backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

49025343783_685936a862_b.jpg

C bag for the Juggernaut, same as the TXT. Parts for an unbuilt kit I have that are already hard to find. Word is these are the weak points so I thought I’d stock up before they’re even harder to get.

The second part of my Modelsport order arrived today.

986D1F6E-8087-4B39-AF98-81952687791E.jpg

Plenty of parts to keep me amused. Time to start pulling together my JK Jeep build.

Unfortunately, my Wild Dagger gearbox case - ordered from another supplier - didn’t make it. Instead I received something with a similar part number. Never mind!

A new servo for the XV01 today.  I went with a Savox 0254MG.  A low profile 0251MG would have been the ideal choice but this is half the price.

I got the servo spacers because I thought I'd try fitting the 0251 tall servo to my CR01, but I've just now realised I would need to also get some longer screws to hold it in.

uMozkMC.jpg

Something simple but Important for my topforce evo to finish it off (a shiny new bumper) the old one that's on it at the moment looks like whoever used to race it back in the day used the bumper as a brake it's all very soft and out of shape:unsure:

20191108_100112.jpg

20191027_102403.jpg

• Like 7

Saw a bigwig for a great price and now it lives in my wardrobe!

49040229001_035968cb2d_b.jpg

struggling to come up with anything better than box art for this one. I remember when I saw this in ‘86 I couldn’t make up my mind on it. 33 years later & I reckon it’s awesome!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Saw a bigwig for a great price and now it lives in my wardrobe!

49040229001_035968cb2d_b.jpg

struggling to come up with anything better than box art for this one. I remember when I saw this in ‘86 I couldn’t make up my mind on it. 33 years later & I reckon it’s awesome!

Yeah I think it's one of those tamiya rc's that just looks good box art I've seen some good colour combos but as of yet box art always wins I did black/silver which looked pretty good!

• Thanks 1

The two separate orders for hop ups for my FF03 arrived at the same time on a satutday morning. Don't you just love it whenthat happens?

20191109_120656 20191109_120748

Cue an entire afternoon of tearing down the car and replacing parts, with abit of ligjt soldering thrown in to hook up the esc to its new motor. With the exception of some gearing this is it for the FF03 though. The alloy blocks and reibforced plastics are to make it nice and stout and tight for some street rally action and maybe the occasional track outing. Full skinny on the build thread. 

• Like 2

Not today but yesterday, the 1:14 Huina excavator for my son (to be from Santa), some assorted bit including Brat tyres for a future project  as well as a rear wing and mounting hardware for All Metal Frog.

IMG_20191111_123504.jpg

Then my replacement gearbox casing for my son’s Dual Hunter arrived. Mrs BC is away at the end of the month so hopefully I can persuade the boy to rebuild his car!

• Like 1

"Right, no more RC purchases until next year.....£25 you say?"

J34cZiS.jpg

Probably 50/50 chance of gearbox being knackered and it needs new decals and the black square side panels but apart from that, it looks pretty good for 25!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nowinaminute said:

J34cZiS.jpg

Probably 50/50 chance of gearbox being knackered and it needs new decals and the black square side panels but apart from that, it looks pretty good for 25!

SCORE! 

Been on the hunt for awhile for this. Dealing with people you refuse to ship to Canada, People changing their minds last minute. 
Some people asking for $2000.00cad. 
Well I got this $500.00usd with shipping. 
(sorry for the rant but it felt good)

9DB13EC9-2D4E-4055-8DA4-AF2D62B8E88E.jpeg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

J34cZiS.jpg

25! I'd have paid that just for the wheels/tyres:rolleyes: well done you!

Period servos for my period build (well almost vintage) postie delivered today and what makes it more of a result is they actually got delivered after a succession of Hermes:angry: deliveries that have either just not turned up or have been left outside on the doorstep in the pouring rain!

20191113_222251.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moffman said:

Period servos for my period build (well almost vintage) postie delivered today and what makes it more of a result is they actually got delivered after a succession of Hermes:angry: deliveries that have either just not turned up or have been left outside on the doorstep in the pouring rain!

i came home last friday to my letter box on the floor thanks to yodel delivery smeggers waiting for reply from littlewoods to see whats happening.

then 2 days later my wife sees the same 2 smeggers not far me my house at it again she could hear them going at it with the letter box of a house and she was at least 400 yards away and then later saw them again at another house going at the letter box again then the driver shouted at the other one just leave it on the floor so he did.

i tell ya these smeggers dont deserve work treating peoples post like that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, moffman said:

25! I'd have paid that just for the wheels/tyres:rolleyes: well done you!

Turns out the tyres are probably the weakest link although not beyond hope. No flat spots but the rubber has gone quite firm. There's a couple of small cracks forming on one of them too, around the base of the spikes. 

They are perfectly usable though and would display nice too. I think I might try soaking them in glycerine to soften them back up and stop any further perishing.

The best news is that the gearbox and diff appear to be fine. I thought something was amiss but when I took the spur cover off, the pinion fell out! The loose pinion was all that was wrong.

Seems like it's pretty solid overall. It definitely needs new decals and possibly a repaint if I can work up the courage to strip the shell.

I think I'll might tidy it up and sell it on. Depends how attached to it I am when I've finished 🤣

I'll take it on a nice photo/video shoot either way, though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, topforcein said:

i came home last friday to my letter box on the floor thanks to yodel delivery smeggers waiting for reply from littlewoods to see whats happening.

then 2 days later my wife sees the same 2 smeggers not far me my house at it again she could hear them going at it with the letter box of a house and she was at least 400 yards away and then later saw them again at another house going at the letter box again then the driver shouted at the other one just leave it on the floor so he did.

i tell ya these smeggers dont deserve work treating peoples post like that.

Yep! one of the Hermes drivers I had on my CCTV at the front door didn't even have the decency to walk down the steps (3 of them) just chucked it down and it bounced off the door:angry::angry:......then had the nerve to say on the text I got "your parcel has been delivered through your letter box" I emailed the sender to explain what happened he just replied "yes I know they are c#@p 1 in 10 of things I post with them I have serious problems with" so what chance you got if that's what the the sender says? And try getting an actual person to talk to with these two bit joke companies!

On 11/13/2019 at 5:50 PM, nowinaminute said:

J34cZiS.jpg

Awesome buy! 

Some DT-03 CVA Dampers for my Super shot re re. I know it's sacrilegious but I've never liked the yellow CVA's plus the Supershot sits too high at the front which exaggerates the awful bump steer. Plan is to get the front the same height as a normal Hotshot and allow the chassis to tap the ground before the shocks bottom out. Same idea for the rear obviously... Should look pretty mean when done, also thinking of putting a Hotshot body on it sprayed black with a flat over coat for a full stealth effect to make the gold wheels pop. 

• Like 2

A pair of Ribbed Proline front tyres with foam inserts.

Old stock for sure but £10 delivered I can live with 👍

I made the error of selling my original one. Time to rectify that mistake.

FB3FF33B-0443-4CFC-A25E-0C21CE4A7FF5.jpeg

• Like 5