backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Package courtesy of Otley Modelsport, couple of spares for the laydown, sanwa compatable SMD reciever, and a set of dboots hoons to help with speed runs 😀

(Although maybe won't be able to test them anytime soon...❄❄)

2019-11-15_10-54-20

• Like 1

New toys arrived for my work shop, couldn’t resist fitting them and trying them out. The mrs was not impressed by the purchases or me spending a lot of time out there today. 😄

3EA145B3-AAB9-4D7D-8BBD-8FAC80EC8808.jpeg

78A10933-4FBE-45E8-903D-63BEF7F23F12.jpeg

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Cephas said:

New toys arrived for my work shop, couldn’t resist fitting them and trying them out. The mrs was not impressed by the purchases or me spending a lot of time out there today. 😄

3EA145B3-AAB9-4D7D-8BBD-8FAC80EC8808.jpeg

78A10933-4FBE-45E8-903D-63BEF7F23F12.jpeg

Hahaha

I rebuilt, cleaned and painted my pillar drill in the kitchen, wife wasnt impressed 😂

This evening I have mostly been wondering why the badword anyone would want to assemble a car using red threadlock. Aaargh! Bought this on eBay earlier this year, and I thought it was about time I treated it to some love. Kind of wish I hadn't. :-/ 

IMG_7165.jpeg

• Sad 1

Arrived today:

1 x 53200 4WD Front One-way Diff Unit

Adding this to the TB-01 will now be added to the list of things I have not done yet and may never get the time to do.

46 minutes ago, Barnoid said:

This evening I have mostly been wondering why the badword anyone would want to assemble a car using red threadlock. Aaargh! Bought this on eBay earlier this year, and I thought it was about time I treated it to some love. Kind of wish I hadn't. :-/ 

IMG_7165.jpeg

If you suspect that there's thread lock used heat the screw with a soldering iron until the threadlock melts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Range Rover classic body kit.  Lots of parts and small screws.  I built one of those Axial raw builders kit chassis to put it on when it's done.  Sorry Tamiya.

49078650246_c590ba0f0b_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49078121733_83f19d29a2_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 4

Is that one of the ebay chinese ones? There seems to be lots of sellers with identical pics so assume the kit is the same one.

Really interested in seeing a build of this?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Range Rover classic body kit.  Lots of parts and small screws.  I built one of those Axial raw builders kit chassis to put it on when it's done.  Sorry Tamiya.

49078650246_c590ba0f0b_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

49078121733_83f19d29a2_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Love these. Looking forward to the new addition to your garage and scale course!

As you have built the SCX10ii could you help me out?! I'm missing the washer / shims that sits between the bearing and the axle pin at the rear. Could you measure them for me?

D6628684-178B-46AF-8502-E81649EDBF59.png

• Like 1

2019-11-17_08-47-06

Basic setup gauge off ebay for about 4 quid. It is so good! Just using an old shelf as a flat surface. Will make getting my on road cars' setup sorted so much easier. They were all running a bit high and low on camber despite my best efforts with rulers and the angle measurer on my phone. Highly recommended. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Love these. Looking forward to the new addition to your garage and scale course!

As you have built the SCX10ii could you help me out?! I'm missing the washer / shims that sits between the bearing and the axle pin at the rear. Could you measure them for me?

D6628684-178B-46AF-8502-E81649EDBF59.png

Sure no problem!  I'll PM you this afternoon. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Thank you in advance!

8 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

Today the postman delivered these...wheel hub adaptors for a fitting hornet wheels to a dt02 project.

Big up TC member KEV THE REV who posted these to me....what a super star :wub:

Resized_20191118_212243_1487.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/16/2019 at 8:30 PM, svenb said:

If you suspect that there's thread lock used heat the screw with a soldering iron until the threadlock melts

That is REALLY handy to know. I used the red Threadlock when making my Topforce, and some seeped down into the rear post where the undertray fixes on. nearly mashed a screw, so left it. Now know what to do.

A mini pipe cutter for cutting down body posts, thanks to recommendations from TC 👍

• Like 3

Got these trial car stands from @yogi-bear , infilled the etching and assembled them (they come in kit form 👍) without an issue, got to stick on the non slip pads and start trying cars on them, but so far these are top notch

49089584942_ffcd936c91_k.jpg

49088869633_f86dd1d138_k.jpg

49088869543_2b09a19ae8_k.jpg

49089376866_95005701b3_k.jpg

These will be fine tuned by Yogi, then I believe they will be available for purchase, my issue is I’ll need quite a large number of them 😂😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mtbkym01 said:

These will be fine tuned by Yogi, then I believe they will be available for purchase, my issue is I’ll need quite a large number of them 😂😂

nice! ..for the clear acrylic, one can also build a base with LEDs, then cnc'd/vcarved, and voila!

vlcsnap-2018-03-07-16h44m55s041_OyCkzqT8wF.jpeg

• Like 1

The A-parts to fix my MF01X Jimny arrived today.  I'm still shocked I managed to order them without buying anything else.

zhsJEsH.jpg

6 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Got these trial car stands from @yogi-bear , infilled the etching and assembled them (they come in kit form 👍) without an issue, got to stick on the non slip pads and start trying cars on them, but so far these are top notch

49089584942_ffcd936c91_k.jpg

49088869633_f86dd1d138_k.jpg

49088869543_2b09a19ae8_k.jpg

49089376866_95005701b3_k.jpg

Whats the damage for 1, I need about 40 for my display case, Tamiya, team associated, Yokomo, Schumacher etc. at least he is locally based to me 

1 hour ago, OOZZEE said:

Whats the damage for 1, I need about 40 for my display case, Tamiya, team associated, Yokomo, Schumacher etc. at least he is locally based to me 

Not sure how soon they will be available as he's still experimenting, maybe shoot him a PM

2 hours ago, OOZZEE said:

still trying to work that one out :D, where are you located? Good to know there is some interest though.