backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

FB_IMG_1581369520403

Speedier spur gear and pinion forthe Comical Hornet. 34 spur vs 38 kit, 24t pinion vs 20t kit option. Should drop the FDR to around 12.5 by my calculations. Let's see how it goes. 

• Like 1

A package from Japan arrived today for my Thundershot.

49FF1AF9-DF92-4188-946E-5A7957C0315B.thumb.jpeg.22c95ba3e69eb8dc9bd4b1c72d6022ec.jpeg

I’ve got a Shapeways A5 arriving too which I’ll use instead of the OEM one on the A sheet.

• Like 1

A DN-01 arrived, with SWEETS! dunno why Japan get the pink wheels & everyone else gets white?

49522648852_e69157217c_b.jpg

• Like 4

Wiggle send sweets when you buy bike components, presume to give energy while you build.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got a tub of 3racing Ultra High Viscosity Gear Diff Oil to replace AW grease in my diffs. I'll be doing plenty of tear downs in the next couple of weeks to get my cars switched over.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biz73 said:

I got a tub of 3racing Ultra High Viscosity Gear Diff Oil to replace AW grease in my diffs. I'll be doing plenty of tear downs in the next couple of weeks to get my cars switched over.

For the record, I love the stuff !   I've done the same, going through my runners one by one.  Super Astute gear diff / CC01 front diff and my DT02's to get it next.

Go light on coating gears and it won't leak out !

14 hours ago, Thommo said:

For the record, I love the stuff !   I've done the same, going through my runners one by one.  Super Astute gear diff / CC01 front diff and my DT02's to get it next.

Go light on coating gears and it won't leak out !

Thanks for the heads up. I've talked to Juggular through PM's as well.

I am going to try it in some open diffs as well  - Grasshopper, Midnight Pumpkin, and FAV. I will only use a tiny amount because I don't want it to get to the other gears. I've been using AW grease at the moment and have only used a tiny bit for this same reason. Hopefully all goes well. DT-02 and Konghead diffs should be fine, I definitely won't be filling them up, just a light coating.

• Like 1

Big post day. Everything is here now for the Top Force, best get building.

E96A3940-39B6-4E2F-B5A3-2BF9E2DB170E.jpeg

• Like 8

Unfortunately I cannot claim the victory to the races these  1994 and 1995 Tamiya trophies came from, but  I was fairly surprised to win them for the starting price of £5! Nice little display pieces they’ll make :) 

WD5qCaL.jpg

• Like 6

@ACCEL sent me a box of TT01 bits and pieces through the mail and they arrived today.  He was extra nice and included some fancy parts, too, like Yeah Racing Shock Gear dampers, disc brakes, aluminum damper stays, some scale seat belts, and other cool stuff!  I need to lay it all out and see if I need to grab some TT01 parts from my leftovers as well, but I sense a build coming soon with all this stuff.  Thanks, Eric!

• Like 3

The Shapeways A5 and B8 parts arrived along with the shaft set which i’ll use instead of the screws.  Even though my Thundershot chassis isn’t broken, for $12 I couldn’t resist a new chassis in case something does happen to mine. 

B26065CC-7A2A-461A-AA2F-7722E2F6D0F0.thumb.jpeg.b8cb293c5b5b3127c892e7cd484d94fb.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, H22A4 said:

The Shapeways A5 and B8 parts arrived along with the shaft set which i’ll use instead of the screws.  Even though my Thundershot chassis isn’t broken, for $12 I couldn’t resist a new chassis in case something does happen to mine. 

B26065CC-7A2A-461A-AA2F-7722E2F6D0F0.thumb.jpeg.b8cb293c5b5b3127c892e7cd484d94fb.jpeg

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=133367&id=2692

@H22A4 see my link for my tshot with shafts, there's more parts needed to do it near completely......

got the final piece to the puzzle, a 58001 chassis. I've been collection bits and pieces over the last 5 yrs or so as an outright buy was always out of my reach. All I am missing now is the bumper bar wire, but that's not critical. The body comes from the 1/12th static kit, otherwise all the other parts are pretty much NIP.

58001_Porsche_934-1.jpg

• Like 4

The SkyRC TS50 arrived today, this is going in my sons racecar. Pleasantly surprised to see the wires soldered on with tinned ends, makes my life easier. 

Also the oil cooler kit for the 1:1 racecar. It seems like we're cutting it fine getting it ready for the first race in less than 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Dual Rider added to the stash. 

49532124357_1b4191134a_b.jpg

Need to get the missus to have a clear out to fit more kits in the wardrobe :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The SkyRC TS50 arrived today, this is going in my sons racecar. Pleasantly surprised to see the wires soldered on with tinned ends, makes my life easier. 

Just got one myself to go in a Cat XLS. Was the only brushless ESC I could find that would fit as it didn't require a fan to run. I'm really impressed with it and if you can I'd recommend the program box for it. You can then link to a pc / laptop  to program it and set loads of parameters. The program box also doubles as a servo, battery and motor tester plus you can also set the ESC with it!

I've paired it with a cheap 13.5t brushless motor off ebay (think someone on here referred to them as a blue bottle?!) and now have an excellent set up for £50. I'll definitely get another set. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Just got one myself to go in a Cat XLS. Was the only brushless ESC I could find that would fit as it didn't require a fan to run. I'm really impressed with it and if you can I'd recommend the program box for it. You can then link to a pc / laptop  to program it and set loads of parameters. The program box also doubles as a servo, battery and motor tester plus you can also set the ESC with it!

I've paired it with a cheap 13.5t brushless motor off ebay (think someone on here referred to them as a blue bottle?!) and now have an excellent set up for £50. I'll definitely get another set. 

Glad to hear they run well. I have the program box as my race cars run the TS120 and TS160. I was going to get my son the TS120 as well but the TS50 was half price and he runs his car at 60% EPA anyway. Hes getting a Surpass V4S though, same as i run. I borrowed his car when mine broke one race meet (setup for 17.5T 4wd stock but he runs in kids class) and it was too slow so he got an upgrade haha. Need a new steering servo too, the Savox 1251MG is too slow, I run the 1258TG in mine and used to the faster servo. That got off topic...

Does the TS50 run turbo and boost or is it blinky only? Doesn't matter for my use, but if they are programmable like that then could be the cheap go to esc

7 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Does the TS50 run turbo and boost or is it blinky only?

Can be set for either, easiest off the box or laptop. Sadly the better TS120 and 160 wouldn't fit. Upgrade because its too slow?! Sure... Shiny shiny.. 😉 

26 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Which country are they coming from?

They came from Japan, stockist Plaza Japan. They were over the threshold so it is a fair cop. Also still significantly cheaper than the U.K.-based sellers (which aren’t in stock).

It does make me think that my next order from them - M chassis damper and rear hubs - will also be captured.

Seems they are quite hot on stuff from Japan. Thats the only time ive been hit by it.

Hong Kong / China never an issue.

• Thanks 1