backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

3 hours ago, J@mes said:

Thanks for the info, hope you don’t mind If I order some for my Agrios?

Not at all, just share pics so I will know if they look right on the Agrios shell before I use mine😁.

Kinda off -topic but I have always thought about putting the xtraspeed ABS raptor shell on a TXT-2, since all the other monster releases came with a hardbody. Rcmart shipping to the US makes it a tough pill to swallow though.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

So a gear diff for your Top Force? What diff case do you need? Can you seal it and fill it with oil or is it open?

It is a direct swap with the balldiff. You cannot fill it, as it can’t be sealed. So just grease it good, and you are good to go. The balldiff didn’t like the Castle motor!

• Like 1

Today I received a set of TL-01 body mounts, which includes a useful cross brace extension piece which gives stability to taller post installations such as those used on the Suzuki Jimny and our Morris Minor teapot racers. 

Today I received... my eBay purchase TB-01. Haven't had time to look at it much yet, but at first glance it looks pretty ace.

Repair and upgrade parts for some TT-02s, and Pro-line sand tyres to try at the beach this summer
PYWnRlk.jpg

• Like 3

After being tempted by @JennyMo I ordered a set of axial light buckets and the postman dropped them off today

IMG_1548.JPG.6bbc88933654e17472631aa2e4b9c014.JPG

Looks really good

• Like 1

I bought a set of RC4WD 'deep dish' wheels last weekend, in a effort to improve the tyre clearance on the ebaYJeep, only to find the relatively narrow tyres really didn't sit well on the new 29mm wide rims...

So, I had to go and buy a set of much wider pukka BF Goodrich ATs to fit properly didn't I?

i-6sLvhdb-XL.jpg

...and at the same time, rusted the original raw/steel finish on the wheels with the Modern Masters iron paint/activator combo, then sprayed them matt white on top.

I have to say, having typically cheaped out in the past with ebay special tyres, it was lovely how these higher quality Axial Racing brand tyres and the RC4WD wheels just screwed together perfectly with the beads seating in the lock rings.

Jx

• Like 3

The postman delivered something special to me today... I have been trying to get one of these body sets for ages, and when i finaly found one online i had to have it.

J

DSC_5553.JPG

DSC_5555.JPG

• Like 4

A set of JIS Screwdrivers... Sooo much better than being uber careful with a Phillips. As most have said wish I'd done it ages ago! 

• Like 1

A bunch of upgrades for the XV01 I've been meaning to get for quite some time.  Went with the Yeah Racing mounts over Tamiya since they were significantly cheaper.  Just need a new servo now.  I'm thinking a Savox 254MG but I need to measure first since the XV01 has a very tight servo compartment.

ZTYpZqg.jpg

• Like 4

Some parts for the Top Force. The TA02 high speed spurs and bearing kit from Stella, and the JX servo from banggood. Just the final rcmart order to go. And maybe another rcmart order - reading the instructions for the spurs it looks like the biggest pinion is a 25T. No idea why a 26T won't fit but anything bigger than 25T is crossed off the FDR chart. I shoukd be able to gear for 17.5T blinky though as i'll run modern wheels which are bigger.

The JX servos look good for the price. USD13 delivered with decent specs (9kg and .11sec at 6v) and quality appears similar to Trackstar which are twice the price.

• Like 4

I picked up one of those cheap austar scx10 clones and a hardbody. With eBay deals it was nearly half the price of an scx10 builders kit. Deciding on paintjob now (hardest part!)

spacer.png

• Like 2

An order I had somehow forgotten even though I only made it a week or so ago.  2 TBLE-02S speedos, one for the Top Force and the other for the Boomerang which always becomes the donor car whenever I need a servo or ESC etc.  Its crazy how I got 2 of them from ebay uk for 2/3 the price of one locally.  Luckily my wife wasn't home for this one, she got the servos the other day and was off sick yesterday so knew about yesterdays package.  May have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the dog...

Super hotshot parts and gmade shocks for my hotshot,  now I have to wait for the suspension pins with e clips that I have ordered.

IMG_7309.JPG

got some stuff for my MR-4TC SD. some spare parts and some upgrades.

6-U8-A6687b.jpg

My TXT-2 arrived a while back, now have the bits to make it go.

48954660511_cd8f307b26_b.jpg 48954846017_96da780dda_b.jpg 48954108268_a856859332_b.jpg 48954672051_10b3e2f389_b.jpg

then I found a NIB 934 at a price I couldn’t resist, it’s my 1st kit that isn’t a monster truck (excluding the Hornet I had as a kid)

48954612736_4491635142_b.jpg

• Like 7

Pinion day today.  Steel pinions for my cars still running the soft aluminium ones.  I want to get every car running in the next few months.  That means servos, ESCs, and receivers instead of blue aluminium and shiny new kits.  I don't see myself being that responsible but I'll pretend.

1cvpPA6.jpg

• Like 3

Postie dropped these off (different purchases just happened to arrive same time) paid probably a bit of a premium for the top-force shocks but the le-mans is in far better condition than it looked in the Ebay photos!

15720823100806793170560029376305.jpg

• Like 2

Some tools, paints, airbrush quick coupler and a second attempt at a kit I built back around 1989. It's very basic but I'm interested to see how good a job I can do compared to back then.

goodies-25th-oct-2019.jpg

• Like 1

I bought my first TT-01, just for the body. I bought a TA-01 or 02 a few years ago and it had this same body and stickers. The stickers were peeling a little so I threw the body in the trash. Finally I can have a fresh one. 

I also got the new Audi rally body. I think it looks so cool and would be perfect for my new rally XV-01 I’m building. 

2B2F3A8F-318E-4257-AE02-9A4177BDC193.jpeg

7587B3A2-29AE-416A-8AE8-F4ACC25AC87F.jpeg

On 10/22/2019 at 1:45 AM, junkmunki said:

The postman delivered something special to me today... I have been trying to get one of these body sets for ages, and when i finaly found one online i had to have it.

J

DSC_5553.JPG

DSC_5555.JPG

I think you were able to find it now because Tamiya just released a much improved modern version of the exact same body and stickers.