backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Successfully intercepted the postie today so got the 2 HW 1060s inside without my wife seeing. The Top Force build got well out of control and these are the last bits. I have a SkyRC TS160 on its way too so thats 3 ESC in a short space of time, its hard explaining why the first 2 weren't enough

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Superluminal said:

bd4a660a-06ea-4b29-b3dc-341d6f8d1248_screenshot.jpg

ah haha , that is a great pic

it is related to a thread I started a couple of years ago, which I have projects that are long overdue to be completed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scipunk said:

Finally gonna learn

2020-01-08_12-06-14

2020-01-08_12-09-33

Good luck! Patient's is the key!  looks like a very good airbrush take extra care with the needle get plenty of spare ones and keep them sharp👍 my first ever body I sprayed was a hpi baja 5b I put it on Ebay someone bought it then about a Month later it was back on Ebay and he/she was claiming they had professionally sprayed it..........the cheek of it!:huh:

Got the decals for my yacht build today. Luckily a friend has access to a whole sign making factory, so their designers put it together and cut it out of vinyl for me. I picked up new paint yesterday so hopefully the hull is days from completion, then its just building the rig and tue yacht is done.

Since its so close to finished and then i won't have a project I planted the seed with my son last night about whether he wants a yacht, so i'll have another year long project...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moffman said:

Good luck! Patient's is the key!  looks like a very good airbrush take extra care with the needle get plenty of spare ones and keep them sharp👍 my first ever body I sprayed was a hpi baja 5b I put it on Ebay someone bought it then about a Month later it was back on Ebay and he/she was claiming they had professionally sprayed it..........the cheek of it!:huh:

Wow that's just dirty pool...lol I hope it is good, i still need a water trap for my compressor and i have heard mixed reviews about this model. If it's not up to snuff ill swap out for a iwata :)

• Like 1

I actually made a video of what the postman brought me :) I'm waiting for another box like this to arrive in the next two weeks or so. Excited! Another shipment is also already filling up nicely in Japan and will be shipped soon. Takes two months to get here though with surface freight, always a long wait!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Baddon said:

This arrived from Honk Kong today

As astute arrived

:wub: how many relatives did you have to sell to get that? Not too many you like I hope! :P

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

:wub: how many relatives did you have to sell to get that? Not too many you like I hope! :P

You know what, I only seen the photos on the phone and in the flesh its soooooooooo like new its unreal. HAPPY, HAPPY man. 

I am sitting here downloading the instruction so I can finish it off (wheels and tires mounted, wing mount (had to get 4 screws......from my spares box) now to fit a Sport tuned motor and a servo, then I will have to start on a body, undertray and.........oh thats it!!

Anyone got an Avante they be happy to part with in similar condition...... a 2011

• Like 1

My Rolson mini tube cutter arrived today, which does a brilliant job of shortening body posts. 

2020-01-10_01-40-22

Thanks for the recommendation @martinjpayne!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

My Rolson mini tube cutter arrived today, which does a brilliant job of shortening body posts. 

2020-01-10_01-40-22

Like it. I see one of these in my future.. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2020 at 1:44 PM, TurnipJF said:

2020-01-10_01-40-22

I just ordered one of these, looks like a great idea 👍

3 hours ago, Futura said:

Pleased with this £108!

spacer.png

From where? I’m waiting for the feb re release to upgrade from my DT02. 

16 minutes ago, Butler said:

From where? I’m waiting for the feb re release to upgrade from my DT02. 

It came from Amazon of all places. 

The listing said is was the last one, and at that price I was very sceptical it would actually arrive!

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A few bits from RC Mart arrived today.

I need a short steering link for for trail truck and this Yeah Racing one will hopefully fit the bill.

I really ought to catalogue my build on here, just to provide amusement to you all from all the errors I have made along the way. Oh, the perils of a non-Tamiya kit :D

I topped up the order with some metal hexes (always useful) and some double sided tape. 

RC Mart thew in some of their branded Velcro. I probably ought to use that - I have two rolls of it now..

A872949B-7301-49BC-B913-D9AF068BFC41.jpg

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

RC Mart thew in some of their branded Velcro. I probably ought to use that - I have two rolls of it now..

A872949B-7301-49BC-B913-D9AF068BFC41.jpg

What is that for? I have 2 rolls too

My SkyRC TS160 speedo arrived for my D418. I have a week and a half to swap the motor and ESC over before a practice day, bet I'll be doing it the night before and then just run my nitro buggy instead.