backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

This arrived today...

P1150211.thumb.JPG.1b69d85553a815732b6e7df13f4ad0e7.JPG

P1150212.thumb.JPG.85af39c48a80a376d7537dc1a7fc2c74.JPG

P1150213.thumb.JPG.dea09320a0dca9eefff5a09c1f93d04f.JPG

I finally have a battery to test out my car. Unfortunately I have to replace the ESC. It is grounded. :( 

Will visit my LHS tomorrow for a new ESC. **** these expenses never stop, do they?

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Will visit my LHS tomorrow for a new ESC. **** these expenses never stop, do they?

I know somebody who was having a real "crisis" through his midlife.  

Here is how I see it. 

If I don't spend money on RC, I'll be paying for some shrink's expensive chair.  Buying a convertible and driving around with a woman half my age would be more expensive too. Resulting divorce wouldn't be cheap either. Drinking heavily or abusing substance will cost a little of my life each time.  

So... considering what could happen to any one of us, a new ESC is really, really cheap. (...hmmm... I think I just convinced myself to order a couple more 1060 ESCs!) 

Life is short, have fun with a new ESC (and I don't mean "exotic sexy chick." That kind of ESC could make your life really short, if you have a wife like mine...)  

• Haha 4

My first Tamiya arrived! Not much but Im really excited, hopefully one of many other tamiyas to come (my wish list is filling at quite a pace)

469590A0-4662-421F-82B3-E73DC6C1D6DC.jpeg

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, Proxik said:

My first Tamiya arrived! Not much but Im really excited, hopefully one of many other tamiyas to come (my wish list is filling at quite a pace)

469590A0-4662-421F-82B3-E73DC6C1D6DC.jpeg

Your going to love that thing. I have a Racing Fighter DT03. It's a brilliant bit of kit, fast, tough and handles well. Fun to build too.

• Like 2

4 more pieces for the xv-01 my pulleys and my suspension mounts, just waiting on the axle shafts for the diffs and i can begin!

20190410_225851

• Like 5

Period correct shock tower for my “Edinger” RC10

• Like 2

The second battery I had ordered and the servo tester I wasn’t expecting for a while.

DAB71905-B2C0-4914-AE84-967F63FFCCA7.jpg

• Like 2

Two steel pinions for my TXT-2. I'm getting ever closer to starting this build.:)

• Like 3

Picked up the M-05 chassis.

Combined with a mini shell and wheels, and a small 4300KV brushless I still have somewhere, this should be a lot of fun! ^_^

RaANzwx.jpg

• Like 5

Lots of deliveries! 📦 

M01 Mini Cooper box, and separately a fully refurbished M01 chassis to go in it! Also an M03 shell in immaculate condition but with a bit of a Marmite paint job that may get stripped.

Also picked up a job lot of rock crawler parts, no idea what I’ll do with them but that metal cage got me intrigued!

33714816278_8a9ca21da0_b.jpg

• Like 5

Finally got my diff gear shafts in, so the XV-01 build can begin,  i got 2 more pieces coming (carbon reinfoced steering and battery cover and my kevlar belt but i can actually start my build thread proper :D

20190412_173337

• Like 2

This arrived a couple of days ago I thought it might help when I do the tyre lettering and then when I learn to solder £6.50 delivered 👍

EBE3CE84-580F-4358-AF5A-C5AB3292458D.thumb.jpeg.47e084d4869b99e4a4c59b55021ab989.jpeg

• Like 3

Some body pins. My second hand cars have come with a variety of homebrew methods for securing the shells - twisted wire, bent paperclips, etc. Now I have 50 clips to lose...

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Some body pins. My second hand cars have come with a variety of homebrew methods for securing the shells - twisted wire, bent paperclips, etc. Now I have 50 clips to lose...

Should last a week or two :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

@ThunderDragonCy put up the excellent thread about blockhead motors which inspired me for my next build. Then I found some stickers and I couldn’t resist... 

Blockheads merch

Spelling mistake (under the turtle) adds character

Next build will be a Lunchbox in the Tamiya red white and blue with some cool Blockhead inspiration :)

• Like 3

another piece of the XV-01 puzzle, a kevlar belt :)

20190415_185205

• Like 2

F103 wheels arrived today for the Shimizu 543 and 549 tyres for the recently acquired F103. I figure that the tyres that it came with are probably pretty brittle and won't last long so it was worth buying new ones. Now just need a new rx and we can run the F1 cars together.

• Like 3

Arrived this morning...

New PowerHD waterproof 20kg servo for my CC01 and extra dogbones.

P1150320.thumb.JPG.5ef279fb5e9d425cc26ff92bf117ac12.JPG

• Like 1

Since I lost a couple of my cheap £15 transmitters to damp and rain I splashed out on a water resistant "rugged" transmitter which arrived today. I'm hoping to get into crawling or more off road/mud/water/beach general difficult terrain and this should be perfect

g9F4Yxs.jpg

nT9iAjZ.jpg

It's a bit chunky compared to the turnigy I used in the interim (cheap, model memory and cheap Rx)  

B5Hy4x0.jpg

I love a pointless gimick, it has a special compartment for a wheel spanner :)

• Like 3

Yet another F350 body as I couldn’t bring myself to hack up the NIP one I’ve got or my Juggernaut shell - Satin black looks quite cool but I feel it should be something a bit more lairy. Also a vintage Pumpkin with chrome wheels, which I was going to repaint but the colour is growing on me

40657405343_b63a2eb05f_b.jpg

• Like 1

A 20T centre pulley for my TA07 to make the IR the same as the TA07MS. I read on rctech that someone had swapped from the 18T to 20T and temps dropped for them. I don't understand how and am very sceptical, but since it is $2 for 2 pulleys I though i would try. Tamiya must've changed to 1.85 from 2.05 for a reason right? I would have thought that you still need the same FDR so bigger centre pulley means bigger spur or smaller pinion and the same net result right? Anyway, I will try. I need to book in an onroad race meet as I haven't been for ages.

Also some more Yeah Racing wheel hexes - yes silver again as I couldn't bring myself to pay the extra dollar for blue ones