backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

41 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

It is indeed! Very handy stuff. I use it on my M-03, M-05, TL-01 and other such cars with transverse batteries to stop the battery cables from escaping the shell and dragging on the ground. I also use it to keep the external LiPo alarm attached to the battery strap when using LiPo in a car with a TBLE-02 ESC, and for keeping the transponder secure in my racers. I prefer it to sticky-back velcro as it doesn't require me to stick anything to the chassis permanently.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

It is indeed! Very handy stuff. I use it on my M-03, M-05, TL-01 and other such cars with transverse batteries to stop the battery cables from escaping the shell and dragging on the ground. I also use it to keep the external LiPo alarm attached to the battery strap when using LiPo in a car with a TBLE-02 ESC, and for keeping the transponder secure in my racers. I prefer it to sticky-back velcro as it doesn't require me to stick anything to the chassis permanently.

This is brilliant.  I have 2 rolls of the stuff and cables that always annoy me (Novafox is the worst, mostly because I can't be bothered taking the car apart to swap the ESC plug over to XT60 so need an adapter) so I can finally do something about it.  Not what I should do, but a far easier thing that will alleviate some of the pain.

An extremely hopped up never run FF03 Pro, and VW Golf GTI body, unpainted

• Like 4

A Schumacher U254 battery holder for my Jamie Booth Astute replica!

Huge thanks to @Peter_B as he was the wonderful chap who found it for me. :wub:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J@mes said:

Luxury :wub: Pure indulgence! :P

49383817563_75bb7d5fce_b.jpg

One of my first tool purchases when I started the hobby. I have since purchased some generic ones which were part of a really good little tool kit but they weren’t a patch on the Tamiya ones. 

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

One of my first tool purchases when I started the hobby. I have since purchased some generic ones which were part of a really good little tool kit but they weren’t a patch on the Tamiya ones. 

£22 on side cutters is just reckless! :lol: 

50 minutes ago, J@mes said:

£22 on side cutters is just reckless! :lol: 

Ah, got mine back in the days of Banzai Hobby, they might have been a bit cheaper!

I'm sure I have been more reckless with some of my RC purchases!!!

Two Hard black chassis, one for the Tt-02b and one for the TT-02R. Certainly feels a lot stiffer in the hand.. Fnar Fnar.. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Two Hard black chassis, one for the Tt-02b and one for the TT-02R. Certainly feels a lot stiffer in the hand.. Fnar Fnar.. 😉 

Couldn't find them anywhere before christmas so got a new regular deck. Now modelsport have them for £7.59! Really trying hard not to buy one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Couldn't find them anywhere before christmas so got a new regular deck. Now modelsport have them for £7.59! Really trying hard not to buy one. 

That's exactly where I got mine. Had the stock notification, arrived in 24 hours! 

• Like 1

some ebay auction stuff:
hY5Tr5y.jpg?1

...and oh... yet another TA-03 chassis  <_<
rPq8pn0.jpg?1

it came with this porsche body... gonna use it as a runner shell.
NkdBBAf.jpg?1

bonus was the free shipping promo at the time so yay!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MockTurtle said:

some ebay auction stuff:
hY5Tr5y.jpg?1

...and oh... yet another TA-03 chassis  <_<
rPq8pn0.jpg?1

it came with this porsche body... gonna use it as a runner shell.
NkdBBAf.jpg?1

bonus was the free shipping promo at the time so yay!

Nice looking chassis 👍 pink servo stays 😍

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, svenb said:

Nice looking chassis 👍 pink servo stays 😍

thanks! it even came with purple hexes which was nice. its supposed to be a TRF TA03-RS. everything seems to check out so far. the cf battery plate and the shocks are not stock (though they are adjustable/threaded which is good i guess).

NCD2s5k.jpg?1

• Like 1

Picked up two of the new TT02 hard black chassis.  When the blue and white ones came out they disappeared pretty quick so this time I got them as soon as they released.

L5ItpY1.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MockTurtle said:

thanks! it even came with purple hexes which was nice. its supposed to be a TRF TA03-RS. everything seems to check out so far. the cf battery plate and the shocks are not stock (though they are adjustable/threaded which is good i guess).

NCD2s5k.jpg?1

Dampers look like trf 53571🤔 nice upgrade if not "period", original pink and blue dampers are pretty rare now but at least you got the pink motor plate👍

The most amazing bundle of M05 hop-ups arrived yesterday from @Percymon.

A66097E7-EBE0-4D99-B2C1-09568D2A37FD.jpg

My M05-RA will now be a far more special build. A torque tuned motor is on its way and there are a few more bits I would like to add.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Some bearings from RCBearings.The last of the bits I have been slowly collecting over the last 18 months to put into what will hopefully be an awesome Top Force.

Now I just need to buy the Top Force.

Resized_20200116_163608_4685.jpeg

• Like 3