backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Perfect timing.  The CR01 bearings arrived today after picking up the kit yesterday.  I want to build it stock, but I keep looking at other builds with shiny metal parts.

fkyqBDk.jpg

• Like 1

This finally turned up. I am packing all the electrics in the box. The Surpass Rocket V3 17.5 motor for it also arrived. Ordered the esc last night. 

I am going on holiday next week so this is coming with me. I think i am going to try and build it rwd first. 

20190716_085003

• Like 6

Another custom Thundershot part, this time a 3D-printed propshaft.

2019-07-17_12-33-46

It is designed along the lines of a Tamiya hardened propshaft, but with wider ends to work with the stock drive cups. 

• Like 3

The Mad-bull lookalike Grasshopper 2 arrived. :)

bgLv9am.jpg

Looks decent enough, one rear axle took a whack. And still features a mighty 380 motor :lol:.

Never seen this type of reciever before... But in time when I get around to it, it will be converted to ESC, 2.4GHz, ball bearings and a 540 motor.

NRbR15X.jpg

Not got the DT03 apart yet, but , ordered some new gears anyway, can't go wrong with a wee freshen up? 🤔

2019-07-17_05-22-48

• Like 2

I got one of these a couple of years back in a big lot of Nikko parts but in a moment of short sightedness, I sold it for £35 which I thought was great at the time but fast forward to this year and I finally got a Dandy Dash and wished I had kept the set.

Then on Monday, someone listed a set on ebay for £15, I've never clicked buy it now so fast!

Y6JPgGN.jpg

They had a front bumper and chassis too but I passed on them, my car isn't nice enough to warrant buying parts I already have. I just need the centre diff/viscous coupling set now!

There is of course the illustrious "Brat" racing upgrade sets but im not even going to attempt to obtain those! ££££££

And I got another set of 8 e-maxx/t-maxx shocks from JRC for $20. Can't go wrong for that price!, great for upgrading old monster trucks etc.

I heard they are discontinuing the Maxx series so I thought I better grab some more while I could just in case they dry up.

A few goodies came today..

Hot Racing Steering set for my CC-01 (This is the third set of upgrade).

bsvUtMZl.jpg

R1 ESC fan. Two blades of my SkyRC Toro160 broke. So I got a high speed to replace it.

FKKUllJl.jpg

New tires. Radial and rally tires.

l0O3xhBl.jpg

pNECZhGl.jpg

oo4sZY0l.jpg

Czt0Bq3l.jpg

20 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

A few goodies came today..

Hot Racing Steering set for my CC-01 (This is the third set of upgrade).

bsvUtMZl.jpg

R1 ESC fan. Two blades of my SkyRC Toro160 broke. So I got a high speed to replace it.

FKKUllJl.jpg

New tires. Radial and rally tires.

l0O3xhBl.jpg

pNECZhGl.jpg

oo4sZY0l.jpg

Czt0Bq3l.jpg

What are those rally tyres? They look great? 

Another WW2 joins the herd! After a couple of hours work the pictures make it look a lot better than it is. It’s had a very hard life... Even the motor has rusted solid! 😂

48312853952_5a03c19c51_b.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

What are those rally tyres? They look great? 

The brand is Austar. The radials are of the same brand too. 

• Thanks 1

I’m pretty sure I intended to buy a TB-05, but somehow picked this M-08 instead :)

063-EF12-C-22-B2-4-CD6-A3-D3-7033118-AA8

some shims, lock nuts and wheels for my MF01X rally, as the Jimny ones seem a little too large

• Like 7

A few upgrade parts for my DT03 - Neo Fighter. 

Kimbrough servo saver

Alloy servo mount (non Tamiya)

Metal outdrives

Lightweight gear shafts

Part of my planned round of upgrades. More parts on order!!

A18C93B6-A683-40BC-A97D-A9D4DF4BFD53.jpeg

• Like 3

Someone listed these old long CVAs as simply "RC car nitro shock absorber set" so I got them for £3.50

8IvtX7k.jpg

I needed a pair for the front of my Lunchbox that has been upgraded to DT03 front suspension. It currently has a pair of Traxxas E-maxx shocks which work well but don't quite look right. Now I can have some that match the short yellow CVAs at the back!

Got them in the ultrasonic cleaner as we speak! Some new o rings and oil and they should be good to go!

• Like 2

Oooh nice find! Do you use any particular fluid or anything in your ultrasonic cleaner?

I have some yellow CVA that the previous owner brush painted black and I've got the worst of it off but it could still do with a little more!

52 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

Oooh nice find! Do you use any particular fluid or anything in your ultrasonic cleaner?

I have some yellow CVA that the previous owner brush painted black and I've got the worst of it off but it could still do with a little more!

Just flash multi purpose cleaner or similar, it works pretty well at getting rid of the oil. Does a good job of getting grease off old gears too! The supermarket own brand version seems to work just as good which works out really cheap even if you're generous with it.

Washing up liquid works well too for normal dirt but it doesn't get through he grease as effectively.

Vintage SC with a ball diff.

I’m not sure if I bought as my 50th birthday present last month or as a wedding present to myself for last week 😊

image.jpg

• Like 7

22 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

I’m pretty sure I intended to buy a TB-05, but somehow picked this M-08 instead :)

063-EF12-C-22-B2-4-CD6-A3-D3-7033118-AA8

some shims, lock nuts and wheels for my MF01X rally, as the Jimny ones seem a little too large

Nice! I just bought the exact same wheels for my MF01X Beetle Rally. Where do you use the shims?

1 hour ago, dc-arena said:

Nice! I just bought the exact same wheels for my MF01X Beetle Rally. Where do you use the shims?

Oh, that’s my bad grammar, sorry. The wheels are for the MF01x. The shims are for other projects.

The wheels look tiny in comparison to the Jimny default ones!

Postman didn't bring it, I went and picked up a, still in delivery packaging but 2/3 of new price, 12v leisure battery to serve as a power source for charging in the field.

Now I need to make sure I have the right connections to charge it (using the Pb program on my lipo charger) and to charge from it.

• Like 1

Postie brought me another charger.

They are approx $110-130nzd in stores and this one was $45 and used once. Plus it came with a Tamiya/Molex adapter as a spare.

8MPMqDX.jpg

• Like 3

Got some cool stuff today. rarely see the S2000 come up for sale, so had to get it.

_DSC8004.thumb.jpg.2d0ae117ba6a713489d543d4863d9e24.jpg

Completed my early 90s Civic trifecta with the JACCS and Idemitsu civics:

_DSC8007.jpg.3466ac14661e21a4845f002a83cb7481.jpg

Also have been waiting for a long time for one of these to pop up:

_DSC8005.jpg.505ffd395fc8bea801c3f8ac18b36782.jpg

• Like 3