backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Bought these on Saturday, turned up this morning (Wednesday), surprised it's not ON FIRE! 😯

Many thanks again to club sponsor Stellamodels! Yet again in SUPERB packaging... so much so, Ace Ventura himself could have delivered it, and everything would be well protected!

I don't have a truck to put them on yet, but that didn't stop me impulse buying them! πŸ˜‚

Mgd68Vk.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

That's SWEET :wub:

yeah i love it alsoΒ 

i wanted something to store my growing collection of nip cassettes as i can see them instead of them being in a draw plus the sun wont discolour them this way also.

20 hours ago, berman said:

Bought these on Saturday, turned up this morning (Wednesday), surprised it's not ON FIRE! 😯

Many thanks again to club sponsor Stellamodels! Yet again in SUPERB packaging... so much so, Ace Ventura himself could have delivered it, and everything would be well protected!

I don't have a truck to put them on yet, but that didn't stop me impulse buying them! πŸ˜‚

Mgd68Vk.jpg

them are beaut's:wub:. they would look nice on my grand hauler;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topforcein said:

them are beaut's:wub:. they would look nice on my grand hauler;)

Thanks, to be honest I may put the Alcoas that are on my K100 on my Grand Hauler and these on my K100 as these are a very vintage style wheel.

I may possibly paint them too, as most of the 1:1s I have seen are coloured centres with (normally) white beadlocks.Β 

Built them last night...

sdrfAMm.jpg

Β 

Also Today the postie brought me approx half a stampede worth in parts from an eBay NIB dismantler (I forget the name we give them).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, berman said:

Built them last night...

sdrfAMm.jpg

Β 

☝🏻 Nice, worthy candidates for the β€˜Cool Wheels’ thread.Β 

And it’s good you’ve had some practice with these, now you only need another 42 sets of duallies for a Quad Road Train set up πŸ‘πŸ»

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

☝🏻 Nice, worthy candidates for the β€˜Cool Wheels’ thread.Β 

And it’s good you’ve had some practice with these, now you only need another 42 sets of duallies for a Quad Road Train set up πŸ‘πŸ»

Set = 4 = 1 axle, so 42 axles worth.

I hope like this guy I won't ever have to reverse it! ...might be there a while πŸ˜‚

60kCvhH.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Set = 4 = 1 axle, so 42 axles worth.

I hope like this guy I won't ever have to reverse it! ...might be there a while πŸ˜‚

60kCvhH.jpg

Geez by the time you’ve pre-start checking wheel nuts and Tyres on that thing it’ll be time to go home again.Β 

• Like 1

Ooooh, looks like we've got a run on fancy wheels!

Mine turned up today too - 1.9 size aluminium bead-locks with 115mm diameter tyres forΒ Willy's RockerΒ - I have to say, these are even better quality than I imagined, andΒ fantastic value!

i-ScnGSpb-XL.jpg

Jenny x

• Like 2

My Β£12 Mad Bull turned up. I was going to just put the wheels and steering arms etc onto my Fighter Buggy RX but it was actually in better condition than I expected. Even the body only has a little chunk missing. I thought it was going to be obliterated but it just wasn't mounted properly in the photos on eBay. I could strip the paint and get it looking pretty ok I reckon.

7NBQlFf.jpg

Now I'm faced with that awful dilemma that all TC members must face. Does the parts doner become another member of the family in it'sΒ own right?

z1B2AOg.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, J@mes said:

48480673687_9fe9b497e7_b.jpgΒ 

Quite surprised how much this went for (not bought by me)

Yeah I had an eye on that. The seller said they had a clear out of old stock and found a load of old gems. I got a few Kyosho Big Brute parts and a couple of old Parma Hotshot parts too.

Very interesting just to have a scroll through their listings, loads of old Tamiya, Kyosho and Marui parts plus some more obscure ones like AYK.Β 

Got this lovely Street Rover in the post yesterday and, wow, I am really bowled over at how nice these are in the flesh. I have been after a DT-02 Sand Rover for a while now after I realised that I forgot to buy one when they were released....only to find out to my shock & horror that not only are they now near-impossible to find NIB but even new-built examples are thin on the ground. From previously viewed photos I always thought that the DT-02 Sand Rover was better looking that the Street version but now that I have a Street Rover in my possession I'm not so sure.

This one is unused & new-built to a lovely standard, and came with RC gear, two new batteries and also is hopped-up with the 50519/50520 CVA damper set,...all for Β£130 and in the current climate I think I got a bargain. B)

mlcRBLS.jpg

8g1PSUk.jpg

BnUPuzS.jpg

XNiGvby.jpg

Β 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Got this lovely Street Rover in the post yesterday and, wow, I am really bowled over at how nice these are in the flesh. I have been after a DT-02 Sand Rover for a while now after I realised that I forgot to buy one when they were released....only to find out to my shock & horror that not only are they now near-impossible to find NIB but even new-built examples are thin on the ground. From previously viewed photos I always thought that the DT-02 Sand Rover was better looking that the Street version but now that I have a Street Rover in my possession I'm not so sure.

This one is unused & new-built to a lovely standard, and came with RC gear, two new batteries and also is hopped-up with the 50519/50520 CVA damper set,...all for Β£130 and in the current climate I think I got a bargain. B)

mlcRBLS.jpg

8g1PSUk.jpg

BnUPuzS.jpg

XNiGvby.jpg

Β 

DefinitelyΒ a good price considering the quality/conditionΒ and that they are apparently discontinued!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nowinaminute said:

DefinitelyΒ a good price considering the quality/conditionΒ and that they are apparently discontinued!

Yeah, they are nowhere to be seen in any shops or on ebay so that sounds about right.

Just wanted to give a public accolade to Tower Hobbies for addressing an issue for me today.

The postman dropped off a shipping box that looked to be in good condition, but inside the Tamiya 1/24 Toyota TS020 model kit I ordered was ripped and smashed in one corner.Β  Also two edges of the box were seriously creased.Β  The two other model kits I ordered were pristine.

I contacted their customer service via email, attached a photo, and requested a RMA/exchange for a different kit.Β  Much to my pleasure, Tower Hobbies rep Jessica replied and said they would send a new kit, and to keep the damaged one I have as a courtesy.Β  They went above and beyond on this request for service!

20190809_145849.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Just wanted to give a public accolade to Tower Hobbies for addressing an issue for me today.

The postman dropped off a shipping box that looked to be in good condition, but inside the Tamiya 1/24 Toyota TS020 model kit I ordered was ripped and smashed in one corner.Β  Also two edges of the box were seriously creased.Β  The two other model kits I ordered were pristine.

I contacted their customer service via email, attached a photo, and requested a RMA/exchange for a different kit.Β  Much to my pleasure, Tower Hobbies rep Jessica replied and said they would send a new kit, and to keep the damaged one I have as a courtesy.Β  They went above and beyond on this request for service!

20190809_145849.jpg

That was really nice of them! Wow! So is the replacement kit another TS020?

• Like 2

That was really nice of them! Wow! So is the replacement kit another TS020?

Yep, another TS020.

The postman brought me yesterday parts for my konghead build, and some black wr-02 wheels for my wt-01 and 50 1150 nmb bearings from ebay, I thought the bearing packageΒ was lost but after 6 weeks they show up I ordered bearings atΒ rc mart when I ordered partsΒ so now I have got 100 1150 bearings so I have some spares:P.

Now I am waiting for the tires that i have ordered for my konghead.

Β 

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

• Like 2

Compact 6-cell 2600mAh NiMh battery - physically much smaller than I was expecting:

i-s7vD6b3-XL.jpg

photo. comparison with traditional 6-cell stick pack.

Β 

...and it fits perfectly under the bonnet of the Cage CrawlerΒ - result!

Jenny x

• Like 3

Coincidentally continuing the battery posts with β€˜My 1st Lipo’ (not from Fischer-Price)

48535064022_069c0b213e_b.jpg

Β 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 10:14 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

Yep, another TS020.

Now that's a happy ending!Β 

Maybe you can go forΒ NIB, shelf queen and a runner?Β Β Β Β 

Years ago, TowerΒ sent me wrong fuel.Β Β They let me keep 4 liters of nitroΒ and sent me the right ones.Β Β 

I think I'll start ordering from Tower again.Β  I'llΒ hope and pray that they get it wrong.Β Β 

Β 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 1:30 PM, Wandy said:

mlcRBLS.jpg

8g1PSUk.jpg

BnUPuzS.jpg

XNiGvby.jpg

Β 

They are really good value for money I think I paid about the same for my own and the paint works on it is really goodΒ 

IMG_20150903_151115.jpg

• Thanks 1

I got a set of Hotshot 2/Super Sabre red CVA dampers. They need a clean but seem to function fine. Now I face the agonising choice of whether or not to fit them to my Hotshot and sacrifice some of the unique look for better functionality.

sUma1hk.jpg

It doesn't help that I got this too:

4JmstOp.jpg

And I have two of the front arm extensions spare from when I had a Boomerang.....I really don't know what to do!

I also got a box of old Tamiya shocks including several yellow CVAs. They were dirt cheap so I just grabbed them to go in the parts box. Even factoring in new seals and o rings they will still be cheap and they are just nice smooth good quality shocks to have there ready to go into some future build.

JIKN5l0.jpg

I always grab any I happen to see for that cheap, never know when you'll need them!

• Like 2