backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Some upgrades for my CC-01:

Rear suspension link, aluminum shock and suspension link mount, servo mount, bead-lock metal wheels.

FKggULlh.jpg

Also bought these for spares and upgrade for my FF03.

JT9mm4Mh.jpg

• Like 3

And one for my sons ... :D. You always have to be fair ... . But they already noticed that one inside looks much better. Hehe.

IMG_20190521_073944.jpg

• Like 5

IMG_8075.jpg

Real spur of the moment thing. I've had probably over 20 Sand scorchers over the years but never actually built one from NIB. OK its only a rerelease but still far more excited than I should be. Funnily enough, got it through ebay, found it decided it was the one to get, and then realised it was from one of the first 50 people to sign up from Tamiyaclub back in 2002!

• Like 9

Had new DT-03 Chassis delivered yesterday as the day before the first run of the season - the below occurred - although I suspect it might have been partially damaged last season ….

152471135_BrokenDT-03T.jpg.bf6bf0753666841157d9579ac175585b.jpg

1 minute ago, gizard said:

Had new DT-03 Chassis delivered yesterday as the day before the first run of the season - the below occurred - although I suspect it might have been partially damaged last season ….

Oh dear. I suspect that the alloy arms may have also had a role to play...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gizard said:

All that aluminum makes your chassis the weak point. Keep a close eye one the new one.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday a couple of sets of parts to build 2 Manta Ray gear diffs arrived.

These are destined to be fitted into my Top Force before the Iconic Revival.

Not for any performance reasons but just to guard against the ball diffs grenading themselves on the day :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Biz73 said:

All that aluminum makes your chassis the weak point. Keep a close eye one the new one.

well 4 & 6 yo playing as well! - got it all back together - it was going really well too.... but now I need at least one upright possibly 2 …. are any of the alloy ones better I appear to have bent 1701167405_dt-03tupright.jpg.89909872d855330078291f70bd5d8a33.jpgthe steel shaft but not broken the plastic part.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gizard said:

well 4 & 6 yo playing as well! - got it all back together - it was going really well too.... but now I need at least one upright possibly 2 …. are any of the alloy ones better I appear to have bent 1701167405_dt-03tupright.jpg.89909872d855330078291f70bd5d8a33.jpgthe steel shaft but not broken the plastic part.....

Which car is that from ?

Looks familiar, think I have some spares.

Got 2 core rc metal gear 9k servos one for the monster beetle and the other for the blitzer beetle, I've always found that the core rc servo has been very reliable and good value for money!

This should help my Bronco get over obstacles a bit easier.

DxAtCp3.jpg

• Like 1

"Six wheels on my wagon and I'm still rolling along"!!!!! It arrived. If only the British post was this quick. Paid for cheapest delivery option and it still came by airmail.

image.jpeg.f6ba55da27c8ac36d530e14b6c99568f.jpeg

image.jpeg.2a02188b0ec8ab349fc689a9b0f356f0.jpeg

now all all I need is bearings, on their way, 6 sensible wheels and tyres( probably get 8) so it can have spares stowed on it and then I think a Unimog body. I've come to the conclusion it's the wheels that are all wrong. The body isn't brilliant but to me the wheels just don't work.

• Like 1

A bunch of stuff for my offroad racers. Tyres, wheels, pinions and new steering knuckles to replace the ones my son broke on my Lazer. I have high hopes for this sunday, which means it will rain 

• Like 1

Some wires and connectors for my pajero rewire. I can't abide standard wire after moving to silicone so it's all getting changed. I also need quite a long lead on a battery connector so it was easier to make my own. 

pmdHAS1.jpg

This win off ebay. Quite a low bid, but won it. 

20190530_172616

Its very very well used, but not abused. Pre-loved i think i'll say. Has all original radio gear and MSC so that will all be replaced. After being slightly disappointed with the DF01 experirnce last time around, now i run lipo and know about the gearing i want to give this chassis type another go. Got bearings, ta02 high speed gearset, 24t pinion, manta ray motor plate and steel prop shaft set and some red o rings ordered. Going to pop a 13.5 brushless in it, and i have gearing options or 7 or 6.7 with the hop up parts. Bit of a light refresh, see how i like it then think about a new shell. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 12:30 PM, gizard said:

Just Wow....

I knew nylon parts were strong, but that's unexpected.  

I've seen an aluminum spur gear for Grasshopper/Lunchbox.  Didn't get it, because I suspected the original nylon gears were stronger.  Your picture confirms it.  

Received some spur gears, motor heatsinks and fans, and some power analyzers today.  The analyzers show minimum voltage, maximum current, and maximum power for 5-40 V and 0-180 A.  Very handy for seeing what happened after a speed run... 

5 hours ago, Juggular said:

Just Wow....

I knew nylon parts were strong, but that's unexpected.  

I've seen an aluminum spur gear for Grasshopper/Lunchbox.  Didn't get it, because I suspected the original nylon gears were stronger.  Your picture confirms it.  

Bizarre isn't it the other one is bent too but still firmly wedged into the nylon part - the front of the DT-03t they came off was reasonably heavy with lots of Alloy so I wonder it had an effect on hitting particularly sharp bumps etc. 

• Like 1

My vintage Kyosho Bettle arrived last night which I have been looking forward too a lot.

Looks to be mostly complete and in pretty good shape, but unfortunately the new body shell has a score along the roof which is disappointing ☹️

• Like 1

Clodbuster delivered today, a surprising eBay deal. Broken chassis and a missing battery holder. Surprisingly, the body is in really good shape (rollbar isn't). It's been rolled, but I suspect someone had one big wreck with a broken chassis and put it up for good (I hope). It still has the original manual speed control.

I'll have to dig in before ordering spare parts and bearings.

Ku5hEec.jpg

7PxSQxC.jpg

• Like 6

An ESC for my Procat, went for the X-Car 120A in the end mostly based on price Vs the amount of racing I do (i.e. I don't race much so not worth spending big on the ESC at this stage).

A couple of Bluebird BMS-621DMG servos, one for the Procat the other for spare/future use.

A programming card for use with the ESC.

Some 3.5mm bullet connectors to try to see if they could be used as alternatives to the Speed Passion ones.

Some new ball sockets for the Procat. Although being for the XLS re-re they look slightly smaller than the originals. So I might have slipped up there.

1 minute ago, Peter_B said:

Some 3.5mm bullet connectors to try to see if they could be used as alternatives to the Speed Passion ones. 

Let me know how that goes. Would be good to have an option.