backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

The model canoe I scored on eBay for a really good price showed up today.  It's 16" long and made of wood.  It fits perfectly on top of my Defender roof! 

40679654233_010dc0b6a2_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

33768880078_612e252d10_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

33768880088_6dce85d32d_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 12

On 4/18/2019 at 4:06 AM, Juggular said:

In the end, I went with Violet Blue (PS35).  For some reason, violet-blue felt "cleaner" to me.  And it's a shade brighter than PS4.  What's odd about color is that what looks good today might look terrible tomorrow.  In while, I might say "what on earth was I thinking?"  kCaGiac.jpg

Awesome color choice, looks much better than the boxart blue. Unfortunately, you've got to always at least build one boxart example first before you can change colors or modify the chassis... Well... Ok, maybe YOU don't, but I do :D

• Haha 1

A couple bits over the last week or so, some new radio's, new tyre decals and some spare Clod wheels

Q8GYmcM.jpg

The wheels needed a quick coat of white primer just to freshen up, pity one wheel has some damaged knobs on the hub but it might hold up

5M9wCvD.jpg

KROEHWz.jpg

• Like 3

This little gem turned up last week, new built and RTR 👍

Straight onto a shelf for another day to tinker with-

FD3B6619-206B-4DC4-82E0-F128D25FD550.jpeg

• Like 10

Arrived today thanks to @OCD

Possibly the final hop up part needed😀

Don't really want to open it! 

_20190420_234414.JPG

• Thanks 1

got my spacers so i can finally move on with the kit

20190422_174835

Today's arrivals for the CC01 project...

- 60A Waterproof brushed ESC from GoolRC bundled with 27t motor

- 55t brushed motor

- LED light set

P1150324.thumb.JPG.5cb4f06b7e076943b952d1193d8c8255.JPG

P1150326.thumb.JPG.6b4f515b16bc084b403a5eba5eb2c9c2.JPG

• Like 2

A Reds Racing VX 21.5T motor. The onroad club I (haven't been to since last year) race at decided to use the NZRCA spec motor for 21.5T touring. I was annoyed as I had just bought a Trinity Monster Max which is a far better motor, but ended up selling that for what I paid for it and that paid for the Reds motor. They wouldn't let me enter otherwise. There is a meet late in May which i should be able to get to

• Like 2

@Jonathon Gillham Motor switch is a bit inconvenient but I have to say that from the outside looking in the whole spec motor racing thing is a bit ridiculous with how much you have to spend to tune the motors. I think I would be much happier knowing everyone was using the same motor personally. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@Jonathon Gillham Motor switch is a bit inconvenient but I have to say that from the outside looking in the whole spec motor racing thing is a bit ridiculous with how much you have to spend to tune the motors. I think I would be much happier knowing everyone was using the same motor personally. 

Yeah I agree with that, motor wars are mental, and expensive. It will be interesting to see how it is with everyone equal, last time I was there some people were stupidly fast on the straights. The other bonus, to be made the spec motor the supplier had to keep the price down, so NZD110 compared to USD99 from amain for the same motor

• Like 2

Been a bit quiet on the delivery front, with more cars & bits being sold than bought. These pair of motors turned up though to pep up my modified Clod project - Nosram SS3 23x2 Tornado motors, apparently fixed 0 timing (found nothing to confirm this 100%)  but they do look it when checking the end bell markings.

40719514523_bd04fbb3aa_b.jpg

• Like 2

One of those "wasn't looking for one but couldn't resist the chance" purchases...

re82YrkuFKhq_9Rdah5aK-cJibySdvyJjg4Jw_PI

Is in fairly decent shape at first glance. Needs a bit of a clean and a set of bearings.

Tyres feel a bit stiff so will be on the lookout for another set of wheels that I can fit alternative tyres to.

What wheels fit these?

• Like 11

4 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

@Peter_B

King cab, bush devil and super blackfoot use the same wheel in different colours. For non tamiya wheels hpi 2.2 truck super star mt. Hopefully others know more.

Do Blitzer and Mad Bull wheels fit? Is the front a long axle bearing mount and 12mm hex rear? 

Nothing Tamiya but 100 nitrile O-Rings from Simply Bearings for the Cat's crashback system. The Schumacher ones do seem to perish really quickly (as the car is kept out in the garage) so hopefully these will last longer. Exactly the same diameter but a little thinner and easier to put on. Three of them feel the same tension as the originals but there is room for four if need be. Way cheaper to, £11.39 for the 100 delivered verses £1.95 for 3 of the Schumacher originals. 

2mm section 27.5 Bore Nitrile 70 rubber O-Rings - Pack Size - Pack of 100

Postman delivered a 2nd hand Blackfoot shell :D

SBF

edit: this is a Super Blackfoot 😀

SBF shell

• Like 2

And this morning I took a stroll to collect a TBLM10.5T but had to pay the customs charges.

10.5T

Nice detail on the shaft! 

• Like 2

the final (lol who am i kidding......) car for my 4WD collection from start to Fire Dragon.

Thanks to forum member @Hudson for parting with it. Posted all the way from France to me in Belfast.

2019-04-26_05-48-29

• Like 5

This arrived yesterday...

A dedicated battery for the CC01. I also replaced the plug to deans.

P1150337.thumb.JPG.823fc90973231ff8f00380d68cb9b681.JPG

P1150339.thumb.JPG.35ed99d63cd0ee71df20f52407f21394.JPG

• Like 1