backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

@CoolHands what @ThunderDragonCy has linked to. If you pop in 13.5t brushless into the bay or Google you'll get plenty of options at varying prices. They hover around £20 and occasionally drop right down. My cheap one came through as a buy it again notification. 

Technically yesterday my Jadlam order arrived. First time I've used them. Mighty impressed. Good price, Postage free (still DPD though) and only 3 days. Tamico might have some serious competition!!! As its DPD shipped you can divert to pick up point. Very useful for getting items into the house unseen (I suceeded:ph34r:)

IMG_1801.JPG.51f8f9534c1fbf6f68469eae6a47087e.JPGIMG_1802.JPG.1d726c4395e0897a968c14fcce0d9ea8.JPGIMG_1803.JPG.a436477d82e9d10123a21ae1e9cc424e.JPG

Happy days:D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

My 2020 Tamiya catalog :wub:

....only to find it has no RC cars in it!!!! :huh::unsure::wacko::(

RC tanks, yes

RC trucks, yes

1/32 scale mini racers - loads of em

RC cars - not even a Falcon......

Full disclosure - the last Tamiya catalogue I bought was the 1989 one, so things may have changed a bit in the few years since.... ;) 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

My 2020 Tamiya catalog :wub:

....only to find it has no RC cars in it!!!! :huh::unsure::wacko::(

RC tanks, yes

RC trucks, yes

1/32 scale mini racers - loads of em

RC cars - not even a Falcon......

Full disclosure - the last Tamiya catalogue I bought was the 1989 one, so things may have changed a bit in the few years since.... ;) 

There is a catalog from Tamiya.de. It has all current cars (no tanks) and a lot of part listings/pictures. Magic.

https://tamico.de/TAMIYA-RC-Katalog-2019-deutsch-englisch

A new built 49172 TG10 Mk.1 PRO Long Suspension Version (w/body) with almost every conceivable hop-up fitted (with the exception of the blue oversize heat sink - but one is one the way). Bought last month, only got around to opening it up today. Came with a load of spares too - happy days! I'll get this listed in my TC showroom with some decent pics in due course. Edit: now done https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=134907&id=16836

IMG_4739.JPG

IMG_4740.JPG

• Like 5

12 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

picked up another TA02 chassis this week. This will go with a BMW M3 body I have.

Ebay_purchase-2020_02_15_TA02_chassis-1.

Ahem.... TA01. ;)

• Like 1

This arrived Friday morning (would have been Thursday but I missed him by literally 3mins:rolleyes:) It just adds a little fun to my collection! Not to every ones taste but I think is brilliant and it's been painted absolutely superb and I can't believe how heavy it is and it has no battery in it!

20200223_094154.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Nice radio for me. I like racing so this is ace. Upgraded from an old esprit 2. The old & the new

52A5FA58-0D37-4DAF-84EA-C120BB364BAA.jpeg

• Like 4

My Futaba 7XC from Japan arrived without Customs interference.  So happy.

IMG_4375-1600.thumb.JPG.1c7b62c0e9a763734729685743110cc9.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some more parts for my stalled M05-RA build. So much blue in this one, even the inserts are blue!!

63E59739-1265-4DA6-AE67-38501E931D5B.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oneball1971 said:

Does an ironing board cover from Amazon count?

Meh why not. I got a load of bills, and pizza flyers.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

They don’t hang around for long. I ordered mine this afternoon from a different seller on eBay for just over £12 including postage and then this evening it is back up to £22 from that same seller. 

Got some fun stuff through the mail...

• 10 mm x 2 mm neodymium magnets for making hidden body mounts
  • 3 mm grub screws (spares)
  • 2.5 mm e-clips (spares)
  • M4 closed end nuts to try with some wheels
  • M4 low-profile flanged lock nuts
  • M4 standard-profile flanged lock nuts
  • M4 brass inserts to try with some 3D-printed knockoffs for wheels

spacer.png

• Like 2

I finally cracked my vintage Super G neon yellow front wheels at the track on Saturday. They've done sterling service to be fair. One of the other guys had some neon yellow Optima style wheels on his Egress in 2.2". There's a company called JC Racing doing them. Hunted them down at Modelsport, wonderings about a front hex conversion for Ultra G when I found THESE!

20200225_144816

JC Racing is now doing ULTIMA pepperpot wheels. Bearing fronts, 12mm rears (rears not fitted, yet). These a slim width, 2.2" size, and look amazing. Ultima uses 840 bearings for the wheels it seems, so I've taken a punt on 850 bearings and some shims to get them running. If the bearings die fast I'll drill them out to 10 or 11mm and get some flanged bearings, but for now, Super G-tastic!

• Like 4