backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

32 minutes ago, Quailane said:

I think you were able to find it now because Tamiya just released a much improved modern version of the exact same body and stickers. 

Yeah they might have produced an improved version but that original Audi (and Opel ascona) looked so cool coz it looked so odd tamiya imagination at it's best IMO

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah they might have produced an improved version but that original Audi (and Opel ascona) looked so cool coz it looked so odd tamiya imagination at it's best IMO

I'm with you moffman, the modern one will never be as good as the original. Besides, if its an improved 'modern' version, then its not the exact same body and sticker set...

I'll stick with the rare originals

J

Final piece of my pink hop up fetish

Pretty chuffed now😁

IMG_20191028_173149.jpg

• Like 6

2 more new kits arrived so total 4 in the house, Christmas x4 came early! :D

48980500577_21cd9ba1d1_b.jpg

No more this year or I risk separation  

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

spacer.png

Boomer project dropped today, now I can start hoarding parts. Drive shafts and front arms already on order! 

• Like 6

My first tt-01e build, thanks to timetunnel models.  Picked up some bearings and have #50746 CVA dampers that will add to  it if suitable.  A bit daunting but looking forward to the body work! 

E9ADB063-D078-49BD-810D-E13034CB2323.jpeg

• Like 5

After a bit of hassle I got all of this today

IMG_1585.JPG.9e9fe5ed0f8bf7aa24faad11269faa10.JPG

No more burred screws, I thought the XV-01T deserved some TLC. Also got it a silver sport tuned. Now have to work ou a colour scheme. Also going to leave more of front valance on to cover the motor. Maybe cut out some kind of grill or drill?

• Like 9

^a black motor would be a nice option. I like the asterion, it’s a bargain on Tamico

A new shell & decals for my 58101 keeping it 90’s old school with the original decals. 

49002879732_9ed05c0483_b.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Busdriver said:

No more burred screws, I thought the XV-01T deserved some TLC. Also got it a silver sport tuned. Now have to work ou a colour scheme. Also going to leave more of front valance on to cover the motor. Maybe cut out some kind of grill or drill?

So many of these tamiya's you forget made an appearance! Looks pretty cool got to see it on here fully built!👍

19 hours ago, Busdriver said:

I don’t think it takes much to cover the motor a bit more.

My intention was to make more of a bash guard at the front. Maybe one day I’ll get there!

4A4B3B3B-1F7A-4608-B2A5-C801FB430157.jpg

• Like 2

Thats kinda what I had in mind. Just to make it a lttle more like a stock truck. Only trouble is now I have to think of another paint scheme:rolleyes:

The 3900KV and esc for my nitro to electric Mugen Seiki Prime 12. Now if only I could remember where I put that chassis during cleanup..... :lol:

4 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Thats kinda what I had in mind. Just to make it a lttle more like a stock truck. Only trouble is now I have to think of another paint scheme:rolleyes:

I liked this as an alternative 

https://www.streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/4618-atl/1989-chevrolet-s-10-baja-4x4

The black would ‘hide’ the valence below the front grille too and make the truck less ‘slabby’ From the side. I think there was a Hot Wheels version of this too. And I have seen images of all black with just the red pinstripe.

But there’s no reason why you can’t do the old Tamiya box art too! Decals come from MCI. You’d make a better job of it than me, I’m sure!

I did wonder about a Redbull theme. Ive got a set of Redbull stickers that might look quite good. I think there Nascar? Must look out for hot wheels as MCI do some hotwheels stickers I think?

2 hours ago, J@mes said:

Thanks @Truck Norris for providing me with this, turned up yesterday, shhh don’t tell my lady I got another kit :lol: 

Another one! Nice, do like a 911.

So you're up to 5 now.. Reckon you should go for the twelve days of Christmas and aim for another 7! 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Another one! Nice, do like a 911.

So you're up to 5 now.. Reckon you should go for the twelve days of Christmas and aim for another 7! 😁

I like the sound of that! I need an excuse to get more Tamiya... :D

• Haha 1

One of several servos @Jonathon Gillham recommended.  Thank you for suggestion, these JX4409 servos will do quite well for my M05 and M06 chassis.

(Tall standard servo on M06 was begging to be replaced.  While digital servos were not necessary for bashers like the Grasshopper, I've been feeling the need for some precision steering for M-chassis.  These fit the bill!)  

BPChRG8.jpg

• Like 1

Part one of an order from Modelsport arrived today.

IMG_20191106_1540392.jpg

Screws, servo and foams for my Dual Hunter rebuild. Hexes for my crawler build. More crawler bits due tomorrow!