backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

A little indulgence in what will otherwise be a tight month!

NFL8Uxs.jpg

They come up so infrequently I thought I would go for it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

NFL8Uxs.jpg

I think I have some of those on the Super Sabre I bought last year (and haven't looked at since).

It's certainly got adjustable arms fitted and I'd wondered what the origin of them was.

• Like 2

Just arrived from overseas....

I've not had this set before, so very pleased. Almost mint apart from a small patch on the front of the box where a label has been removed.

J

DSC_5395.JPG

DSC_5396.JPG

• Like 6

On 9/3/2019 at 4:39 PM, nowinaminute said:

NFL8Uxs.jpg

Well, I didn't have fun fitting this last night! Following the stock setup guide, the arms bind on the gearbox and the ball joints bind even more! The kit also came with one of those braces that stops the arms spreading apart but you can't fit it correctly because of the shape of the arms so if you tighten it up you get...you guessed it, binding!

As best as I can tell, it's not down to any differences between the original and re-re hotshot so I don't know.

Is it just me who tends to find Parma stuff can be a let down? In terms of finish and instructions and random aspects not mentioned in the instructions at all!

Perhaps some of it is down to the age of the parts but I don't know...some of it is definitely a design issue.

I'd love to see your setup @Peter_B maybe I can work out where I'm going wrong?

I will make a thread about it later!

Some goodies from RCMart arrived and some are to come tomorrow.

RfA7aCch.jpg

2HnqSbkh.jpg

ZRKe0enh.jpg

While I picked this up at a LHS this afternoon...

iYSdQjCh.jpg

1cwZNw4h.jpg

hQezNHxh.jpg

Es6lJWmh.jpg

:)

• Like 4

Well I wanted to get my next body painted (Sand Scorcher) so I ordered some repo stickers. 

But when they came I was really disappointed. 

So I got my hands on some originals. 

Then that led to many more original stickers.Oh boy.4899B6FA-6B71-4E36-8840-BA5C47B668D2.thumb.jpeg.81d7d35e0d5ae09a64c178fd92146377.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2019 at 6:24 PM, junkmunki said:

Just arrived from overseas....

I've not had this set before, so very pleased. Almost mint apart from a small patch on the front of the box where a label has been removed.

J

DSC_5395.JPG

DSC_5396.JPG

That's definitely a real good find👌👍(I'm officially jealous) I just loved those body parts boxes even back in the day! but I could never understand why you could get all the SRB ( family) bodies parts in a gorgeous box but the Ford ranger only ever had the brown printed version? 

27 minutes ago, moffman said:

That's definitely a real good find👌👍(I'm officially jealous) I just loved those body parts boxes even back in the day! but I could never understand why you could get all the SRB ( family) bodies parts in a gorgeous box but the Ford ranger only ever had the brown printed version? 

I know what you mean, it was the same with the lancia rally, brown printed box.....

J

• Like 1

Got my Lunchbox Mini plus the bearings and a servo for it. Should have got the bearings from RC bearings.co.uk as they would have been half the price! Oh well. 

DSC_0026

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Got my Lunchbox Mini plus the bearings and a servo for it. Should have got the bearings from RC bearings.co.uk as they would have been half the price! Oh well. 

DSC_0026

When you build it it’d be interesting to see it next to your dancing rider for comparison. Enjoy! 

10 minutes ago, J@mes said:

When you build it it’d be interesting to see it next to your dancing rider for comparison. Enjoy! 

Will do 👍

On 8/23/2019 at 9:01 PM, markbt73 said:

I still want a Javelin re-re. But it occurred to me, I do have this perfectly good Optima sitting here, so...

2019-08-23_05-56-54

Oh, you most certainly have style, pal. Promising, thumbs up!

Ha! - real metal windscreen wipers, that even have tiny springs to attach so they snap against the windscreen!

i-V9tG84S-XL.jpg

photo. much longer (and the right size for a HiLux windscreen) than the plastic Axial ones I'd bought previously.

More epic detailing nerdage here in my 2WD HiLux build thread.

Jenny x

• Like 6

In keeping with my current obsession with collecting original body kits, this just arrived from Japan.

The box is not 100% perfect, i would say its about a 9 out of 10, but the contents are minty.

J

DSC_5405.JPG

DSC_5406.JPG

• Like 6

Given the success of my RWD 4WS M-03 racing teapot which took me to first place at the Asylum Steampunk Festival teapot races, I have ordered another M-03 which will receive the same mods for my wife to race. 

2019-09-12_06-13-44

The large turning circle of her Rising Fighter based teapot put her at a distinct disadvantage. This should help her chances significantly.

• Haha 2

Bumper lots arrivals when I got back to the office after a couple of days away.

ORV gearbox plates thanks to @njmlondon

Junfac driveshafts for my GCM Skeleton Jeep.

Some generic hexes, probably to go on my Dual Hunter runners.

0FE08AB0-0FE7-4D70-9BDC-7493184FC523.jpg

Still have some wheels and an ESC/motor/servo combo en route.

Then a break from buying stuff, I think.