backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Drumstick for the Snackbox build LOL 

I bought some little shiny wheels, more little shiny wheels...

48735800572_a13b7329ff_b.jpg

• Like 1

Picked these up today at a local hobby shop...

Another set of these wheels and tires. I love the traction on these.

eF1UBoih.jpg

Team C Toyota Yaris WRC body

etw6tM9h.jpg

hnthsvYh.jpg

• Like 1

This old beastie arrived today...

20190918_122933

Going to start its own thread on it in the Kyosho section, for those who are interested. It has "good bones," as they say, but it's definitely going to be a project...

• Like 10

Got a GoPro silver delivered today. Had a quick play, the speedo overlay is pretty cool. Will be doing some speed runs over the weekend and getting it ready to use @ Speedway week in Oct.

• Like 1

I'm always happy to see the postman when he brings me goodies.....

Picked this up online...

When was the last time you saw an unused lancia rally bumper, or even one that hadn't been broken?

Its a shame Tamiya stopped issuing the body sets in 'Artwork' boxes, instead releasing them in plain brown boxes....

J

DSC_5414.JPG

DSC_5415.JPG

• Like 5

4 hours ago, junkmunki said:

I'm always happy to see the postman when he brings me goodies.....

Picked this up online...

When was the last time you saw an unused lancia rally bumper, or even one that hadn't been broken?

Its a shame Tamiya stopped issuing the body sets in 'Artwork' boxes, instead releasing them in plain brown boxes....

J

DSC_5414.JPG

DSC_5415.JPG

I was just having this exact conversation with the owner of my almost local hobby shop! The other day (and the same conversation a few weeks ago on this here forum) I think the vast majority of collectors would pay a little more for the artwork boxes like sand scorcher, super champ etc rather than the dull brown boxes. Fantastic find 👌 the lancia rally need to be brought back on the orv chassis!

img25685_01072010194556_1_1100_.jpg

Vintage-Tamiya-Super-Champ-58034-Body-Set-NO5184.jpg

images.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

Pulled the trigger on something I've been wanting for a very long time:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

A custom cut CowRC Pro-Mag mat for the workbench!

spacer.png

And been meaning to add one of these to my toolbox.

• Like 1

I recently purchased some wheels for my All Metal Frog from @njmlondon.

Then I realised that I needed the adapters to fit them. They arrived today..

FAD5569C-1EB8-4FA4-9982-FF3FF6A262E4.jpg

Pics of the fitted wheel upgrade to follow tomorrow.

• Like 2

Some Brushless propulsion arrived today. Pretty happy as the sellers pic’s & description was for the earlier red QuicRun   2500kv motor, so receiving the later black 2850kv is a bonus. 

A79A21B5-1E7D-4C2E-9AF6-C948A9E41489.md.

• Like 3

The cheap lazy-runner buggy arrived. ^_^

zd0P1v5.jpg

EoDYrEE.jpg

It's marked as Amax brand, but the parts are typically HSP Himoto, so cheap on aliexpress. And it is mostly the same platform as Basherbear, so very familiar.

4WD, have to check if it has bearings, complete with radio, ESC, battery, just need 8 AAs for the transmitter.  Looks like it has only done a few runs as the tires are still fine and no play on the axels.

20 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Some Brushless propulsion arrived today. Pretty happy as the sellers pic’s & description was for the earlier red QuicRun   2500kv motor, so receiving the later black 2850kv is a bonus. 

A79A21B5-1E7D-4C2E-9AF6-C948A9E41489.md.

Interested in how you get on with this. I normally use Speed Passion brushless motors but some turns are getting harder to get hold off, the 13.5 you have here for instance. I've them hooked up to a Hobbywing 120bl or 60bl speedo normally. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Interested in how you get on with this. I normally use Speed Passion brushless motors but some turns are getting harder to get hold off, the 13.5 you have here for instance. I've them hooked up to a Hobbywing 120bl or 60bl speedo normally. 

It was an impulse buy using up some discount codes and vouchers. If it’s anything like the 13.5 Justock via XR10 in my Javelin or the 17.5 Justock via a TBLE-02 in my Blackfoot, then it should be good 👍🏻 I’m sure this motor will be fine powered by a TBLE-02 without a fan and Lipo if needed, unless is goes in the Blitzer which has a 60bl in it but I’ll need to extend the wires for that. 

I haven’t had any problems with Hobbywing yet. 

• Thanks 1

Got home to find a 1501 metal gear Power HD Servo, and a pair of 2.2 Pro-line Sand Paw Tyres for the extra set of rims for my Blitzer from @ThunderDragonCy .I’ve been lead to believe this size tyre are now discontinued?

D447F4FD-AFD5-423B-A2FB-839DF0A1325A.md.

• Like 5

IMG_1501.JPG.dcfb722dd80605727b596e62460adee8.JPG

This produced this

IMG_1499.JPG.78972e76cab0114623a3b22b5a34f049.JPG

which covered this

IMG_1500.JPG.994b79083cdc84dfc2098f1c04e95aaa.JPG

and here it is

.IMG_1502.JPG.e565a4d5366cfee8d583d8a6900a80b1.JPG

@Grumpy pants Wild One arrived today. One of the best wrapped packages Ive had in Years.

Pleasure doing business, even better managed to get it into the house un noticed:ph34r: room for more!!!!

• Like 6

On 9/24/2019 at 8:38 PM, Re-Bugged said:

It was an impulse buy using up some discount codes and vouchers. If it’s anything like the 13.5 Justock via XR10 in my Javelin or the 17.5 Justock via a TBLE-02 in my Blackfoot, then it should be good 👍🏻 I’m sure this motor will be fine powered by a TBLE-02 without a fan and Lipo if needed, unless is goes in the Blitzer which has a 60bl in it but I’ll need to extend the wires for that. 

I haven’t had any problems with Hobbywing yet. 

That's a solid motor especially for the price.  I've been running the same motor in my XV-01 and TT-02B for two years now without a single issue.

• Like 1

Got a SkyRC GPS today. Will be good to see actual speeds instead of guesstimates.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:39 AM, Ray_ve said:

The cheap lazy-runner buggy arrived. ^_^

It's marked as Amax brand, but the parts are typically HSP Himoto, so cheap on aliexpress. And it is mostly the same platform as Basherbear, so very familiar.

4WD, have to check if it has bearings, complete with radio, ESC, battery, just need 8 AAs for the transmitter.  Looks like it has only done a few runs as the tires are still fine and no play on the axels.

Good idea to check the bearings. My HSP nitro had a metric tonne of axle wobble after about 10 runs. Pulled the axles and found the bearings were a hybrid of half bronze bushing (outer) and what was left of bearing inner.  All axles had them and the gearboxes had normal bearings.

• Like 1

thought this was a good deal with the key hopups already included. but of course i had to buy a few more.

fsDdOQK.jpg?1

...already scanning the forum for build threads i can use as reference

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MockTurtle said:

thought this was a good deal with the key hopups already included. but of course i had to buy a few more.

fsDdOQK.jpg?1

...already scanning the forum for build threads i can use as reference

Im just finishing mine off but haven’t done a build as it’s a good build and not a challenge but v interesting 

YcHuQWu.jpg

XNqpY2V.jpg

Have fun :)

JJ

• Like 3