backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

9 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Can be set for either, easiest off the box or laptop. Sadly the better TS120 and 160 wouldn't fit. Upgrade because its too slow?! Sure... Shiny shiny.. 😉 

His motor is an old v1 Trackstar so it is slow. Its fine for him, but its when I borrow it...

I actually have the motor already, I ordered 2 and one wasn't as good as it should be, the sensors were all over the place. They sent me a bew sensor board and offered a new motor too for US20 so I grabbed that, so my son is getting that motor. It is still a lot faster than the trackstar though

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 2:36 PM, Badcrumble said:

They came from Japan, stockist Plaza Japan. They were over the threshold so it is a fair cop. Also still significantly cheaper than the U.K.-based sellers (which aren’t in stock).

It does make me think that my next order from them - M chassis damper and rear hubs - will also be captured.

Get use to it guy's! HMRC are going to love Europe this time next year! But at least we are in charge of our own destiny and I can't wait for blue passports.......yippee!!!!!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Porsche GT1 street?

Probably not. I was interested that this was being released, but it’s looking like only a very standard chassis. I’m currently on the lookout for a new built or NIB David Jun or either of the old TA03 TRF’s 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

A Dual Rider and bearings kit, thanks JadlamRacing for a bargain

Me too but not the bearings. I went for free postage so will be another couple of days, mind you sneaked in an Arquoshot at the asme time

• Like 3

The postie brought me my alloy wheels for my grand hauler and a truck dash optic kit also for the grand hauler. 

Wheels from rc mart in around a week 

IMG_20200218_134202.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Me too but not the bearings. I went for free postage so will be another couple of days, mind you sneaked in an Arquoshot at the asme time

Me too, free delivery only took 3- 4 days.. seemed a shame to add postage to the bargain price ;) 

20 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Me too, free delivery only took 3- 4 days.. seemed a shame to add postage to the bargain price ;) 

Servo mounts arrived, hope they fit in the TRF, otherwise it's about an 8 week wait for N parts from Japan. Fingers crossed.

IMG_20200218_164227.jpg

21 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Wait, did you want some bearings so rather than pay postage you 'topped up' the order with a kit? That is amazing if you did!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Wait, did you want some bearings so rather than pay postage you 'topped up' the order with a kit? That is amazing if you did!

no just forgot to order them. Have them for the Arquoshot. RC bearings here I come

• Like 1

At home today, was just sitting in the car just about to back out, and watched a nondescript van pull up, an old lady gets out, waddles up and throws this at the front door! Then walks up back up drive realising I'm home, squeezes into van and toddles off 😄

Hope it still works! 

YjaLQvz.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

This lovely lot was waiting for me when I returned yesterday. THANK YOU @Grumpy pants !!!

rQt98Fz.jpg

An absolute pleasure Erich.

Hopefully the part you need is in there and you will be able to make use of some of the other spares 👍

• Like 1

"Accidentally" ordered another Jimny Wheelie body a few weeks ago which turned up yesterday. I'm going fluorescent yellow - but not the Tamiya paints, which seem to have a bad reputation for flaking. 

Also picked up a nice little 1/64 scale car for my office at work, everyone else has a desk toy and I felt left out. I went for this which is incredibly detailed for being so teeny weenie:

_inno64_9588826261337_164_diecast_nissan

• Like 2

Spot the difference, one of these was £22 the other £11.. Both brand new off flea Bay. They're identical (yes I know the sensor leads are different 😁) and hopefully as good as the previous one I received. Just waiting on another Sky Rc TS50 to arrive so I can pop one in the TT-02B. £33 for two 13.5t brushless motors is still a bargain me thinks. 

DSC_0025

• Like 1

I also ordered one of those £11 bluebottles the other day, and it arrived this afternoon.

2020-02-20_01-48-59

I wasted no time popping it in my DT-02 and taking it for a test run.

2020-02-20_04-41-16

It seemed to perform just as well as the £22 bluebottles I have ordered previously. 

• Like 2

Le Poste Monsieur brought this yesterday. 201, spare shell and wing, and a box chock full of spares.

IMG_20200220_173458.jpg

• Like 2