backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

The postman has been a regular at my haouse in the last couple of weeks.

Managed to tick another body set off of the list, and picked up some NOS steering arms for SRB restorations.

A big thanks goes out to @Hudson for selling me his NIB WIld One.

The frog is another project in the queue for restoration.

The Ferrari is original chassis, with re re body.

An original decal set for the Ford Ranger.

Some NOS tyre sets.

Phew....

J

DSC_5605.JPG

DSC_5610.JPG

• Like 1

If I have got this right, this is a replacement for part E1 in an M04.

49A29EC2-B8FF-4D81-990E-021B53C9A213.jpg

So I really need to dig out my M04 Giulia chassis for a little upgrade...

• Like 1

Oooooh I say! - Alloy wheels in Rough Rider/FAV size:

i-vJnZVKq-XL.jpg

Does this mean you're dusting off the dormant Mega-Bug build Jenny?

.... hmmmmm, we'll see shall we ;o)

Jx

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

If I have got this right, this is a replacement for part E1 in an M04.

If E1 is an “aluminium frame member”, then yes! :lol:

• Thanks 1

Another set of Schumacher SST rally tyres in yellow for front, white for rear. These are to run on my TA06 so i can use it in the street without ruining my racing slicks. They are so good! You can run the higher grip whites on the rear to get good balance, they lift the car up a mm or so. So are much better than anything tamiya i have yet tried, and aren't so big like rally blocks so they run on touring car bodies. 

• Like 2

My Super Stock motors arrived, they are so pretty.  There is something about the old brushed motors with their endbells with bits everywhere.  Some of my brushless motors look cool, but these look heaps better in my opinion.  Also had to go buy PS-17.  I stupidly didn't order it, so had to drive across town to pick some up.  Saved $5, probably spent an hour.  Lucky I work from home so no one knew I was wagging to buy paint for my toy car

• Like 2

These arrived for the Grasshopper 2. Next stop is painting the Baja Beetle shell for it. Which will be interesting, since I haven't picked up a brush for about 20 years and my close-up eyesight is now terrible. Incidentally, does anyone please know of a set of softer springs that could be used on the replacement shock set, as the white ones on here seem rather hard for use on the GH2? I have looked on ebay and various other vendor sites, but nobody seems to sell a set of soft springs in the right length. The springs are about 44mm on the rears and 42mm on the fronts, with an overall eyelet-to-eyelet rear shock length of about 83mm.

Not pictured here: Colt 210mm width Porsche 962 body, for possible aerodynamic experimentation at a later date.

883598852_BodyMountKitGH2ShocksREDUCED750p.thumb.jpg.7234ab1a8f6f651ac9961470f5bdc6da.jpg

• Like 3

The postman delivered my new Sand Scorcher kit today.  A kit I’ve always wanted and so I finally bit the bullet and bought one - 😮 looking in the box it looks too nice to build.  Am sure it will be built though as I’d love to drive it.  

• Like 7

Postman just delivered my rod ends. Got them from RCMart only took a week from HongKong, great service. Might of been slightly different if it had stopped at customs.

15768420153219217928116176845270.jpg

• Like 3

Dampers & pinion for my DT-02 Kumamon refresh. Not much compared to some of your projects but something to tinker with over Christmas. 🎄 

5F2CF8A3-182B-4D44-B98E-2076A0D26ED1.jpeg

• Like 2

A big shout out to @El Dougo for selling me his NIB 58376 F103GT Advan Courage LC70 Mugen.  He went the extra distance on shipping and even included some tea cakes!  What a guy!

• Like 3

I'm on first name terms with the postman now... he's been to my house too many times this year...:rolleyes:

This weeks haul include a sweet vintage Countach that looks like it was started and never completed or run. The paint is poor, but easily fixed.

A vintage Williams FW-07. The chassis is mint, but the body has been prroly painted. I have a mint shell for this, and as a bonus, it came with some NOS decals.

Another NOS B2b sidecar body set. It was a good price, so i couldn't resist.

And lastly, a NOS decal set for my MK1 Golf restoration.

I've promised her indoors that i wont buy anything else this year.... There's still a few days to go...:unsure:

J

3 minutes ago, junkmunki said:

I'm on first name terms with the postman now... he's been to my house too many times this year...:rolleyes:

This weeks haul include a sweet vintage Countach that looks like it was started and never completed or run. The paint is poor, but easily fixed.

A vintage Williams FW-07. The chassis is mint, but the body has been prroly painted. I have a mint shell for this, and as a bonus, it came with some NOS decals.

Another NOS B2b sidecar body set. It was a good price, so i couldn't resist.

And lastly, a NOS decal set for my MK1 Golf restoration.

I've promised her indoors that i wont buy anything else this year.... There's still a few days to go...:unsure:

J

Countach pics needed!

6 minutes ago, graemevw said:

Countach pics needed!

I cant load the pictures! Every time i try, the site does that jumpy thing so i cant get them on the post.

Had to do a second post. Its about time the edit problems were sorted.

DSC_5617.JPG

DSC_5618.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, junkmunki said:

Had to do a second post. Its about time the edit problems were sorted.

DSC_5617.JPG

DSC_5618.JPG

Very nice! Was that the one with the broken windows? Maybe a missing tail light? Looks decent.

12 minutes ago, graemevw said:

Very nice! Was that the one with the broken windows? Maybe a missing tail light? Looks decent.

Yes, i made an offer which was accepted. I had to move on it quick, i think there were a few other offers too...

The chassis is near mint, just very dusty. As you mention, the winscreen is broken, so if anyone out there has a good spare....

J

15 minutes ago, junkmunki said:

Yes, i made an offer which was accepted. I had to move on it quick, i think there were a few other offers too...

The chassis is near mint, just very dusty. As you mention, the winscreen is broken, so if anyone out there has a good spare....

J

Im sure you know, pretty hard to find, you never know though.

Worst case you could cut the screen out, use the sides and make a new screen. At least its the pretty much flat one that snapped!

I just glued the screen back into mine and added the final body details. Great cars!

Hopefully it will get its one and only running session on monday. Terrified ill crash it 😂

11 hours ago, graemevw said:

Im sure you know, pretty hard to find, you never know though.

Worst case you could cut the screen out, use the sides and make a new screen. At least its the pretty much flat one that snapped!

I just glued the screen back into mine and added the final body details. Great cars!

Hopefully it will get its one and only running session on monday. Terrified ill crash it 😂

It completes the set for me. I have the non competition sepecial, now the competition special, and one which i am painting to replicate the Bugatti blue one that Walter Wolfe had.

I will post a pic of them all together.

J

WW2 sticker set £5.21 delivered from Jadlam via eBay.

Blitzer Beetle new built but not completed. 

The plan is to sell one of the now 2 BB’s I have as a RTR bundle next spring so I can move a long spare kit with it such as batteries, charger and radio set. 

The cash return is small overall, but it is a nice way of keeping my hand it and selling on some surplus spares. 

• Like 2

This Losi rock rey kit.:D

The kit version is discontinued  and  was nowhere to be found, last week I was surfing on the web and found one for sale for a good price, cheaper then it was before it was discontinued, so I could not let it go.

The tires are huge, I put a wr-02 tire next to it to compare.

IMG_7358.JPG

IMG_7359.JPG

IMG_7361.JPG

• Like 2