backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

2 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Let me know how that goes. Would be good to have an option.

Will do. At first glance it looks promising.

I'm hoping the female connector will mesh nicely with the SP motors. If it does then I'm hoping I can solder the male connectors to the tabs on my non-SP motors so I can swap motors without having to resolder.

• Like 1

Lots more colourful WR02 parts, I’m a bit surprised that the main chassis & chassis parts are 2 different shades of red though 

47992554926_8471fbb067_b.jpg

• Like 3

Been out of the hobby for a bit (life) but trying to claw my way back in with a new Craigslist find:

AfOJil9.jpg

QGnmP4M.jpglUZa4EE.jpg

And a bonus Terra Crusher roller:

9TqRkBg.jpg

All for $165 which I think was a good deal.  My first nitro.  Engine looks clean as a whistle as far as I can tell.  Can't get the head off though and really don't want to damage the screws.  Will be starting a thread in the "Builds" section to get some tips/advice.

• Like 4

Would have never bought a Mad Bull, but a 30 dollar ebay find seemed reasonable. Just needs new paint, bearings and one battery stay (A parts tree) which is discontinued AND is insanely overpriced on ebay.  I'll rig something up I guess :) .  

siut9JA.jpg

• Like 1

Got a 2nd hard Ferrari F1 312T3 body delivered today. Didn't realise that there were multiple versions of this car. The body I got was for the 58011 model when I really wanted the 49191 version :rolleyes:

But it will not go to waste, will work out a way to mount it on a shelf queen chassis.

It had a low starting bid and I was the only bidder, so no real harm done at the end of the day...Hopefully I wont start looking for a 58011 chassis to fit it.:D

More nerdy bits of metal arrived for my 2WD step-side build this weekend:

i-r7nKCf7-XL.jpg

i-35gFVgq-XL.jpg

Time to break out the spanners again!

Jenny x

• Like 5

The last of the electronics, some thermometers with remote sensors, showed up today for my TT02 speed run car.

The game plan:

• The LiPo will pass through a Lemonhobby 180A power analyzer and capture minimum voltage, maximum current, maximum power, and energy consumed for the system.
  • After the power analyzer, power will split between the ESC and a 6V/3A BEC.
  • The BEC will feed a 20A power analyzer to capture minimum voltage and maximum current of the downstream receiver, gyro, and servo.
  • I'll remove the BEC power wire from the ESC and just have signal and ground running to the radio receiver so it doesn't conflict with the external BEC.
  • The ESC BEC will probably power the motor cooling fan.
  • The ESC will have its phases and sensor wire connected to the motor.
  • Three thermometers will measure battery, ESC, and motor temperatures.
  • The GPS will capture top speed.

Hopefully I'll get some interesting data.  It's going to take some creative packaging to make it all fit.  ;)

IMG_4000.JPG

• Like 4

Some parts arrived. Fun fitting them tonight & Thursday. Front tonight, back tomorrow. 

48009945657_d07213f7db_b.jpg

• Like 1

Cougar arrived in under 24 hours from Modelsport.co.uk. Had been weighing up a Top Cat just for the inboard shocks but these are now only £20 more expensive.. Interested to see how the motor positions effect the handling plus being the genius I am I'll be using it on grass and dirt and not what it was designed for. 😏

DSC_0011

• Like 7

CW01 build done. 

CW01

I fitted the diff lock & trans brace this morning and had a little test drive indoors.  

CW01

It’s bonkers, somehow did a backflip off the fish tank cabinet & landed on its wheels. Looking forward to an out doors run so I can fine-tune the steering etc.

CW01

• Like 2

My Turnigy 6 channel tx / rx (rebadged Flysky GT5) plus two extra rx arrived today.

Very impressed after watching a few You Tube videos and reading the manual.

It seems far easier to customise settings than on my Tamco stick controller (for which you can no longer buy rx easily). 

I can see this becoming my default radio set for 'my' cars. 

On 6/6/2019 at 7:22 AM, Grotty Otty said:

Cougar arrived in under 24 hours from Modelsport.co.uk. Had been weighing up a Top Cat just for the inboard shocks but these are now only £20 more expensive.. Interested to see how the motor positions effect the handling plus being the genius I am I'll be using it on grass and dirt and not what it was designed for. 😏

DSC_0011

Lovely although I am biased based on having its dirt loving brother!

They go together beautifully. Well, at least the stage I’ve got to before putting it away to work on the house. Must get it back out. 

You building stock or have any alloy goodies made it into the purchase/build?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Lovely although I am biased based on having its dirt loving brother!

They go together beautifully. Well, at least the stage I’ve got to before putting it away to work on the house. Must get it back out. 

You building stock or have any alloy goodies made it into the purchase/build?!

All stock with a basic Radient Reaktor brushless set up. After much deliberation on whether to get a Top Cat (or an Astute or XV-01) I was intrigued by the multiple motor positions and their effect on handling. Should be somewhat different to my DT-03! The Modelsport.co.uk sale price was to good to miss plus you're right we you say they go together beautifully, except the Cat XLS... That's a whole different rewarding challenge! 

• Like 1

1-FD078-D6-6961-4145-9-F70-88477-FB38-EE

Exciting! Super speedy Modelsport delivery, body trimmed already for painting tomorrow :)

i was tempted to go a ‘black special’ route, but for now she’s going to be built pretty much stock and box art

• Like 9

A couple more bodies ticked off the wants list - red header card body is the Calsonic Primera, on the right is the Lancer Evo IV.

goodies-8th-june-2019.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/8/2019 at 10:39 AM, Truck Norris said:

A couple more bodies ticked off the wants list - red header card body is the Calsonic Primera, on the right is the Lancer Evo IV.

goodies-8th-june-2019.jpg

the castrol pure racing livery has to be one of my fav's and it looks great on the skyline shell aswell

A metal servo saver arm I need for the M-05 chassis. 

But apart from that, nothing else has come in for weeks! Very annoying, this way I cannot get anything done.... My chinese friends are really dissapointing lately. :(

Yesterday the postman brought me a few stainless M3 screws and a rare, new in pack, rear shock and wing mount for my Procat.

A new Shorty lipo to replace the scarily bulged one that is now residing in the BBQ with the lid down! I'll get it in a Lipo sack and get to a recycling centre this week... 

TCPhotos is down at the moment so no pics but a speedy delivery from Modelsport of 2x servo, dual motor Hobbywing ESC and paint for my Agrios build plus rally blocks for my RS200.