backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

My plan to reduce the number of models I own doesn’t appear to be working as an M04 & Super Hornet have joined the fold!

46795768875_1190637f6a_b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Nothing impressive today but crucial.  Now I can mount the Bronco body on my CC01.  Also got some TA06 diff gaskets for the XV01.

Z33V0fP.jpg

• Like 1

The thrust bearing for the F103 wheels and more importantly a new aerial for the Futaba receiver that had one ripped off. Good to know that aerials have plugs and you can replace them, so a $2.40 aerial saved a $120 receiver. It works and everything. I was talking about ordering the aerial to a guy at my club who recently switched from Futaba to Sanwa and he pulled out a bag of receivers and handed me one with a broken aerial, so I can get that going too. I like having spare receivers but also can't help but think they need cars go go in...

Both parts are for my sons F103 so we can finally take that for a test run

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Good to know that aerials have plugs and you can replace them

That is good to know.  I wouldn't have thought of that.  I'd probably chuck it in the bin and buy another without even considering you can replace it since so much these days is designed that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blista said:

That is good to know.  I wouldn't have thought of that.  I'd probably chuck it in the bin and buy another without even considering you can replace it since so much these days is designed that way.

It gets better - I went to order another for the other rx and figured why not order 2 so I have a spare. It turns out you can buy 5 for the price of 2. They just have a little plug and look to be universal amongst all the brands as well.

• Like 1

More ideas = more wheels! Not sure if these are Taisan or Zakspeed kit 2 piece wheels? The minilites are HPI and bigger than the M03 versions I originally thought they were

40773957983_8a56fd28d5_b.jpg

Got a bunch of good things.

Thanks to MCI Racing for some alternate decals: a Mampi Ford Capri, D&W Auto Ford Capri, a Silk Cut Jag, plus a few others to fit the 1/10 bodies. Also have coming the Castrol Honda Accord to fit the FF-03 stock version.

Decals.jpg.619782a483a5db32b5fd0f85146b0155.jpg

Plus the Capri kit and bodies:

Capri.jpg.fb4e8aa540b5c3a59762b349cc13cc53.jpg

A 156 Alfa. Probably my top five favorites for boxart, but I think if the real car had one tire up like this, it'd probably quickly need a repair.

Alfa.jpg.3f05e219fc08a418ef775ae27d12ce7a.jpg

Daytona Thunder

Daytona.jpg.f44afceb138a14b62c66f8273adca5f8.jpg

of course, the Dyna tech motor!

01R.jpg.543bc72d5d84dc5b6cf9d925ee2e8b96.jpg

• Like 9

On 4/30/2019 at 8:26 PM, Zxkuqyb said:

of course, the Dyna tech motor!

01R.jpg.543bc72d5d84dc5b6cf9d925ee2e8b96.jpg

I remember when I upgraded my motor from Kyosho Le Mans 480T to Dynatech 01R in 1990. Was so excited and happy that day.

• Like 1

Over the last few days I have expanded my tools / materials stock level with some modelling supplies –

2028C8C4-5633-4E68-ADC4-C9B5EA6382A0.jpg

Styrene sheets, strips and angle, small clamps, sanding blocks and extra sheets, spare X-acto blades, engineers square, helping hand and magnifier (not pictured)

I have so many ‘nearly there’ builds waiting for paint (XV-01T, Hornet, Chevy pick-up) that I have decided to go for a ‘slow build’ to try and develop some skills over an extended period of time.

I‘ve also got some ‘dream builds’ I would like to attempt  to start / finish but put off for fear of failure. These include my wife’s Mini (chassis is nearly there), a diorama for my desk at work, a custom Brat (I’m part way through refurbing the vintage chassis) and my Mini Recon.

I predict a slow summer….

• Like 4

First step of my new build arrived today. Small things, but very  important ;)

I guess the rest will arrive before the weekend :)

Hex adapters.jpg

• Like 2

Bits for my ongoing Pink Peppa Pig Lunchbox

GURV2eY.jpg

And a lovely radio from @ThunderDragonCy  thanks pal, this will come in handy down the line just not sure what for yet lol, and it's good for one handed driving which is a bonus ;p

KUfGg93.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A lovely carbon fibre transmission mounting plate for my Monster Racer. To replace the original FRP one that is a bit scratched and scuffed.

• Like 3

CVDs for the dump truck 

GPM GF01

Last time I ran it was Worthing beach & it spat a dog bone out & it was lost. Managed to find the cup although I have some reinforced ones for an all round upgrade :D

• Like 2

I got this original Opel Ascona body set for a great price on ebay, and i don't think i've been so happy to see the postman for quite a while... I've been after one of these for a long time. It didnt have its original bag, but no matter, its already being built.

DSC_5098.JPG

DSC_5100.JPG

• Like 5

On 4/30/2019 at 11:44 AM, max69vk said:

More ideas = more wheels! Not sure if these are Taisan or Zakspeed kit 2 piece wheels? The minilites are HPI and bigger than the M03 versions I originally thought they were

40773957983_8a56fd28d5_b.jpg

Those are from the 49400 30th Anniversary Porsche 934. They are 24mm wide compared to the 26mm and 30mm for the Taisan/Capri wheels.

1 hour ago, Truck Norris said:

Those are from the 49400 30th Anniversary Porsche 934. They are 24mm wide compared to the 26mm and 30mm for the Taisan/Capri wheels.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering why the wide rear tyres looked so bulbous when they were fitted. Not really an issue as they should hopefully give the right look for Street scorcher I’m attempting to build.

10 hours ago, Klausen said:

Today’s arrival from Modelsport and Tamico.

BDF26A1D-B7A5-4161-9E27-1DA38B9E5AAA.jpeg

What are the wheels going on? They're 2.2 yes?

4 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

What are the wheels going on? They're 2.2 yes?

Yes 2.2 wheels from JC. They will be for some Optima/Optima Mid builds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, junkmunki said:

I got this original Opel Ascona body set for a great price on ebay, and i don't think i've been so happy to see the postman for quite a while... I've been after one of these for a long time. It didnt have its original bag, but no matter, its already being built.

DSC_5098.JPG

DSC_5100.JPG

Nice to see vintage original parts which are going to be used for the intended purpose !

Please post up pics of the completed model.

Hey Tamiybigstuff, 

It was with a feeling of dread that i started cutting the body shell.... But i need to replace the tatty one on my car, so needs must...