backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

On 7/6/2019 at 12:26 AM, Juls1 said:

Is it just me or does everything in those bags look like GPM parts with a Xtra Speed label stapled on? 

They look similar but they're different from each other's brand. The steering for example in the Xtra Speed is just an aluminum version of the stock and has no bearings at all which is a let down actually. I have the GPM set which was designed better with bearings but is a let down as well. Now I have to get either a Year Racing or Hot Racing steering set which I heard, both are excellent for the CC-01 but the HR being a little better.

8 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Let's see what a £14 8000mah hard case lipo is like! :wacko:

5pa2Wvx.jpg

In fairness, it's made by fullymax and they seem to be quite good budget batteries. I think all the Overlander lipos are currently manufactured by Fullymax and they aren't bad.

If you don't hear from me again, assume it wasn't very good.

Well, it just took 4200mah on its first charge, starting from 3.85v per cell so the 8000mah capacity seems feasible.

The only thing I find a little disconcerting is that the bullet sockets pass right the way through the pack. This is apparently so you can connect multiple packs in series or parallel which makes sense but they usually come with little bungs to put on the underside but this pack didn't come with any.

bwYeNNZ.jpg

I'm usually the person to speak out against lipo paranoia but in this instance, even with the cables connected, there still an exposed + and - on the underside that are just waiting for my fat fingers to short them out!

I've just put a little tape over the bottom for now but I'll see if I can find some suitable bungs.

• Like 1

Postie brought me some new rear Monster Jam tyres for my Stampede as the old ones are getting a bit bald.

EWLkNIK.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I have the GPM set which was designed better with bearings but is a let down as well. Now I have to get either a Year Racing or Hot Racing steering set which I heard, both are excellent for the CC-01 but the HR being a little better.

I’ve had a number of GPM parts in the past including alloy steering sets for CC01, they are pretty terrible, the yeah racing steering set for CC01 plainly and simply works. Just a shame it only comes in blue. 

found locally.......
they are still out there NIB......

clod002.thumb.jpg.e04489e4e3119061b84ba70c0533c8e5.jpg

:) really happy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Juls1 said:

I’ve had a number of GPM parts in the past including alloy steering sets for CC01, they are pretty terrible, the yeah racing steering set for CC01 plainly and simply works. Just a shame it only comes in blue. 

I ordered the HR set which will arrive in a couple of days. I will do a small review about it once I have installed and tested it. :)

23 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Well, it just took 4200mah on its first charge, starting from 3.85v per cell so the 8000mah capacity seems feasible.

The only thing I find a little disconcerting is that the bullet sockets pass right the way through the pack. This is apparently so you can connect multiple packs in series or parallel which makes sense but they usually come with little bungs to put on the underside but this pack didn't come with any.

bwYeNNZ.jpg

I'm usually the person to speak out against lipo paranoia but in this instance, even with the cables connected, there still an exposed + and - on the underside that are just waiting for my fat fingers to short them out!

I've just put a little tape over the bottom for now but I'll see if I can find some suitable bungs.

Well I have to say I'm incredibly impressed on first impressions, the pack has huge punch! Probably because it's a 2s2p pack so it's essentially 2 pairs of 4000mah packs. My Slash 4x4 with a 3900KV really rips off the line with this pack even more than usual.

I found the voltage sagged a lot less than normal packs too, so much so that I will have to set my voltage alarm differently. I usually set it to trigger around 3.2-3.3v under load and get 3.5-3.7 resting voltage but with this pack, I set it at 3.3v and it only rose to 3.4v at rest! I always try to avoid going that low but I'm used to a much bigger recovery at rest. This pack sags so little under load that the amount of recovery is much less too!

I got a massive 7400mah into the pack charging it from 3.4v so I think the 8000mah claim is very realistic! I should be able to get 6400mah out of the pack without straying past the recommended 80% limit.

I'll have to use it a bit more to get a better overall impression but so far this pack seems to be superb. Easily the punchiest 7.4v lipo I have ever owned, great voltage stability and tons of capacity!

Some on road springs courtesy of sounds advice from @svenb, and some touring car toe in blocks courtesy of the invaluable information @qatmix put on thercracer.com. Thanks chaps! Just need my TA06 to turn up now!

After making a hash of my Jimny shell some months ago, my MF01X has remained unfinished while I pondered what to do. Happens across one of these, so I thought I’d I’ve it a try

9-C227492-9-C98-4-D58-9447-16-BFF3788-F1

I didn’t realise it came pre drilled, so hopefully things can be made to match up, otherwise some strategic sticker placement will be required 

Quite a decent haul this lot.

Unpacked, but that will be it for the next week or two, getting married tomorrow so quite a busy week 😉

2 modified FAV’s, Handset, spares and another set of wheels to move along 😂

9A2E14F6-962E-4C76-8457-0AC604023BA0.jpeg

• Like 4

One of the better bits about coming home from holiday, is opening all of the parcels you ordered while away!

48256140007_43ce9fb103_b.jpg

• Like 3

:D ... And unpacked. At last I got a KBF. Need to get it ready for vacation.

IMG_20190711_174449.jpg

• Like 4

91-BC9-A07-EDC9-4-E47-AECB-DF44-FCE7629-

An Evo X body (already cut and drying) and 4 cheap servos as recommended here: 

91-BC9-A07-EDC9-4-E47-AECB-DF44-FCE7629-

An Evo X body (already cut and drying) and 4 cheap servos as recommended here: 

• Like 1

Got this lot to transplant my 5100kv/3S on-road TT02 drivetrain into. Meanwhile the on-road car will be converted back into a low power countersteer drift car.
Neo Scorcher (the best looking TT02B, imho), YR universal shafts + cups, High speed gear set, YR adjustable motor mount, RW Racing 48dp gears, and an Eagle Racing propshaft and steel joints that I already had sitting around unused. 

ySldLIJ.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, nbTMM said:

Got this lot to transplant my 5100kv/3S on-road TT02 drivetrain into. Meanwhile the on-road car will be converted back into a low power countersteer drift car.
Neo Scorcher (the best looking TT02B, imho), YR universal shafts + cups, High speed gear set, YR adjustable motor mount, RW Racing 48dp gears, and an Eagle Racing propshaft and steel joints that I already had sitting around unused. 

Looks like a lot of fun, I got a lot of gearbox issues when putting big motors / 3s in Tt02b buggies. Steel diffs are usually the shout, but I never cured it. If you get this running sweetly please post with what you did!

2 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Looks like a lot of fun, I got a lot of gearbox issues when putting big motors / 3s in Tt02b buggies. Steel diffs are usually the shout, but I never cured it. If you get this running sweetly please post with what you did!

Will certainly do. The only problem I've had with my road car was the motor pinion skipping but that was with 64dp gears and once I made the mesh tighter than I would usually set it, it stopped being a problem. The bigger buggy wheels and higher FDR will certainly up the ante by increasing the torque that the diffs handle. Standard diffs are glass reinforced nylon which should be plenty strong enough. I think the problem people have is the diff pinion gear skipping due to slop between it and the propeller joint - I add shims and kapton tape over the flats of the joint to remove all slop so that's probably why I don't have issues yet. The unknown for me will be if the smaller spider gears inside the diff start skipping.

Some paint, filler and a Clod bag D in my post yesterday

48267274966_f849aee7f9_b.jpg 

I took the after market rubber flared arches off my Clod & have a lot of tiny holes to fill! 

A CC-01 needs new body steering is screwed and the gears sound awful looking forward to stripping and rebuilding.

LQq4Gcw.jpg

• Like 1

Thank God fornthe postman. I ruined my Fox and have no time to restore it or start on the Novafox kit whichbis lying arround for a year. What am I going to run with my kids while staying at my parents?

Time to get that Hornethopper running again. Needed some parts though.

20190715_143032.jpg

• Like 2

Picked up a CR01 today.  Bearings are on the way here.

M761gG3.jpg

• Like 5