now to partner up!

It came with a new silvercan, TBLE02S, brass pinion, Futaba servo fitted and a Traxxas 2.4G radio set.

When I installed it all I found the throttle settings were reversed... but did not know how to reverse it on the TX as there are no switches..... so a quick Youtube hunt later and I found it,  the instructor in the video was about 10 years old.... not my proudest moment taking instructions from a little tyke,  but that boy is my hero and he done good, so I liked his video with a thumbs up!

1ygO6NF.jpg

fgfd8zL.jpg

TxKhuu3.jpg

1) The battery tray release clip...... you're telling me you have to pinch that rock hard white clip with your finger tips to release it.. seriously?!

2) Is it supposed to have side windows??

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

1) The battery tray release clip...... you're telling me you have to pinch that rock hard white clip with your finger tips to release it.. seriously?!

2) Is it supposed to have side windows??

1 no, just pull from the knob end.

2 no, just screen and rear window.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@Jason1145 That looks fantastic! Truck bug bite hard then? 

Yeah I think I'm back into trucks now... no more on road cars for a little while except the ones I already have stored away.... trucks can actually drive on the grass down the park ;)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, graemevw said:

1 no, just pull from the knob end.

2 no, just screen and rear window.

Thank you good to know, I'm positive the box art shows a reflection on the side window but that must be inaccurate then.