backtomyroots

The "Postman Brought Me" Thread

Another sweet body set for the collection arrived today. Been looking for this one for a while.

Cheers to Kev the Rev.

J

DSC_5652.JPG

• Like 1

With drier weather on its way (🤞), i need to get a move on, and get the Dark Impact ready for some speed runs, ordered some new diff balls, went for ceramic this time....

2020-03-03_05-17-53

• Like 2

My second Skyrc Toro TS50 arrived for the Tt-02b. I'm bit of a fan so may order another for the M-06 when I can get another Blue Brushless 13.5t motor off the flea Bay. Nice to be able to use one program box for multiple cars. 

• Like 2

Following my Customs charge (£14.30 :angry:) I collected my recent parts haul.

49618473068_24f8edf956_b.jpg

This is to allow me to finish a GF01 after buying the gears and chassis last year and doing nothing with it. I definitely could have just bought a whole GF01 kit for what I've now spent collecting parts and a suitable bodyshell, but where's the fun in that?! :lol:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ChrisRx718 said:

a suitable bodyshell

Which one is that?

5 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Which one is that?

Nothing exciting; just another Jimny Wheelie body. I wanted the Toyota Pickup but it was never released separately from a kit, sadly. You could buy the clear shell, accessories and stickers all separately but it would have cost in excess of £60, whereas the Jimny is readily available for around £25. No brainer unfortunately!

The postman brought me a big heavy box... I always forget how big these trucks really are... :)

20200305_172736.jpg

• Like 6

220+ pieces for my dremel 😀

79B0E663-AB9E-481F-BA86-C9A84B1ABA47.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Damper bag and a card from Royal Mail saying that another item is at a depot miles away as they did not abide by my instructions to leave it in the shed :angry:

447EBB5D-70CA-4EBC-8D58-CADA4012466B.jpeg

Terrible photograph, but these parts from RCMart mean my GF-01 project can finally move forward:

49626499923_a0d20054b1_b.jpg

• Like 2

New propeller shaft and cups (I have the originals but as I’m going to run the car and they are ‘hidden’ I decided to beef the internals up whilst keeping the originals safe in the parts box), tyres, a reproduction shell (the old one is cracked and painted in both sides!) and a custom due card :(

...and then after going to pay the duty and collect the item and a bit of shopping too...

Futaba 3PV, Hobbywing 1060 ESC, charger, battery, press parts pack and RED SHORT CVA SHOCKS ! So happy right now. :)

140A59E2-A210-4FA9-B94B-B4AFD0DA210F.jpeg

F4D1DD8B-C991-48D6-BEFF-4F0D3EF6ABA4.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/3/2020 at 10:22 PM, moffman said:

Very nice! Was never a specific fan of the clodbuster simply because I had one and because of the size of it I was forever moving it out of the way and I got tired of it!, Why can't tamiya do all the black edition boxes like this one the monster beetle just got a little sticker on the front and sides? 

Agree. They are all over the place when it comes to deciding how to present the Black Special kits. No consistency at all.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 4:47 PM, TDanny said:

The postman brought me a big heavy box... I always forget how big these trucks really are... :)

20200305_172736.jpg

Imagine getting that as a kid on Christmas or birthday! It’d just be the best Christmas evvvvvvver 

• Like 3

On 3/5/2020 at 12:54 PM, ChrisRx718 said:

Following my Customs charge (£14.30 :angry:) I collected my recent parts haul.

49618473068_24f8edf956_b.jpg

This is to allow me to finish a GF01 after buying the gears and chassis last year and doing nothing with it. I definitely could have just bought a whole GF01 kit for what I've now spent collecting parts and a suitable bodyshell, but where's the fun in that?! :lol:

Get used to custom charges! Its going to be a way of life shortly (very shortly ) but just think your next passport might be blue and we are now in charge of our own destiny.......yippee...........right which airport has regular flights to Australia?

• Like 1

Today I received a nice silver alloy ballraced steering assembly for a TT-01 - which was a bit annoying as I thought I had ordered one for a DF-02. I checked my order thinking that I had been sent the wrong item, but no, the mistake was mine, so I have just ordered another, correct one this time. I just hope it makes it here in time for next weekend's outing to Robin Hood Raceway!

On a happier note, I now have an unexpected steering upgrade for my TT-01 rally car, the only one in my fleet not already running ballraced steering.

• Like 1

Two Hornets and a Frog.  They were on sale at 50% off at RCMart so I couldn’t resist. The Frog is for the wife!

8DD68EF7-8675-4335-AD70-CE0D2313B57B.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

Two Hornets and a Frog.  They were on sale at 50% off at RCMart so I couldn’t resist. The Frog is for the wife!

8DD68EF7-8675-4335-AD70-CE0D2313B57B.jpeg

50% off wow

• Like 1

Been waiting for the arrival of this kit for a few months...  Glad to finally have one show up!

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 3:47 AM, TDanny said:

Hey, we have those same cushions from Ikea!

16 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

50% off wow

Yep, 50% off, so buy two! And the full size Hornet was (I think) 52% off. I really couldn't pass that deal up. I was planning on getting a Hornet at some point; and the wife wanted a pink, esay to drive car. Of course I then needed a comparable car to race around the backyard with her.
At least that's how I justified it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1