backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 4/4/2019 at 8:58 AM, Grumpy pants said:

A paint pen arrived yesterday but I got home from work far too late to try it and as the evening had been set aside to write out our wedding invitations it would have been a poor call to start my tyre lettering. 

So tonight home at a sensible time, finish the invites and maybe I’ll test drive the new paint pen 😉

Just saying... if you used tires instead of cards for the invitations, you could get both done at the same time. 

• Haha 1

@Jason1145 that Blackfoot looks awesome. I had the same thought about getting a box art BF, and a ranger body and a monster beetle and a ...etc :lol:

post bought me... diff cups! 

• Like 3

Tires and inserts for the M-07R, ordered Monday afternoon from HK and arrived within 5 days!

M07-R - Tires

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

The battery tray release clip...... you're telling me you have to pinch that rock hard white clip with your finger tips to release it.. seriously?!

Yep, (same as the frog) but don't worry, it'll get easier and easier, right upto the point, that it'll fall out on the run and drag the battery behind 🤬

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Yep, (same as the frog) but don't worry, it'll get easier and easier, right upto the point, that it'll fall out on the run and drag the battery behind 🤬

Great can't wait lol, thanks @J@mes and about the BF... not sure if it's normal but there is 1mm of play on the front wheel axles.

Even with the wheel lock nut is tightened all the way down to the end of the threads the wheel can still slide left and right about 1mm on the axle?

To fix it I used 3 x 0.3mm shims placed on the axle before the wheel slides on, the front wheels are now wobble free.

Next on the BF I tightened down a zip tie cable over the stock servo saver to try and stop the front wheel wobble, seems to have helped the when driving in reverse.

Lastly BF related, refreshed my memory on the table-02s, set to brushed mode and will run Nimh batteries but also2s lipo with an external Lviv alarm due to not having lvc for lipo!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I used one of those brass bearings on the front wheels to cut the movement out. I have a set of frog hex adapters on the back, a good option for the BF& MB imo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SurreyDad said:

Tires and inserts for the M-07R, ordered Monday afternoon from HK and arrived within 5 days!

M07-R - Tires

I'm still waiting for mine from a recent order from a UK supplier :-(. But I'm not in a rush so never mind. Just feel a bit green seeing yours!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

I'm still waiting for mine from a recent order from a UK supplier :-(. But I'm not in a rush so never mind. Just feel a bit green seeing yours!!

Oh dear, sorry about that :-) I was amazed at the speed of delivery, its quicker than the motor I've ordered from within the UK.

30 minutes ago, SurreyDad said:

Oh dear, sorry about that :-) I was amazed at the speed of delivery, its quicker than the motor I've ordered from within the UK.

No worries, I'm enjoying the M0-7 build so I'm pleased you got them! Hope the motor turns up soon 

• Thanks 1

I've got triplets (Blitzers) Just finished my Stadium Thunder ( mini build in builds to be completed) and lo and behold the Royal Mail delivered a big brown box with @Hobgoblin's Stadium Blitzer and Beetle Blitzer that I bought off him last week. Sorry no picture as already dismantled Beetle and battery was flat in camera, am a happy Dad!!!

• Like 2

These to fit on my Top Force, also a spare Egress body for bashing around in.

20190408_170527.thumb.jpg.c30c64d3751b4e995831fe94a78eb7ea.jpg

• Like 4

A Lazer ZX body, wing, undertray and gear cover from Penguin.

A Super Hotshot body and wing, also from Penguin.

Picked up some paints from Euro Car Parts - PS-1 white, PS-13 gold, PS-30 brilliant blue and PS-31 smoke.

Oh and a 17 tooth pinion for my Boomerang from Tony's Tamiya Parts.

• Like 2

So family, decisions decisions... I’ve done this a multitude of ways ... I put the light weight counter shaft in the rear... due to the package instructing to put the one way in the rear I’ll move the light weight to the front... unless it’s recommended to run a one way in the front and the rear... idk.  As of now I am putting the (2) 15T which I assume would be best for top speed. So my 2 questions are 

any recommendations on pulley configuration?

and for top speed would I want larger or smaller pulleys ?

if this post is not appropriate here lmk I’m new ?

image.jpg

Finally got a nib Dyna Blaster to complete this part of my collection. I know I’m missing the saint dragon but I don’t what one. 

14F7F562-2D06-4CD3-A187-7C2C67B57717.jpeg

• Like 13

God that's an impressive collection! Absolutely adore the TR15-T, king cab and Dyna blaster close seconds.  I bet you're well chuffed :)

Yes quite happy. Funny thing is after I got the nib super astute it was only a week or two when the re-release was announced.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:10 AM, Jason1145 said:

Lastly BF related, refreshed my memory on the table-02s, set to brushed mode and will run Nimh batteries but also2s lipo with an external Lviv alarm due to not having lvc for lipo!

The way I believe to be correct👍🏻

You just have to keep an eye on the Tamiya plug with hotter motors as they can melt with a faster drain. 

• Like 1

Pretty good day today, trying to make these my last kits for a while so I went out with a bang.  Mountain Rider and Turbo Optima.  

• Like 2

My HCT turned up yesterday, very happy.

Will post a photo on Sunday when I next get a chance! 

Second part in my pink hop up hunt

_20190410_083044.JPG

• Like 2

A 3300mah battery arrived today so three boys (and their Dads) can go for a bash in the park next week. I already have two so it means A decent battery for each kid. I’ll try charging some of the used ones I have acquired along the way for a few minutes extra.

Got one Dual Hunter working at the moment so I need to get the other two going or switch in the WW2 for some wheelie fun.

Have another battery on order but it is due to be delivered to work while I’m off.

A shame I don’t have my XV-01T finished - unlikely to get it painted on Friday unless this weather holds...

any recommendations on pulley configuration? I have 15tx2 16tx2 17tx2 so I can do any combo. 

and for top speed would I want larger or smaller pulleys ? 

image.jpg

• Like 1